Dynomax Race Bullets: COMPLETED

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

For the sake of not creating another new thread I am updating this one with my new exhaust. The details of my exhaust are below. There was a sizable amount of drone at 2k which I have since solved without effecting back pressure or changing mufflers. I created a resonator tube between the muffler and the exhaust tip that tuned to the right length created a sound wave to cancel out my 2k drone. It's called a 1/4 wave resonator tube or a Helmholtz resonator. Using a few equations from physics II and some assumptions on the speed of sound at operating temp I determined the length of tubing needed for each muffler. As you can see in the pictures below I managed to fit 33" of tubing within the stock muffler location. A bill of materials is attached below as well. Completed my system cost $355.98.

Videos!

Please listen with headphones!

Exterior:

[ame]

Interior:

[ame]
IMG_0545.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0610.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Its been too quiet here in the v6 section....

Ok so I might have a video up by the end of this week. Over thanksgiving break I am going to be doing an "experiment" if you will. I bought some band clamps and will be separating my OEM mufflers from the rest of the exhaust system like the s197's. This should allow me to keep my OEM mufflers as a option as I experiment with different exhaust setups. I will be sure to get a video of the car in its muffler delete state! Depending on how it sounds I might drive it around to see how the drone is at various speeds.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Do it ... lol

Looking forward to the outcome of your thanksgiving experiment.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The clamps have arrived! lol Would have done it today except for the fact that it is a cold rainy/snowy day here in Maryland.... Either Friday or Saturday I should have the video.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Updated with exhaust video

V6_Mustang_2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang v6 3.55 diff
Nothing against that set up but ill pass hacking my exhaust for a sound that sounds well terrible.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Nothing against that set up but ill pass hacking my exhaust for a sound that sounds well terrible.
Well the system is not finished yet. Things were tack welded in that video and I still don't have hangers. So I have vibrations coming off of the stands and exhaust leaks in the joints in this video. This was a early test that I wanted to post. In person this thing has a very deep tone to it that I like. The camera did its best to pick that up but it didn't get everything. Thats why I ask everyone to listen with headphones so they can here as close to what it sounds like to me.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
There is a video of a '15 sixxer with a roush axel back somewhere on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the video you are talking about. I don't know about the Roush. Unless it sounds like it did on the '14s, I need more videos unlike this one to get an idea of what it actually sounds like.

[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
This is the video you are talking about. I don't know about the Roush. Unless it sounds like it did on the '14s, I need more videos unlike this one to get an idea of what it actually sounds like.

I don't like how the roush exhaust sounds at high rpm. Haven't really been able to test mine out completely but it has a much deeper tone at all rpm levels which I like.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I don't like how the roush exhaust sounds at high rpm. Haven't really been able to test mine out completely but it has a much deeper tone at all rpm levels which I like.
I'd love a deeper sounding exhaust in general. The Roush sounds nice at idle, but the higher rpms is just, not good.

Why must they tease us like that..:paddle:

Redass Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 V6
I'd love a deeper sounding exhaust in general. The Roush sounds nice at idle, but the higher rpms is just, not good.

Why must they tease us like that..:paddle:

From all the 11-14 v6 vids I've watched the roush really shined when paired with lt headers and offroad xpipe. I'm waiting for headers and mid pipe before I go with an axel back because a few of them sounded really good with lt headers and stock mufflers and again it's really hard to judge sound when coming through little speakers lol but I'm looking to get that deeper more throaty tone without being too loud and droning a lot I used to have a ram 1500 with american racing headers straight piped back talk about drone haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sj90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Mustang
It's really a personal taste thing I guess. To me the Roush's, especially with off-road pipes, just sounds like a swarm of angry bees.

My favorites for the 2011-2014 V6's were the FRPP's and Corsa Sports. The FRPP's are a bit deeper but the Corsa's at full song are not like any other system I've heard.

This video shows the Corsa's pretty well. Mine seem the have a bit more "punch" to them, but it's close.

[ame]

Hopefully both systems get released for the 2015's. The more choices the better.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Zack when you get a chance to finish up the install and get some driving videos, I'm waiting! Sounds pretty darn good. I'd love an axle-back like the Corsa posted above, though.
Sponsored