Your thoughts on IRS

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Just a little history for you about my ridiculous statement. While I'm a long way from being a pro driver I have attended a SCCA driving school and stayed with it up until I couldn't go any further without getting my license. I chose to stop there because I had to weigh the cost of moving forward versus the amount of time I could run the course. No racing, just open lapping days using your own car.

Also my question was to people who had owned other Mustangs with a solid rear axle if they could tell any difference. Only one reply so far says he's had older models and he prefers the solid axle. So thank you for a childish smart ass reply but your opinion is of little value to me.
AMEN PoCoBob ....!! I FEEL YOUR "NAUSEA" . I see you been on here just a bit longer than me . Like you I joined for friendliness and info from other STANGERS' experiences . I was mobbed with attacks on my "Grammar" ,Spelling ", Used TOO MANY CAPS ! AND EXCLAMATION POINTS !!!!!!!. There is always the Wise Asses that know more than Carrol Shelby {If I misspelled it with one "L" instead of two . Stuff It . !! Trolls ... If folks would help each other instead of belittle a guy with an unusual question things would be so much better . I was chastised for using CAPS in all my posts . until you walk a mile in my shoes with only one hand that works ,so Caps made it easier to communicate and you wouldn't believe the teenage crap I got for that " infraction ". Movie "MEAN GIRLS" ain' t got SH*T on some of these jerks . I have met some nice knowledgeable folks that don't talk down to you and I appreciate them . So I got my wife to do my typing so the crap of "CAPS" ceased . Guess the new generation must have it all perfectly written . I have basically kept quiet till I saw your Post and had to say something . You folks that want to try and make a fool out of me ....SAVE YOUR TIME !! I'm already aware of that from reading some of your crap you post . Best of Luck PoCoBob ...Junqdawg
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
"... Pushing modern sports cars to their limit is much harder to do now. The limit is so much higher and the roads are still the same.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue I have with IRS is that weird insane thing that happens when a lot of power is put down too quickly and the car launches hard to the right and points you at the the ditch.

A 4 cyl rental car did this to me.
I corrected and recovered, but for someone inexperienced or not expecting that, it would have been a wreck.

My Bullitt hasn't done this yet, but I don't push the car to the limit either. Public roads will not support the limit of this car.
"... the car launches hard to the right and points you at the the ditch." Done there, been that. When I was about nine years old, my Dad put me behind the wheel of his '60 Oldsmobile on a private dirt road. He said, "Floor it and don't let up. Just keep it on the road." It traded ditches three or four times, but I didn't lose it and got it straightened up, still at full throttle. Man, those were the days. That was a solid rear axle and tons of torque. Bias-ply tires and drum brakes, too.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Pushing modern sports cars to their limit is much harder to do now. The limit is so much higher and the roads are still the same.
I get a kick out of people who rag on my Eco for not having enough engine. I've done shit in an old Datsun and VW Rabbit that was *completely* irresponsible. That was less than 100 HP! And you know what, those cars were fun as hell. Often the most entertaining cars are the least powerful.

Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I doubt many of us will ever push these cars so close to their limit that we would notice a difference.
You should ride passenger with me on US129 and tell me that the limits of the car aren't being pushed. Believe it or not, really good drivers exist.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
If the message were for you, he would have written it in crayon.
Would have probably taken BOTH OF YOU . After all that's 13 big words and a comma and a PERIOD . Crayons ? . really ? Ya'll still use them to scribble on the walls too ? Get a Job . You got a long way to go if you are trying to be cute ......THERE YOU GO PoCoBob ..Prime example of what I was talking about . Junqdawg save it . pushing the IGNORE BUTTON in 3-2-1.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
You should ride passenger with me on US129 and tell me that the limits of the car aren't being pushed. Believe it or not, really good drivers exist.
Correct, they do. There's one question that is a pretty good way to tell if you are one of the very few.

Are you being paid to do it?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I guess our Texan doesn't have a very good sense of humor.

Lighten up, Francis.

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Jack'n thread: Ratios for Super IRS. We No longer are wholesale/retail distrib., tryin to sell anyone parts. Just a bit info for anyone who can use it.
SmartSelect_20210622-191548_Yahoo Mail.jpg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Jack'n thread: Ratios for Super IRS. We No longer are wholesale/retail distrib., tryin to sell anyone parts. Just a bit info for anyone who can use it.
Any chance of cutting anything taller than 3.55?

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Any chance of cutting anything taller than 3.55?
Anything can be cut. Based on hypoid ANGLES vs ratio needed.

U may want 3.21 ...
but a 3 23 is whats practical for several reasons.

That said. Its a min of a pallet of gears in 1 ratio at time. So market DEMAND what drives cuts, unless ur willing to spend a TON OF CASH TO BUY 25 ratios

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Anything can be cut. Based on hypoid ANGLES vs ratio needed.

U may want 3.21 ...
but a 3 23 is whats practical for several reasons.

That said. Its a min of a pallet of gears in 1 ratio at time. So market DEMAND what drives cuts, unless ur willing to spend a TON OF CASH TO BUY 25 ratios
That's all reasonable. Let me guess...I'm the only one to ever ask?

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Well, there are plenty of articles out there comparing the two designs, look them up. If your a straight line only person, then the benefits may not be as obvious, but on the track or back roads with continually changing surface camber, the ability for each tire to adjust individually putting the largest useable tire patch down in just about every situation is invaluable.
Sponsored