Sponsored

WMS now offering Cerakoted OR downpipes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
It's not just the name. It's the SS these companies use. MAP uses all 304 SS and they don't mig weld. Quality is better than wms, but you get what you pay for. I never heard nothing bad about WMS. They make a good product.
Didn't you buy an axleback exhaust? Was that a cash flow problem or just a personal choice…? ;)
Sponsored

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
I sure did. And it's because I'll pay money for quality. Roush uses nothing but 304 even the muffler and tips. That is why it's $500+ for axle backs. Mrt backs are $650. Anyways, good product wms. I've seen people using your DP.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wms Downpipe will throw a code for the off road. Map will not because they took extra time to design and make sure no light comes on. I don't wanna hurt people's feelings, but damn lol .

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I sure did. And it's because I'll pay money for quality. Roush uses nothing but 304 even the muffler and tips. That is why it's $500+ for axle backs. Mrt backs are $650. Anyways, good product wms. I've seen people using your DP.��
Yeah you bolted on 304 SS mufflers to your 409 SS factory exhaust. 304 SS is arguably higher quality, but there's nothing wrong with 409.

Sorry, I'll stop arguing. Different strokes for different folks.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Wms Downpipe will throw a code for the off road. Map will not because they took extra time to design and make sure no light comes on. I don't wanna hurt people's feelings, but damn lol .
A $2 part from the auto parts store will keep you from throwing a code too btw. If anyone wants to know how let me know and I'll give the details.

Sponsored

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the 409 is completely covered in rust. Haha, anyways, the people that don't have the funds for a $500-$600 Downpipe will buy at $200 Down-pipe. Like I said, I bought my Downpipe at a price no one will get it for. (Cannot say how much) so I went with map because they are simply better. People reading this will get mad. Don't they say the truth hurts? I live where salt eats cars up within years. 409 won't last here. Maybe in Florida.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yeah, the 409 is completely covered in rust. Haha, anyways, the people that don't have the funds for a $500-$600 Downpipe will buy at $200 Down-pipe. Like I said, I bought my Downpipe at a price no one will get it for. (Cannot say how much) so I went with map because they are simply better. People reading this will get mad. Don't they say the truth hurts? I live where salt eats cars up within years. 409 won't last here. Maybe in Florida.
It lasts ok in TN. So I'm good with it. :thumbsup:

I also don't have a dog in this fight since I don't have the MAP or WMS DP.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
I bought the WMS downpipe and installed it yesterday. Took fifteen minutes due to the perfect fit, and a non fouler was 3.99 at Autozone. The finish isn't high quality as it still has the pipe markings on it, but that's a non issue. It's not as pretty as the 500 dollar ones, and I really wish they offered the cerakoting two weeks ago when I ordered lol. Not only does it look great, it also is better for performance than even a 304 pipe. MAP makes a great downpipe but nobody needs you sticking your head in every thread bashing other companies products. I personally wouldn't take performance advice from anybody who decided an axle back was the route to take for the most performance gains, and paints their mustang horn emblem and radiator air dam yellow, but whatever.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
You talk a lot of shit. You know why you got no replies to your exhaust video?...the shit sounds like my neighbors lawn mower. No one cares about your special pricing...enjoy your shit and let others enjoy theirs.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha, whatever you say. And Leon , don't start on that. But anyways have a nice day guys(;

Sponsored
OP
OP

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I have the MAPerformance Downpipe. Retail is like $500 for the off road, I can't tell you what I paid, the quality is outstanding. Wms makes an affordable Downpipe for those who don't have cash flowing like some others do.
It's not just the name. It's the SS these companies use. MAP uses all 304 SS and they don't mig weld. Quality is better than wms, but you get what you pay for. I never heard nothing bad about WMS. They make a good product.
First of all Brandon 409 will survive just as long as 304. Please educate yourself on why manufacturers use 409. Since the automotive industry has started using 409 the life of the average vehicles exhaust system has doubled or even tripled. Using 409 also allows us to keep our prices down while retaining excellent quality. Our product fills a niche and does so very well.

Secondly you seem to find the time to constantly rag on our product. I'm not sure if your upset because I turned you down when you asked for a free, or in your words "sponsored" pipe from us but seriously if you dont stop you will wind up getting backlash from this community. We are all here to help eachother and to provide first hand reviews and discussions about products for our cars. Whatever axe you have to grind should be put away asap.

