Sponsored

WOT run in my V6 UPDATED with 0-60 run

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6

Nice I planned on running stock mufflers with Lt headers and offroad xpipe but if the factory mufflers are that restrictive I'm probably going to have to change them out even though I hate drone lol I had a ram 1500 with a hemi that had Lt headers and a straight pipe dumped over the axle and I told myself I would never do that again after having to drive it for 10 hours on a road trip haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
There is only drone because Zack went with resonators instead of performance mufflers. I have magnaflow performance mufflers and there is zero drone.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think I might have freed up some power in my 6 with my exhaust! :D:D
With OEM mufflers my best was 6.0. Now its 5.5! Now image what would happen if I remove the center resonator!
I'm not 100% sure you'll have more big gains by continually freeing up the exhaust. NA cars are hugely dependent on the tuning of their intake and exhaust systems. Runner lengths and sizes, along with resonator tuning can create positively reinforcing pressure pulses that drive more air in or allow the engine to push more air out. I'm frankly amazed that you gained 0.5 seconds from mufflers alone, and that you might have found a sweet spot for the 3.7L. 0.5 seconds over that run means average power increased by 25-30 HP :shocked:.

My assumptions:
No slip (otherwise the calcs get really difficult or you need a lot more data)
3800 lbs weight (driver, fuel)
Accelerations are averaged, i.e. the 5.5s run is an average of just under 0.5G
Basic kinematic equations with a no slip assumption gets 242 ft and 264 ft to 60 mph for the 5.5 and 6.0 second runs.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So I did two more runs tonight to see if last nights run was a fluke. I can confirm that my 6 now does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds!

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Zackmd1, what did the exhaust change cost ?
did your 1/4 mile performance also improve ?
Don't really have a 1/4 mile time to compare against unfortunately. The current system cost around $280 not including shipping costs. When finished with my drone fix it should be around $360.

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Hell, I had no idea the V6 had Sport mode until I shifted all the way back (thought base models only had Sport steering). Really seems to wake the car up a bit more and I'm enjoying the throttle response.

Can't wait to see how she responds to mods eventually.

I learn something new about my ride everyday :thumbsup:

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
Hell, I had no idea the V6 had Sport mode until I shifted all the way back (thought base models only had Sport steering). Really seems to wake the car up a bit more and I'm enjoying the throttle response.

Can't wait to see how she responds to mods eventually.

I learn something new about my ride everyday :thumbsup:

Huh I have a manual so how the hell do I get it in sport mode lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Wow way to drop the ball ford, because obviously the person buying the m/t is going to be more performance minded than the one with the a/t
Ahem - usually but not always!

I read about it in the manual but I literally did not put it together what the "S" was until I shifted (A/T) back to it. Does kind of suck that they don't include similar functionality for a manual but makes me feel better about the extra $ for the automatic haha.

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
Ahem - usually but not always!

I read about it in the manual but I literally did not put it together what the "S" was until I shifted (A/T) back to it. Does kind of suck that they don't include similar functionality for a manual but makes me feel better about the extra $ for the automatic haha.

Haha but you know what I'm saying...most people with a m/t buy it with performance in mind where there are the a/t performance enthusiast but there are also the large amounts of daddy's buying their Angels a new mustang because it looks pretty lmfao

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
The S "sport" mode on automatics only keeps the transmission in lower gears longer, higher rpm! Something you do yourself with manual transmission.
Throttle response seems quicker because you're already cruising at 2800 rpm instead of 1800 and there's no delay for a downshift when you press your gas pedal.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
The S "sport" mode on automatics only keeps the transmission in lower gears longer, higher rpm! Something you do yourself with manual transmission.
Throttle response seems quicker because you're already cruising at 2800 rpm instead of 1800 and there's no delay for a downshift when you press your gas pedal.
Agreed.
Sponsored