Sponsored

Yet another Ported Cobra Jet install completed...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
This is nice to know you have what I'm planning to do... I have a very curious question(s) 1). How does it feel after installing? 2). Any noticeable rev changes? 3). I have a theory that using that CF Drive Shaft will actually reduce the loss of power from crank to tires, by chance did you do a dyno afterwards to see if it freed up an ponies?
When I installed mine it was noticeable. Quicker revs, definitely less parasitic loss of hp to the wheels. The before / after dyno comparison isn't a fair one since it was also comparing e54 to e90 that was the primary want of the pull.
Sponsored

HeavyHittersMaryland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Oh ok the auto trans must be different, my crossmember is only two bolts. They were long enough for 1/4 inch but I remember thinking if I had to put a 1/2 stack of washers on them we might be running low on the amount of threads going in there. Honestly without me being an expert on pinion angles I’m ready to just put the stock brackets in and drop that hefty 1600 for the cowl hood lol. Maybe, maybe not. I just don’t want to prematurely wear anything out or damage something. Bmr told me I didn’t need to do anything and the brackets would make the manifold clear the hood which wasn’t true either, I still had to cut the hood. I was under the impression that this was a simple install. Wish everyone was more clear and not all about making a sale! Lol

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok the auto trans must be different, my crossmember is only two bolts. They were long enough for 1/4 inch but I remember thinking if I had to put a 1/2 stack of washers on them we might be running low on the amount of threads going in there. Honestly without me being an expert on pinion angles I’m ready to just put the stock brackets in and drop that hefty 1600 for the cowl hood lol. Maybe, maybe not. I just don’t want to prematurely wear anything out or damage something. Bmr told me I didn’t need to do anything and the brackets would make the manifold clear the hood which wasn’t true either, I still had to cut the hood. I was under the impression that this was a simple install. Wish everyone was more clear and not all about making a sale! Lol
If you cut your hood, it may clear with the engine raised back up to stock height. I would just use the spacers BMR sent with their brackets to raise it back up versus putting the stockers back in.

I have not cut my hood with the BMR brackets. I do see signs of rubbing at the very center but it’s not hurting anything. I can’t bring myself to cut my hood. Ha! But I might if it will allow stock engine height again under the stock hood.

HeavyHittersMaryland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I don’t think it will fit, but if I do goto stock height and it fits I’ll let you know! I didn’t want the manifold touching the hood since the motor raises up when you hit the gas. If you do decide to cut it hit me up for a video for some pointers, learn from my mistakes so you can do it perfect. Mine looks good but I put a small dent in the hood from prying the piece out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What cai are you using?
I’m using the Steeda Closed Box but I have also fitted my old 18+ JLT and have a separate tune for that one also. Saving the JLT for when the weather is colder this fall.

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think it will fit, but if I do goto stock height and it fits I’ll let you know! I didn’t want the manifold touching the hood since the motor raises up when you hit the gas. If you do decide to cut it hit me up for a video for some pointers, learn from my mistakes so you can do it perfect. Mine looks good but I put a small dent in the hood from prying the piece out.
I put in 1/2” worth of spacers to lower the transmission this morning and went for a ride and it drives fine and the on/off throttle banging seems to have went away. I have longer bolts that came with my BMR driveshaft loop.

You know what you could do is leave the 1/4” of spacers you already did and then use the BMR spacers to raise engine a 1/4” and netting the same thing as my 1/2” drop?

HeavyHittersMaryland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I put in 1/2” worth of spacers to lower the transmission this morning and went for a ride and it drives fine and the on/off throttle banging seems to have went away. I have longer bolts that came with my BMR driveshaft loop.

You know what you could do is leave the 1/4” of spacers you already did and then use the BMR spacers to raise engine a 1/4” and netting the same thing as my 1/2” drop?
Nice, did it go away completely? My buddy says we are wearing out the center support driveshaft bearing So I was wondering if and when we get the pinion angle correct did we already put a small amount of slop in that bearing. Yea I could try that I just don’t know how close my hood is lol.

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok have you had any issues with either? Any codes?
No issues really. WOT on both rip shit up! I do have a low speed partial throttle issue that is present on both CAIs but it has slowly been getting tuned out. No codes or check engine lights.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, did it go away completely? My buddy says we are wearing out the center support driveshaft bearing So I was wondering if and when we get the pinion angle correct did we already put a small amount of slop in that bearing. Yea I could try that I just don’t know how close my hood is lol.
Do you still have the stock driveshaft or a 1-piece? I have a QA1 carbon so some issues are just an inherent part of 1-piece driveshaft life. I definitely not hearing any banging anymore so I think it worked out good.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I wanna see some before and after dyno sheets and see if the price tag of 2k plus is justified