Our pipe was designed to be used with a tune that would eliminate any check engine light, however a simple fix is all it takes for those that dont want to run a tune but want to run our pipe and not get a check engine light.

Lastly our pipe was the first one to hit the market, first one to be tested on the dyno and at the track, heck we were the first one here with an EB car to start off with last October 6th, and now its the first OR downpipe to be offered in a ceramic coat for less then what others charge for a normal pipe. I'm sorry if all of these positives, along with the positive reviews we have gotten on our product dont jive with your agenda of pushing companies that give you free or discounted stuff but thats not our problem so in the future, unless you have personal experience with our products please dont participate.

Thanks,

JJ

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
First of all Brandon 409 will survive just as long as 304. Please educate yourself on why manufacturers use 409. Since the automotive industry has started using 409 the life of the average vehicles exhaust system has doubled or even tripled. Using 409 also allows us to keep our prices down while retaining excellent quality. Our product fills a niche and does so very well.

Secondly you seem to find the time to constantly rag on our product. I'm not sure if your upset because I turned you down when you asked for a free, or in your words "sponsored" pipe from us but seriously if you dont stop you will wind up getting backlash from this community. We are all here to help eachother and to provide first hand reviews and discussions about products for our cars. Whatever axe you have to grind should be put away asap.

Our pipe was designed to be used with a tune that would eliminate any check engine light, however a simple fix is all it takes for those that dont want to run a tune but want to run our pipe and not get a check engine light.

Lastly our pipe was the first one to hit the market, first one to be tested on the dyno and at the track, heck we were the first one here with an EB car to start off with last October 6th, and now its the first OR downpipe to be offered in a ceramic coat for less then what others charge for a normal pipe. I'm sorry if all of these positives, along with the positive reviews we have gotten on our product dont jive with your agenda of pushing companies that give you free or discounted stuff but thats not our problem so in the future, unless you have personal experience with our products please dont participate.

Thanks,

JJ
Well said...

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

Shanghai Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible in Race Red

Thanks,

JJ
Precisely. The only real difference between 304 and 409 steel is how they harden. 304 will work-harden, but that can be relieved with annealing. With 409, you can only heat-harden, which means you cannot "beat it into hardness", and thus the finish during polishing will never be quite as nice.

ASIDE: yes, 304 has a higher ultimate yield strength than 409, but both are WAY beyond what your frame would see, let alone an exhaust pipe. I guess if you want a pipe so strong you could hang 8 Mustangs from it then the 304 premium might be worth it, but then you'd also be better off going to 321.

For salt spray resistance, 409 is every bit as good as 305. It's really just a difference of how they harden and the way the finish appears after hardening. 304 is always really nice when polished up, but you pay a pretty premium for it. I guess for exhaust tips it can be great, but for me, for pipes under the car which are rarely - if ever - seen, I'd go with 409, save a pretty penny and drive on.

PS: You can thank all the extra chromium and nickel in the 304 blend.

OP
OP

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Precisely. The only real difference between 304 and 409 steel is how they harden. 304 will work-harden, but that can be relieved with annealing. With 409, you can only heat-harden, which means you cannot "beat it into hardness", and thus the finish during polishing will never be quite as nice.

ASIDE: yes, 304 has a higher ultimate yield strength than 409, but both are WAY beyond what your frame would see, let alone an exhaust pipe. I guess if you want a pipe so strong you could hang 8 Mustangs from it then the 304 premium might be worth it, but then you'd also be better off going to 321.

For salt spray resistance, 409 is every bit as good as 305. It's really just a difference of how they harden and the way the finish appears after hardening. 304 is always really nice when polished up, but you pay a pretty premium for it. I guess for exhaust tips it can be great, but for me, for pipes under the car which are rarely - if ever - seen, I'd go with 409, save a pretty penny and drive on.

PS: You can thank all the extra chromium and nickel in the 304 blend.
:headbang:

Thank you for your input.

Also wanted to say that we are getting low on these pipes but have more being made. We are selling about 3-5 a week so if your interested get your orders in asap. :cheers:

Thanks,

JJ
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.