Jon 5.0 2015GT

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
There was a way with the older models but these newer ones have 2 switches now. 1 at the top of the clutch pedal and 1 behind it. I use to be able to do it the older fox body stands but I tried with this one and didn’t work. Thanks anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jon 5.0 2015GT

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ok, went out to the car today pulled up on the clutch pedal also pulled up on the brake pedal and still No start when pressing clutch pedal. I got it to start only by pressing the clutch and pressing very hard on the brake pedal but not right away took a few tries and a few hard pumps on the brake pedal. Don’t understand how the brake pedal is associated with the clutch pedal or the NSS’s. Read somewhere on Reddit that someone had the same situation and said after changing the starter he was fine. Said there was a bad or cut wire on the starter that gets the signal from the push start button or gets a bad signal from the NSS’s. (Neutral Safety Switches). So if the switches don’t fix the problem then I guess I have to look into changing the starter. Still can’t understand it though. I haven’t been near the starter for any kind of work to pull any wires or anything.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I haven’t been near the starter for any kind of work to pull any wires or anything.
Mice or other rodent may have chewed a wire.

You should see all the CRAP under my intake manifold! Same crap under the engine cover on my 2020 Ridgeline pick-up.

OP
OP
Jon 5.0 2015GT

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Negative, nothing like that she was driven to a shop for window tint 10 miles away. Started up no problem. After I pulled into their garage area that was it. Car starts when you press really hard on the brake pedal and clutch together but have to do it a few times on/off the pedals and keep pressing the start button. I think it’s the way ford made it so if your neutral safety switch or switches go bad that it’s a way to get the car started. Could be wrong but definitely no mice or anything like that chewed up anything. Not where I live or where it’s parked in my house.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Why don't you start by troubleshooting continuity from clutch safety switch using the wiring diagram? That is the only way to troubleshoot this type of weird electrical issues (Sounds like a short to me somewhere in the wiring). There must be some sort of arching between the clutch switch and the brake pedal switch OR you slamming on the brake pedal its causing the switch to work or completing the connection around the clutch. Good luck.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Ok, went out to the car today pulled up on the clutch pedal also pulled up on the brake pedal and still No start when pressing clutch pedal. I got it to start only by pressing the clutch and pressing very hard on the brake pedal but not right away took a few tries and a few hard pumps on the brake pedal. Don’t understand how the brake pedal is associated with the clutch pedal or the NSS’s. Read somewhere on Reddit that someone had the same situation and said after changing the starter he was fine. Said there was a bad or cut wire on the starter that gets the signal from the push start button or gets a bad signal from the NSS’s. (Neutral Safety Switches). So if the switches don’t fix the problem then I guess I have to look into changing the starter. Still can’t understand it though. I haven’t been near the starter for any kind of work to pull any wires or anything.
The brake and clutch pedal are likely associated with each other for cruise control operation

OP
OP
Jon 5.0 2015GT

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Why don't you start by troubleshooting continuity from clutch safety switch using the wiring diagram? That is the only way to troubleshoot this type of weird electrical issues (Sounds like a short to me somewhere in the wiring). There must be some sort of arching between the clutch switch and the brake pedal switch OR you slamming on the brake pedal its causing the switch to work or completing the connection around the clutch. Good luck.
Yeah I’m think the same thing. By hitting the brake pedal is doing something inside the switch to make it work. Kind of like a hammer to a starter. Don’t have a meter. I want to check the starter also. Maybe the bolts came loose and not grounding to the motor good. Had that happen on my fox body 1 time.

RubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT 6MT, Ruby Red with Ceramic Interior
OP
I believe your clutch pedal is missing a pad that makes contact with the plunge switch. If the pad has deteriorated (which happened to me) there is a hole where the pad stem attached to the clutch pedal arm. So when you press clutch to start the switch plunge passes through the hole instead of pushing it forward. The pedal pad is made of the same material as the one for the brake and there is a service bulletin on that. It deteriorates due to heat. The brake light stays on because the pad is not engaging the brake switch.

OP
OP
Jon 5.0 2015GT

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP
I believe your clutch pedal is missing a pad that makes contact with the plunge switch. If the pad has deteriorated (which happened to me) there is a hole where the pad stem attached to the clutch pedal arm. So when you press clutch to start the switch plunge passes through the hole instead of pushing it forward. The pedal pad is made of the same material as the one for the brake and there is a service bulletin on that. It deteriorates due to heat. The brake light stays on because the pad is not engaging the brake switch.
All pads are there and in good condition. Already checked them.

Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Go to Motorcraft.com and get a 24 hour subscription to the service manuals and wiring diagram. You need to test to see if you have a wiring problem. Go to Lowes, HD, or Harbor Freight and get a meter, a cheap one will do the trick, you don't need a Fluke. The wires that run from the switches have the potential to travel through multiple connectors and could have multiple grounds. Once you find all of the grounds and ensure they are in good shape, start continuity checks. You need to check each of the connectors to make sure the pins are making contact etc. A good visual inspection of the entire circuit maybe difficult, but that's what needs to be done.

OP
OP
Jon 5.0 2015GT

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Go to Motorcraft.com and get a 24 hour subscription to the service manuals and wiring diagram. You need to test to see if you have a wiring problem. Go to Lowes, HD, or Harbor Freight and get a meter, a cheap one will do the trick, you don't need a Fluke. The wires that run from the switches have the potential to travel through multiple connectors and could have multiple grounds. Once you find all of the grounds and ensure they are in good shape, start continuity checks. You need to check each of the connectors to make sure the pins are making contact etc. A good visual inspection of the entire circuit maybe difficult, but that's what needs to be done.
Thanks Bruce, that will be the last resort if the switches I change for the clutch NSS’s don’t fix the issue. Both of them were only about 45$ by Motorcraft. I find it hard to believe that I have a wiring issue or short for that matter. Car is garaged most of the time in a rodent & pest free environment. After that I will check the starter to make sure the wiring is good and that it’s not loose from the bolts backing themselves out from vibrations. Had that happen on my fox body 1 time. I tightened it up and she fired right up. The instrument panel says for me to press the clutch to start even though I have my foot down on it already. I checked the rubber stoppers on the pedals for all the switches and they’re in excellent condition. So thinking & hoping 1 of the switches is bad.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Have you disconnected the battery to see if there is some kind of reset happening when you connect it again? Just a thought.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t have a manual so I’m not familiar with how it’s all wired, but is it possible your tint guys got the solution on some of the wiring (or somewhere else that is connected to the clutch to start wiring) and caused a short somewhere? That would be my first guess if it was working fine until they got their hands on it
Sponsored