Wonky glovebox

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
That's quite a gap Kylie, shame it's not just a hinge adjustment but I would trust the dealer to fix it properly and it's covered by their warranty.
Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Thats quite a gap indeed, has me stumped how the whole dash needs to come out though to fix the problem. But atleast if it does then its covered under warranty along with any other issues that occur as a result of the work needed. Good luck with it Kylie

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
Oh dear Kylie. That's not good. Was it like that at delivery and it slipped your attention, or did it happen later? Looks like another thing to add to the list to watch out for ...

I hope it works out for you!
It's was like that at delivery but it's not as obvious from different angles. Was assuming they could just adjust it but apparently not :shrug: Thanks!

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=23263]missb[/MENTION] you have a simple choice, live with it, or get them to fix it.

If they fix it and it causes lots of new noises, they will have to fix that too.

The mustang doesn't rattle during a normal daily commute but at 110+ km/h on country roads it does, and so does just about every other car this side of $100K.

All the best!
You are correct, just wish I was finding it a simpler decision! It currently has no rattles, hopefully it stays that way. Thanks!

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
That's quite a gap Kylie, shame it's not just a hinge adjustment but I would trust the dealer to fix it properly and it's covered by their warranty.
I was thinking it would just be an adjustment but apparently not :shrug:

Sponsored

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Latest update, apparently they now say they just have to remove the chrome bit above & on the side...BUT...the part they received is for a left hand drive! so now have to wait for the correct part to come.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Latest update, apparently they now say they just have to remove the chrome bit above & on the side...BUT...the part they received is for a left hand drive! so now have to wait for the correct part to come.
Well at least that must make you feel a little more confident about the fix.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Got my car yesterday and have noticed that mine isn't completely inline either. Not quite as bad as yours and I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen your post, but now I can't un-see it. Are any of them perfectly aligned? Worth asking the dealer to fix it up? The OCD in me wants that line in the button to match the line in the glovebox and the same gap across the top.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guys must have been relatively sober.
Ok so they can be flush. I'll be ringing the dealer and asking if it's possible to align it a bit better. Not a big deal but I will keep seeing it forever now.

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Mine is perfect as well...a quick look at it didn't reveal many ways to adjust it either.

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Got my car yesterday and have noticed that mine isn't completely inline either. Not quite as bad as yours and I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen your post, but now I can't un-see it. Are any of them perfectly aligned? Worth asking the dealer to fix it up? The OCD in me wants that line in the button to match the line in the glovebox and the same gap across the top.

Oh no that looks so familiar! The mustang they lent me while mine was having its 3 month check had a perfectly aligned glove box so it definitely should be. The dealer told me that my new glove box wouldn't be here until the end of July & there is apparently a lot of the left hand drive versions being sent back to USA..!

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Ok so they can be flush. I'll be ringing the dealer and asking if it's possible to align it a bit better. Not a big deal but I will keep seeing it forever now.
Their solution to aligning mine was to replace the whole thing. Hope you have success :)

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will give the dealer a call on Monday and see how I go! So far it's the only fault vie found with the car. Fingers crossed it stays that way! If this is the biggest thing I find I'll be happy.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Mine is fine as well, even after the dealer was opening and closing it during the first service last week.
Sponsored