GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Following the Your Best Mods Ever? thread, I thought I'd start one for your worst mods.

1. American Muscle tints - literally all the tints were either too big or too small
2. Steeda hood latch - Poorly designed, wobbles like a nodding dog unless you use a washer and glue to bodge it
3. Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers - The tolerance in Kook's manufacturing process results in the headers not fitting between the starter motor and steering without grinding down the starter motor mount.
4. SC Oil Separator - Almost impossible to open and close without superhuman strength.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
1. American Muscle tints - literally all the tints were either too big or too small
Assuming you mean the red taillight tints? If so, same!

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Gr11m by name....
Okay, here are mine:
1. EPM Sequential Rear lights mod (V3) - buggered the electrics
2. GT350 Steering Wheel - nice, but v. expensive and the alcantara needs 24/7 care to look okay. Should have gone with a Royal version.
3. Covercraft/Ford car cover (not a mod - but a huge waste of money)

Otherwise I've been lucky (and not ventured into high end stuff like suspension, headers, etc)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Steeda strut brace. Not nice. Replaced with 350R version. Very nice.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nope, all the tints for all the lights and reflectors.
Ah, well I'm referring to the red Anchor Room set, sold by AM. Stay away.

See @Manders Mustang if you want a decent set of vinyl tints for the rear taillights

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Ah, well I'm referring to the red Anchor Room set, sold by AM. Stay away.

See @Manders Mustang if you want a decent set of vinyl tints for the rear taillights
Ditto the light smoke Anchor Room tints. Might be better over the US red tail lights but on our clear lights was almost invisible other than for the dullness of the vinyl.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto the light smoke Anchor Room tints. Might be better over the US red tail lights but on our clear lights was almost invisible other than for the dullness of the vinyl.
Put my ones on already and you'll be happy :p!

My worst mod is:
1. Anchor Room Tints. Amber doesn't show through, got pulled by the feds for it. Now made my own that's better and more transparent so use that instead.
2. (Previous top) DD DRL's (Tribars). One of the first to have it in the country, install wasn't perfect, but assumed it was "the only way", product came and indicated 1/3/2 rather than 1/2/3. Absolutley dreadful customer service too. Now it's been fixed by Usman I'm happy with them :p
3. DD Sidemarkers. Just dogsh1t connectors.
4. Cobb 3" Downpipe W/ High Flow Cat. ONLY because it said it fitted a RHD and it's actually LHD only. Needed cutting up.

So really the only one mod I don't like is the Tints I used to have. The rest I just don't like part of the product.

Andy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red gt
Put my ones on already and you'll be happy :p!

My worst mod is:
1. Anchor Room Tints. Amber doesn't show through, got pulled by the feds for it. Now made my own that's better and more transparent so use that instead.
2. (Previous top) DD DRL's (Tribars). One of the first to have it in the country, install wasn't perfect, but assumed it was "the only way", product came and indicated 1/3/2 rather than 1/2/3. Absolutley dreadful customer service too. Now it's been fixed by Usman I'm happy with them :p
3. DD Sidemarkers. Just dogsh1t connectors.
4. Cobb 3" Downpipe W/ High Flow Cat. ONLY because it said it fitted a RHD and it's actually LHD only. Needed cutting up.

So really the only one mod I don't like is the Tints I used to have. The rest I just don't like part of the product.
You doing tints for 2018 yet manders?

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
worst - anything from American Muscle - STILL waiting for delivery of a few small interior bits - 2 months on!

also side scoops I bought from a company in Bradford - total waste of money, they were scratched, botched and didnt fit - binned!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You doing tints for 2018 yet manders?
I need a set of lights to make a template from, so unless anyone with an 18 is local and wants a set for free (probably need the car for a few hours, or just the rear lights lol!) i won't have a set.

Other way i could do it is to order an Anchor room set and use them as a template; however i don't trust their cutting, and don't really want to give them any money!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Nobody’s mentioned the crappy hood vents.... a truly aweful mod, that looks like a dogs dinner

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody’s mentioned the crappy hood vents.... a truly aweful mod, that looks like a dogs dinner
I like mine personally. Never came off, look the bollocks imo

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
4. SC Oil Separator - Almost impossible to open and close without superhuman strength.
My Mishimoto is like this - never been able to unscrew. Luckily there's a nut at the bottom as backup.

I got some mud guards from the states for about $30. Look terrible - they're about 3mm thick (plastic) and went straight in the garage, never to be seen again.

Never learn my lesson on buying tat. My Mustang pillows arrived the other week. I keep a couple in the car for staying in hotels, so I don't have to sleep on communial hotel pillows a thousand peoiple have dribbled into. They take up room, so ideal to keep on the back seat. Got black ones in the BMW which you can't really see from the outside and are unobtrusive. Thought I'd get some logo ones for the Mustang, but they're massive (3 foot long 'US king size') and too embarrasing to leave on the back seat.

DM734-3_2aed96b5-390a-4eb6-ba29-309226082ef4_grande.jpg
Sponsored