Would the gains be worth it?

Eric5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi guys. I had big plans for my 2015 GT. Put money into a tremec magnum xl, 1,000hp mcleod clutch. Then I spun a bearing in October. Got a new block. I'm thinking about going from an 80mm pulley to a 69mm pulley and updating the tune. I haven't been on a dyno yet so i don't know where I'm at. Just trying to get an idea of what pulleying down on my setup below would do to see if it would be worth it. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input.

Roush 2300 TVS supercharger

Lethal Performance Level 1 Return Style Fuel System w/ 2 Walbro 465lph fuel pumps

DeatschWerks EV14 DV2 Fuel Injectors; 95 lb.
Griptec 80mm pulley

Palm Beach Dyno E85 tune

JLT CAI, MAF 125mm.

Kooks long tube headers

Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust

Gen 3 coyote block 12:1 compression with gen 2 heads and cams.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Like Jackson mentioned. Swap the pulley and log some WOT pulls. Watch your STFT's and lambda and spark.

80 down to a 69mm is going to be about 4-5psi on a 2300. It's going to surprise you. Be aware.

OP
OP

Eric5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Like Jackson mentioned. Swap the pulley and log some WOT pulls. Watch your STFT's and lambda and spark.

80 down to a 69mm is going to be about 4-5psi on a 2300. It's going to surprise you. Be aware.
Thank you both.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Hi guys. I had big plans for my 2015 GT. Put money into a tremec magnum xl, 1,000hp mcleod clutch. Then I spun a bearing in October. Got a new block. I'm thinking about going from an 80mm pulley to a 69mm pulley and updating the tune. I haven't been on a dyno yet so i don't know where I'm at. Just trying to get an idea of what pulleying down on my setup below would do to see if it would be worth it. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input.

Roush 2300 TVS supercharger

Lethal Performance Level 1 Return Style Fuel System w/ 2 Walbro 465lph fuel pumps

DeatschWerks EV14 DV2 Fuel Injectors; 95 lb.
Griptec 80mm pulley

Palm Beach Dyno E85 tune

JLT CAI, MAF 125mm.

Kooks long tube headers

Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust

Gen 3 coyote block 12:1 compression with gen 2 heads and cams.
Like others have stated, you should be good to go with that setup, especially with the E85, the gains will absolutely be worth it and you definitely should be able to feel it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eric5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With the JLT intake and kooks long tube headers there would be less boost pressure right? So that would help from a safety standpoint if im thinking about it correctly.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
With the JLT intake and kooks long tube headers there would be less boost pressure right? So that would help from a safety standpoint if im thinking about it correctly.
Not hardly measurable no. Intake wouldn’t change anything, LT’s maybe drop .25psi
Sponsored