WOT run in my V6 UPDATED with 0-60 run

MarcinTRPLYLW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcin
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang / V6 / MT / 3.55 / Triple Yellow
I just order v6 with 3.55 manual also, can't wait!

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Manual 3:55, Renault SCCA racecar
I picked up this exact car, specs wise, last Thursday. I have had it about a week now and we have had snow cover and ice since I got it. I don't know what it will do, because I can't really get on it that much in these conditions.
TY, manual, V6 of course, 3:55 rear, spoiler delete, and with all the snow, floor mats!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How does the V6 feel with the 3.55 gears?

Sponsored

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
I really like it! I had a 2008 V6 that I drove for 160,000 miles, with no problems that required the dealer,(I put on my own brakes) and my new 2015 with the manual revs just about the same on the highway. 2,000 rpm at about 65 mph.
First gear seems a little low, like a creeper gear, but you need that in traffic. I wouldn't want it any lower for driving, but in a traffic jam it could be lower. Hopefully I won't spend much time in traffic jams!
I am just an old gear head, and I like the 3:55. Besides, the V6 is a short stroke engine that likes revs! The peak power is in the 4K-5K range.
I don't remember what rear gear was in my 2008 because it was just an off the lot car, so whatever came stock I would imagine.

MarcinTRPLYLW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcin
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang / V6 / MT / 3.55 / Triple Yellow
@Renaultfool

Yea I think our cars will be the same look/spec wise :D I ordered TY / v6 / MT / 3.55 / Spoiler Delete / 18'' Wheels. Could you post some pictures of your ride? Mine should arrive mid/late January...I hope. When I saw a TY at the dealer I didn't think twice about the color choice.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Renaultfool,
Have you managed to do a 0-60 run or two? I'd really like to see how it compares to a 3.15 car (in addition to being MT which has shorter 1st and 2nd gears). I've been trying to find a V6 manual to test drive but they're so hard to come by.

Renaultfool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Well, if it ever quits raining and snowing here in Ohio, I will. The day I picked it up it started to snow, and between that and rain there has been little dry time.

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
Has anyone else done their 0-60 runs? I'm curious for other people's times, I've done a 6.2 consistently which isn't bad since I've only been driving standard for about a week and it's 40 degrees outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Has anyone else done their 0-60 runs? I'm curious for other people's times, I've done a 6.2 consistently which isn't bad since I've only been driving standard for about a week and it's 40 degrees outside

I think I might have freed up some power in my 6 with my exhaust! :D:D
With OEM mufflers my best was 6.0. Now its 5.5! Now image what would happen if I remove the center resonator!
IMG_0548.jpg

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
I think I might have freed up some power in my 6 with my exhaust! :D:D

With OEM mufflers my best was 6.0. Now its 5.5! Now image what would happen if I remove the center resonator!

That's pretty crazy I have the same 0-30 which means my launch is good but my 1-2 shift needs some work but idk how the hell you can drop .5 sec with just a muffler, did you tune at all?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty crazy I have the same 0-30 which means my launch is good but my 1-2 shift needs some work but idk how the hell you can drop .5 sec with just a muffler, did you tune at all?

I have not done anything to my car except the exhaust! No tune, same 87 octane gas, same average temp outside. Nothing has changed except my exhaust! What's even more crazy is that before when I did my 0-60 on OEM mufflers it would chirp the tires on launch with traction control off. Now, tonight when I did my updated run this car fully excitued a burnout with some sideways action before straightening out and chirping into second gear. It is absolutely crazy the apparent gain in power from just a muffler change.

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
I have not done anything to my car except the exhaust! No tune, same 87 octane gas, same average temp outside. Nothing has changed except my exhaust! What's even more crazy is that before when I did my 0-60 on OEM mufflers it would chirp the tires on launch with traction control off. Now, tonight when I did my updated run this car fully excitued a burnout with some sideways action before straightening out and chirping into second gear. It is absolutely crazy the apparent gain in power from just a muffler change.

What kind of mufflers are you running?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)