Zeck Ford Itasca, TX

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Who knows how much they paid for the car.
I here this all the time. “We’re losing $ on the deal”. I’m sure sometimes that does happen but not very often.
They probably had 50 people hit them up from this thread alone :crackup: They're thinking some sucker will come along and buy it eventually
Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Tom mentioned invoice was around $55K. Not sure what invoice really represents nowadays.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I'm sure this thread did not help the price of that 350 at all. No telling how many people called an inquired about it raising the price back up to near MSRP, lol.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My wife worked at a dealership in accounting where she had to reconcile closed deals against actual cost. There is a lot more below invoice and holdback than most people would ever guess. To start, money is built in for commissions as most all sales gets paid for moving units regardless of the profit. Then there are dollars to cover free maintenance, incentives to move old units, volume incentives, etc. and most anything else needed to close a deal.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
If someone on here really wants this car, I would suggest you speak with the GM. I think MikeyTX (Michael) said Tom was his name. I would not deal with anyone else and would not even speak with anyone else about the car. Zeck will want to move this asset and get it off their books. I think you could still get it around the 46-48k range. I know dealerships make money on financing, but in this case I think if you told Tom you would wire him funds today, after an inspection, he would make the deal.

Maybe I am off base, but given Zeck just purchased this dealership and went through a tornado this week, I would think the cash flow would be helpful.

Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If someone on here really wants this car, I would suggest you speak with the GM. I think MikeyTX (Michael) said Tom was his name. I would not deal with anyone else and would not even speak with anyone else about the car. Zeck will want to move this asset and get it off their books. I think you could still get it around the 46-48k range. I know dealerships make money on financing, but in this case I think if you told Tom you would wire him funds today, after an inspection, he would make the deal.

Maybe I am off base, but given Zeck just purchased this dealership and went through a tornado this week, I would think the cash flow would be helpful.
Tom was very convincing that the new owners want very close to MSRP (no doubt because of this thread) even though he knows it would sell quickly for $10-$15 below MSRP. I hope he calls me back when the owners realize it’s a 6 YO GT350 model that has a class-action law suit pending in FL courts. I need a third ‘16 GT350....

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Who knows how much they paid for the car.
I here this all the time. “We’re losing $ on the deal”. I’m sure sometimes that does happen but not very often.
It was part of the inventory when Ford gave them the franchise tag. That is why the window sticker says Lloyd Ford.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Tom was very convincing that the new owners want very close to MSRP (no doubt because of this thread) even though he knows it would sell quickly for $10-$15 below MSRP. I hope he calls me back when the owners realize it’s a 6 YO GT350 model that has a class-action law suit pending in FL courts. I need a third ‘16 GT350....
At ~$48,000 as a selling price there is no question that this brand new 2016 GT350 is a sweet deal when it comes to a FPC engine along with being a brand new car that comes with all factory/Ford Bumper-To-Bumper and Powertrain warranties!

Aside from the bumper sag being a minor issue I suggest that the performance that this car will provide on the long term will definitely be a terrific experience despite not being a Track Pack car.

The other issue to consider is that the 2016 GT350 Owners Kit which I suggest will not be with this cool car and will be subject to sitting somewhere at FP waiting for the sale of this cool vehicle.

Bottom line is that the new owners of this dealership fully understand where the existing used/new car market is presently for any of the 2nd generation GT350/R's and based on the current demand I suggest that they know exactly what they are doing.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yup ........... W/o question, they know demand for an untitled Voodoo will go up !

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
To add fuel to the fire....here's a snapshot of the used value of this car via Black Book..........

1620305477450.png

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
hmmm....starting to feel like this thread was bogus from the beginning...$10K off msrp, been driven some to keep it fresh (though it only has what is very likely the factory 4.9 miles)...and now no deal being offered and it is a collectors item that the dealer knows what they have. Give it a day or two for the ADM to be added.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
hmmm....starting to feel like this thread was bogus from the beginning...$10K off msrp, been driven some to keep it fresh (though it only has what is very likely the factory 4.9 miles)...and now no deal being offered and it is a collectors item that the dealer knows what they have. Give it a day or two for the ADM to be added.
Hahahaha
Car dealers.....A close friend of mine recently told me the dealership he works for sold a car to the GM’s father and even he got the shaft. They just can’t help themselves.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
PP0001,
Does your comment, “based on the current demand I suggest that they know exactly what they are doing”, mean that they (and the previous owner) know how to keep a GT350 forever as a showroom queen and out of the hands of a consumer? If so, I agree with you.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The current market isn't helping things. The general manager of the Ford dealership I know (I bought my '19 GT through him Invoice - 4% - rebates) CALLED me and asked if I wanted get rid of my car. The offer he gave me I thought was ridiculously high. It was right at what I paid (including TTL) in Sept of '19. Then I got a Vroom offer to compare. Even higher.

So I entertained the idea of getting a new '20 GT if I could find what I wanted on a dealer's lot. '20 GT Premium, 401a, 6 speed, Recaros and Performance Pack. I figured it was a unicorn. Found 3 at the same dealer about 1.5 hours up the road. Send an email. Got a price. Stick a tick over $50k. With rebates their price was $42 and change + TTL. Not counting trade equity.

Was upfront with the sales guy and told him we were in the middle of house refi and I would have to wait until it was done. The price for the same car (1 of the 3 has sold) is now almost $2K higher.

Nuts.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
The current market isn't helping things. The general manager of the Ford dealership I know (I bought my '19 GT through him Invoice - 4% - rebates) CALLED me and asked if I wanted get rid of my car. The offer he gave me I thought was ridiculously high. It was right at what I paid (including TTL) in Sept of '19. Then I got a Vroom offer to compare. Even higher.

So I entertained the idea of getting a new '20 GT if I could find what I wanted on a dealer's lot. '20 GT Premium, 401a, 6 speed, Recaros and Performance Pack. I figured it was a unicorn. Found 3 at the same dealer about 1.5 hours up the road. Send an email. Got a price. Stick a tick over $50k. With rebates their price was $42 and change + TTL. Not counting trade equity.

Was upfront with the sales guy and told him we were in the middle of house refi and I would have to wait until it was done. The price for the same car (1 of the 3 has sold) is now almost $2K higher.

Nuts.
That is CRAZY.....
Sponsored