Sponsored

Wow! Highest Asking Price I’ve seen yet. This must be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
You forgot the most annoying part...... they hang around here and post/argue about it.

You don't ever see me hanging around the general or Mach 1 section. Yet, they come here and tell us how stupid we are.
I do agree with you on that. Their are some members who seem to always start arguments or say things knowing what they say will start arguments. I was thinking they are just trollers or people who have no life. Everyone has the right to do what ever they want with their cars or money. Enjoy

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I find this thread to be more about the way some talk themselves into spending way too much for a Mustang. The rationalizations are interesting. I get there is a remote possibility these "special" Mustangs will hold their high value. The reality likely will be very different. An example will follow later.
The bottom line seems to be if you want it bad enough it is OK to spend more to get it. Life is too short or go for the gusto come to mind. A caveat here. If the buyer has buckets of money this makes a sort of sense. If I ever win the lottery, I may go for some gusto myself.
I take exception on one part of the overspending. That so many seem willing to overpay currently means I am priced out of some of these cars. I have the cash for $30,000 K over MSRP but just will not go there. I will wait this market out for a while longer.

Had a friend who bought a 2003 Pontiac Trans-AM. He basically put it up in storage. Rarely drove it. This was early in the resurgence of good power in GM models. Thing is it the immediately following years the HP and other improvements eclipsed that car a lot. The only thing it retained is the styling. He may still love the car but it is not investment quality. Too many newer models with nearly twice the HP.

The example. I watch programs on motor trend TV. One series is set in England but i forget the title just now. The premise of the show is they buy and flip cars. The mechanic on the show is a former F1 mechanic. In a recent episode the buyer of the show got a used AMG(??)Mercedees for 9,500 pounds. It had a big V8 engine and trick suspension plus lots of other go fast goodies. In it's day it was a top dog selling for a lot of cash. Not sure but think it was way over 100,000 when new. Maybe a lot more.
Here is the point. That car was a top dollar luxury hot rod of it's day. Now it sold for a fraction of the original cost. Maybe the Mustang will fare better. Maybe not.

Another thought. Could I buy a less special GT and build it up to be similar to the special Mustangs for less than the over the top asking prices???

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Time to close this thread before it gets any worse if that’s possible.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hello; I find this thread to be more about the way some talk themselves into spending way too much for a Mustang. The rationalizations are interesting. I get there is a remote possibility these "special" Mustangs will hold their high value. The reality likely will be very different. An example will follow later.
The bottom line seems to be if you want it bad enough it is OK to spend more to get it. Life is too short or go for the gusto come to mind. A caveat here. If the buyer has buckets of money this makes a sort of sense. If I ever win the lottery, I may go for some gusto myself.
I take exception on one part of the overspending. That so many seem willing to overpay currently means I am priced out of some of these cars. I have the cash for $30,000 K over MSRP but just will not go there. I will wait this market out for a while longer.

Had a friend who bought a 2003 Pontiac Trans-AM. He basically put it up in storage. Rarely drove it. This was early in the resurgence of good power in GM models. Thing is it the immediately following years the HP and other improvements eclipsed that car a lot. The only thing it retained is the styling. He may still love the car but it is not investment quality. Too many newer models with nearly twice the HP.

The example. I watch programs on motor trend TV. One series is set in England but i forget the title just now. The premise of the show is they buy and flip cars. The mechanic on the show is a former F1 mechanic. In a recent episode the buyer of the show got a used AMG(??)Mercedees for 9,500 pounds. It had a big V8 engine and trick suspension plus lots of other go fast goodies. In it's day it was a top dog selling for a lot of cash. Not sure but think it was way over 100,000 when new. Maybe a lot more.
Here is the point. That car was a top dollar luxury hot rod of it's day. Now it sold for a fraction of the original cost. Maybe the Mustang will fare better. Maybe not.

Another thought. Could I buy a less special GT and build it up to be similar to the special Mustangs for less than the over the top asking prices???
Your analogies are not comparable. These cars are already going for used beyond new prices. I don't know why I'm bothering with you on this, but all you seem to know is what you think and watch on TV.

I agree with rp930, this thread subject matter is poison. It has been beat to death many times over and always ends the same...... The people who can't afford the car whine about the ADMs vs the people who paid the price to enjoy their little precious time on earth.

Me? I feel fortunate to have 3 examples of what are probably going to be the apex last of their kind that already exceed what I paid for them now. 2 of which are already recognized as one of the finest driver's car that Ford ever produced. The other one is quite rare, and the enjoyment factor is way beyond the price of admission.

So, enjoy your TV shows and thanks for stopping by and imparting upon us your wisdom and great experience buying and enjoying these vehicles.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I didn't pay anything over msrp so... yeah. Great point?!?!? lol.
And you are driving a parts bin GT350 wanna be Mach 1. Thats fine if you cant afford it or dont want to pay the $$, but you coming in here and telling everyone they are stupid for spending their money the way they want is just wrong.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Your analogies are not comparable. These cars are already going for used beyond new prices. I don't know why I'm bothering with you on this, but all you seem to know is what you think and watch on TV.
Hello; Way to throw in a personal insult and also give misinformation. The high used vehicle and new vehicle prices can be traced back to the ill conceived covid lockdowns. We are seeing the aftermath.
That you are flush with cash and can spend freely is a god for you thing. If turning Ford Mustangs into $150,000 + buys suits then do enjoy.
You do not have to reply, you know.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
ummm, yeah. if the shoe fits. lol.
You are a troll. Why else would you be here doing what you are doing. I'm going to see about this.

Sponsored

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
And you are driving a parts bin GT350 wanna be Mach 1. Thats fine if you cant afford it or dont want to pay the $$, but you coming in here and telling everyone they are stupid for spending their money the way they want is just wrong.
Ok tom tom. Go right ahead and pay ADM. LOL That will show me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Way to throw in a personal insult and also give misinformation. The high used vehicle and new vehicle prices can be traced back to the ill conceived covid lockdowns. We are seeing the aftermath.
That you are flush with cash and can spend freely is a god for you thing. If turning Ford Mustangs into $150,000 + buys suits then do enjoy.
The part you don't get is that your model doesn't fit here. My cars have all appreciated and are worth more now then when I bought them.

Likewise, you don't have to reply either.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Enjoy your Sentra. SE

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Hello; How can that work? Say I pay cash for a car. It is all mine at that point. Only way I can see this working is we have to put down a refundable deposit which we get back only after a year of ownership. I guess they could ban paying customers from buying in the future.
I do know that this is a thing with the Ford GT's. If you resell it Ford will go after you. John Cena said he did not know about this and sold his something like within a year of owning it and they took him to court. I don't recall what was settled on but I do believe he did pay something out back to Ford.

I'm not against this because it's a dumb practice and I honestly don't care how others look at it. It's the same thing happening with video game consoles and people having the means to purchase them just to resell them to people who WANT the item/product. Nobody should have to pay more than what it retails for whether it be a vehicle, tv, console, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.