Wrong Color Rims From Dealer

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Guess I'll put my flame suit on. I like the nickel finish better than the black. I think a close knit multispoke wheel like that looks better in a lighter colour. That shiny black finish doesn't really suit a Mustang, imo. Spokes with wider separations and a matte finish would look way better - like the non track pack GT500 wheels the last few years or the current GT350.

I'd keep them and just upgrade to an aftermarket wheel when you're ready.
100% agree with you. The black PP wheels just don't do it for me. You lose a lot of the detail of the rim of itself with the black design. Black color on rims look much better with less intricate designs. Just my opinion.

The silver PP rims look nice. They're almost too bright though, but they look like a rim that deserves to be on a luxury car. I know the nickel pp rims look especially fantastic on DIB.
Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
They're almost too bright though, but they look like a rim that deserves to be on a luxury car.
.........hence why they dont belong on a mustang, and look like they belong on a Chrysler 300. IMO They are wayyyyy too bright for black, does not look sporty

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
People sell their black PP wheels all the time on here. You can get a second hand set pretty cheap here on the forums. Personally I wouldn't sweat it, they look awesome. You may want aftermarket wheels down the road anyway.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I like the ones you ended up with not to mention the aftermarket selection which is far better looking than the PP wheels.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have the American Muscle black PP wheels in 20in. They are great!

What you do tho, is plasti-dip them with matte black then run the gloss plasti-dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b440bd5834a67426dbfd0c55afb4beb8.jpg

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Wow, I actually love the nickel luster finish on those wheels. I think it looks fantastic on your black car.

If they don't grow on you, another option is selling those and going with an aftermarket wheel that doesn't weigh as much as a ship :)

OP
OP
Jdrid

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
wipe the fingerprints off the door >.<
I saw that the second I posted the picture... :doh:

.........hence why they dont belong on a mustang, and look like they belong on a Chrysler 300. IMO They are wayyyyy too bright for black, does not look sporty
That was my thinking exactly. But I do think I'm going to go with the advice of looking for aftermarket wheels like a couple of you guys have mentioned. I've been looking around and come across a couple of different wheels I like a lot more than the PP wheels.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
wish the PP wheels came in a hyper black finish, not gloss black (its so so, matte is better) or the luster silver (outdated). Hyperblack is a lot more modern looking

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What you do tho, is plasti-dip them with matte black then run the gloss plasti-dip.
^This.^

OMG, OP, you just made the luckiest score! The nickel wheels are so much better, for all the reasons already stated.

1. Plasti-dip them as above. This also protects the nickel finish against the corrosive brake dust. Peel it off when you want to go back to silver.
  2. Mask off just the face of the spokes, and then plasti-dip them as above. That's a new style now. (This will also make them look lighter and less "busy".)
  3. Sell them to offset the price of new wheels. The silver are much more rare right now, so you might actually get what they are truly worth for once.

Keep them, but don't let the dealer up charge you the extra $200.
And congratulations on this lucky mixup!

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
I saw that the second I posted the picture... :doh:

That was my thinking exactly. But I do think I'm going to go with the advice of looking for aftermarket wheels like a couple of you guys have mentioned. I've been looking around and come across a couple of different wheels I like a lot more than the PP wheels.
I Think this is your best move, you can sell those factory wheels for a pretty penny im sure. They would look good on a Ingot Silver car

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I thought those specific wheels were unique to 2016's, or is that just the luster nickel that is unique to 2016's?
It is a no cost option with the Performance Package to get the luster nickel, gloss black is standard.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I love the nickle WAY more than the black.
Sponsored