Wrong Color Rims From Dealer

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
So I finally got my 2016 Mustang GT after a huge ordeal with getting it delivered from another dealership out of state. Everything is perfect about it, except the rims. It was supposed to come with the black PP rims, but instead arrived with the nickel luster PP rims. I realize I'm probably making a big deal out of something small, but I really had my heart set on black rims. What should I do? Is there a chance someone would buy the nickel luster rims off my car and I can somehow get a set of the black PP rims? Should I just go get them painted? Or just live with it?

Also, finally decided to make an account and post after many months of lurking around the boards here.
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
So I finally got my 2016 Mustang GT after a huge ordeal with getting it delivered from another dealership out of state. Everything is perfect about it, except the rims. It was supposed to come with the black PP rims, but instead arrived with the nickel luster PP rims. I realize I'm probably making a big deal out of something small, but I really had my heart set on black rims. What should I do? Is there a chance someone would buy the nickel luster rims off my car and I can somehow get a set of the black PP rims? Should I just go get them painted? Or just live with it?

Also, finally decided to make an account and post after many months of lurking around the boards here.
Awh bummer bud! Good news is wheels are an easy swap, post some pictures of the car! I know if I could have I would have ordered the Nickel wheels, but seeing as how I have a 15 that would have been rather difficult. :D

Few options
1.) Have the dealership get the wheels painted (every dealership has a 'paint guy' they use for touch ups, etc)
2.) Trade your wheels/tires for black wheels/tires + cash
3.) Have the dealership pay for the right wheels.

Up to you :cheers:

OP
OP
Jdrid

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
I might just try to see if they grow on me for the next week or so. I think I saw American Muscle sold some that were identical except for their logo instead of the mustang in the center and they weren't too bad, so I have that route as well.

I know! I need to take some pictures of it, I had to run back to work after picking it up so I only had time to take this quick one.
20151012_140359.jpg

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Does the dealer not have a car with the black ones to swap?

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Oh man the car looks fantastic! I'd keep those wheels on her.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdrid

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
I don't believe so Zodiac, they had only like 1 or 2 2016's on the lot as it was, which is why they had to go hunt down a 2016 from Tennessee for me.

Thanks! I might leave it as is for now until I finish some of the other projects I want to start on it.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Black wheels

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
I would never keep those on there. I would not have accepted the car if it was not what I was expecting, unless there was already a full discussion with the dealer about the scenario and an acceptable outcome presented by them, the day I went to pick it up and noticed it was not what I wanted.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I don't believe so Zodiac, they had only like 1 or 2 2016's on the lot as it was, which is why they had to go hunt down a 2016 from Tennessee for me.

Thanks! I might leave it as is for now until I finish some of the other projects I want to start on it.
They could take the black wheels from a '15....

OP
OP
Jdrid

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
I thought those specific wheels were unique to 2016's, or is that just the luster nickel that is unique to 2016's?

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
that color is an option for 2016s, wasnt offered on 2015s

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I thought those specific wheels were unique to 2016's, or is that just the luster nickel that is unique to 2016's?
Just the luster nickel, see if they will swap from a 2015 on the lot.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Guess I'll put my flame suit on. I like the nickel finish better than the black. I think a close knit multispoke wheel like that looks better in a lighter colour. That shiny black finish doesn't really suit a Mustang, imo. Spokes with wider separations and a matte finish would look way better - like the non track pack GT500 wheels the last few years or the current GT350.

I'd keep them and just upgrade to an aftermarket wheel when you're ready.
Sponsored