Your Experience Versus My Experiment - 3rd Gen Coyote Mods

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 Mustang GT with 19 inch wheels, 6 speed manual, 3.55 rear end, no Strut tower brace, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, option package 301A. Really love the car. However a buddy of mine has a Camaro RS/SS 6 speed that I had the opportunity to drive last weekend. He has the SLP/Eaton Supercharger and his car had of course more punch and everything seems to work like it came from the factory. His car is around 530 rwhp. This is the question, what supercharger, shifter and wheel size would provide more horsepower, and still work for me as my car is driven daily? I enjoy Track and Sport modes and the winter mode, would adding a supercharger eliminate them sincwe most require a new tune? Would 600 rwhp be possible without a sc and keep it streetable? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple, Edelbrock, etc..... All will work just fine on the car. All drive modes on my Whippled '18 work. Wheel size, and shifter are personal preference.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP, FYI, we have some sweet t-shirts and coffee mugs available at the gift-shop;

upload_2019-8-7_10-54-28-png.png

whipple-that-bich-promo-png.png

OP
OP
Cav427

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Search in the forced induction section...
Part of why I asked is it appears that spome of the posts are for issues people are having, or swapping pullies or tunes. People rarely post when they are happy about something!

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Part of why I asked is it appears that spome of the posts are for issues people are having, or swapping pullies or tunes. People rarely post when they are happy about something!
Lol. The forced induction route is a big rabbit hole. Never seen so many “not enough yet” people with 800-1000 whp cars. In todays world if your not making at least 1500-1800 whp and running low 8’s full weight your lame. Beware... lol.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Mustang GT with 19 inch wheels, 6 speed manual, 3.55 rear end, no Strut tower brace, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, option package 301A. Really love the car. However a buddy of mine has a Camaro RS/SS 6 speed that I had the opportunity to drive last weekend. He has the SLP/Eaton Supercharger and his car had of course more punch and everything seems to work like it came from the factory. His car is around 530 rwhp. This is the question, what supercharger, shifter and wheel size would provide more horsepower, and still work for me as my car is driven daily? I enjoy Track and Sport modes and the winter mode, would adding a supercharger eliminate them sincwe most require a new tune? Would 600 rwhp be possible without a sc and keep it streetable? Thank you in advance.
The car would absolutely need to be tuned running a forced induction set up. I can only speak for Procharger because that's what I run. I bought the car brand new, got a NA tune after the first week of driving, Procharged the car at 10,000 miles and I am at 22,000 miles now with zero issues and it's my daily. I make a little over 630whp and 520lbs and it is great power for a daily street car. The car drives better than it did off the showroom floor. Getting to 600 N/A is most likely not happening. The most I have seen is around 500whp and that is with the works, including E85... As far as tires go, a lot of people like the Nitto's and MT street radials. I did not want a radial in the back for a daily so I just threw some fat 325's on the rear and they hook pretty well when warmed up. Hope this helps some...

OP
OP
Cav427

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I like the idea of the Procharger, costs less and I could install it (I have done some intermediate mechanical work, even have helicoiled a chevy rocker arm stud). The Roush 2650 is nice since it appears I could retain some of my warranty potentially, but the cost skyrockets over the Procharger. Overall I am glad that I posted, it is good to hear from people who have had few to no issues with supercharging. Have three choices, Procharger, Whipple and Roush...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Cant beat a centri like paxton or procharger. From a price point. Point of view. Low 600s to the wheels for less than 6 grand. Beefcake is probably running a sweet labor day sale this week.

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
Cant beat a centri like paxton or procharger. From a price point. Point of view. Low 600s to the wheels for less than 6 grand. Beefcake is probably running a sweet labor day sale this week.

+1

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have read that the centri style superchargers lack the low end boost you get from the others. True?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, very true. On my '05 Mustang I've had both a Procharger and a Whipple. The Whipple is still on the stroker motor. With the Procharger you didn't notice any boost until getting into the mid rpm's. Both of my blower setups were dyno tuned by JPC Racing for optimal AFR and power. With the Procharger I got about 18mpg and the power was great in the mid and upper rpm range. Very streetable, blower was a bit noisy, everyone could hear it.

I switched to a Whipple along with stage 2 camshafts and springs. With the Whipple twin screw you get instant stump pulling torque right off idle. It's very instant and dramatic compared to stock. Mid power is super strong and upper rpm's are too, not quite a intense as the Procharger, but I believe that's because the Procharger has nothing down low off idle...absolutely nothing so the mid and upper power is what stands out. The stage 2 camshafts make the upper rpm's very intense, so there's no weak spot from idle to redline. I get maybe 12-13 mpg with the Whipple and there's no getting around that. The Whipple is very quiet unless you mash the gas where you will hear the compressor whine quite nicely.

Overall I would say I prefer the Whipple for sure because of the low rpm torque which is very strong, very similar to a big block, but with strong power even way up near 7000 rpm's, probably improved up high by the stage 2 camshafts. In reality I really don't get a whole lot of chances to rev the engine that high because it just isn't practical to drive like a maniac. With 600 to the wheels hitting the upper rpm's is very serious business, so I just don't get the opportunity or have the urge that often for obvious reasons. It was the same with the Procharger...very serious in the mid and upper rpm range requiring skill and attention.

I think that since most driving is done in lower rpm range like between 1700-3000 rpm range that's the reason I prefer the Whipple. In other words, I get to feel the blower pretty much all the time. The downside is gas mileage, which I do not care about. Both blowers were installed by me, I'm a lifelong mechanic and anyone with backyard skills can easily do the install because the install manuals are quite involved, but fairly easy to follow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cav427

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Following Up: Checked with a local dealership and they will upgrade my car with a Roush 2650 s/c. I could do a ProCharger, but voiding any warranty does not seem like a good idea with my car being a daily driver. Too bad I don't have a three car garage, could have a lot more fun.
Sponsored