cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I am tending to think the attention this thread brought to the car and the fact that probably people were calling to inquire about it - has boosted interest.

That boosted interest on a car that's been sitting has in turn made the Dealership realize they can get max asking price - not only because of the newfound interest but because the current vehicle market is at insanity stage....
Nailed it ! When I originally posted about the car, my intention was to do as other have done before. Simply act as a defacto locator now that Ford has removed the ability to do so. However, based upon the negative comments by some, even if I should stumble upon an untitled new or, clean used late model GT350, I will not bother to say anything.
Mike
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Nailed it ! When I originally posted about the car, my intention was to do as other have done before. Simply act as a defacto locator now that Ford has removed the ability to do so. However, based upon the negative comments by some, even if I should stumble upon an untitled new or, clean used late model GT350, I will not bother to say anything.
Mike
Understand your comments and thoughts but going forward I would encourage you to continue to provide information for cool cars such as the one in question which will continue to be beneficial for all of our members despite some negative comments from a very few select individuals.

Thanks again for posting!!

:clap:

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The Dallas - Ft Worth market is a huge Mustang market for Ford. I'd wager there are more like this one out there.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
0F55A729-FBB5-4C07-B2DE-1FDF4072BD62.jpeg

I sold my '19 Mustang GT on Monday, and
this showed up at my house today :)

Thanks to Michael for spotting it and posting here. He was not wrong about Tom at Zeck wanting to move the car, and for how much he'd let it go for.

It's been an interesting few weeks getting everything to come together to get it here. My first out of state car purchase has tested my patience more than I anticipated :crackup:

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350

Thanks to Michael for spotting it and posting here. He was not wrong about Tom at Zeck wanting to move the car, and for how much he'd let it go for.

It's been an interesting few weeks getting everything to come together to get it here. My first out of state car purchase has tested my patience more than I anticipated :crackup:

Congratulations! Welcome!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

And what was the OTD price?

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
Great deal, and I personally love the yellow. I've only seen one or two and they look great in the flesh.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
I think the first order of business will be new tires. The DOT date is 1116 (March 2016) and the flat spots are noticeable when driving. They have that sorta dried out haze, and I can tell they don't grip like a new tire. I had a set of new Michelin PS4S on my GT I'm comparing these with

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Lastly, I hope that FP still has the 2016 Shelby Owners Kit sitting around somewhere as FP has been known to move from time to time therefore some of these owners kits can get misplaced during their moves to a different location.

:sunglasses:
By the way, the kit showed up today!
I posted this elsewhere, but wanted to add here. Your comment made me aware that these cars had an owner's kit, so I was able to reach out to Ford Performance and ask about it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
By the way, the kit showed up today!
I posted this elsewhere, but wanted to add here. Your comment made me aware that these cars had an owner's kit, so I was able to reach out to Ford Performance and ask about it.
Happy that FP located your 2016 GT350 owner's kit as that certainly important provenance for your car and for all of our GT350/R's going forward.

Just two years ago I had a fellow car buddy ask me for help locating the "Black Book" for his 2000 Cobra R as he purchased his 2000 Cobra R brand new from a dealership in Florida in the Spring of 2000 but the Black Book never showed up.

Luckily I had a great relationship with an individual at FP and reached out to him asking for his help after which time he indicated that FP (Ford Racing back in 2000) had moved numerous times between 2000 and 2019 therefore he said that the odds of locating it were very slim and to not get my hopes up.

Long story short and after 2 weeks of hunting around and opening a lot of boxes at various FP locations it was pretty much a miracle that the Black Book was located after being transported and moved from location to location over the prior 19 years. :crazy:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Happy that FP located your 2016 GT350 owner's kit as that certainly important provenance for your car and for all of our GT350/R's going forward.

Just two years ago I had a fellow car buddy ask me for help locating the "Black Book" for his 2000 Cobra R as he purchased his 2000 Cobra R brand new from a dealership in Florida in the Spring of 2000 but the Black Book never showed up.

Luckily I had a great relationship with an individual at FP and reached out to him asking for his help after which time he indicated that FP (Ford Racing back in 2000) had moved numerous times between 2000 and 2019 therefore he said that the odds of locating it were very slim and to not get my hopes up.

Long story short and after 2 weeks of hunting around and opening a lot of boxes at various FP locations it was pretty much a miracle that the Black Book was located after being transported and moved from location to location over the prior 19 years. :crazy:
That is seriously cool, what luck they were able to locate it!

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
:bow:
Thanks Mikeytx.
You good deed and thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored