Wireless Android Auto Adapter

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
This works great. I have a flush angle usb that is a really tight fit and I would rather have a switch to prevent it from a bluetooth override if my camera when stopped. It is bad enough that I have to download but the AA would always cancel out the FitcamX.
The switch will keep it all nice and cozy mounted to the side of the console interior.

20230421_143146.jpg

Screenshot_20230421_150350_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
For what it's worth, that's true of OEM android auto as well.

For times when I'm going to be driving for more than an hour, I just plug it in, even with my Bronco with sync 4.
Same here. BTW, have you noticed random times when your phone just won't connect to wireless AA in the Bronco? It's not that big a deal, because I usually just connect for charging, anyway, but it happens more than it should, and usually for big swaths of time...

JR

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Same here. BTW, have you noticed random times when your phone just won't connect to wireless AA in the Bronco? It's not that big a deal, because I usually just connect for charging, anyway, but it happens more than it should, and usually for big swaths of time...

JR
Almost never, actually. Maybe once or twice in the 18 months or so I've owned it.

One of the best tricks I ever learned with the Bronco is how to do a soft reset of the headunit by holding power and next track buttons.

Kenvid

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ablelockshop.com
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible Premium PP, Magnaride,Exhaust
Anyone have good results with any of these adapters? Was looking at this one but see mixed results. Was just wondering if anyone on here has tried any of em out.
I have been using a wireless dongle that I bought from Amazon. It was around $60. Works great. These are specifically for wireless Carplay or Android Auto. I use and Iphone so my dongle is for Carplay. You would need one for Android Auto.
I find that they work great. Connects to the car within 25 seconds of turning on the ignition. I have been using a different dongle in my Acura MDX and Acura TLX for years with very good reliability. Occasionally I will need to restart the car or unplug the dongle to reset it. Sound quality is great and Navigation (Waze, Google, Apple) all work flawlessly and you can use your voice with your phone assistant witthout even pressing any buttons. I also plugged in a wireless charging mat to charge the phone without having to constantly plug and unplug it.
I would recommend these without hesitation. Just read the Amazon reviews and they mostly have free returns if they don't work out.

Sponsored

nathanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've been using the Motorola adapter for about 6-8 months. Plugged it in the center console and forgot about it. It's been pretty flawless. Sometimes it takes it a bit to link up, but it's only happened a couple of times.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I use the Motorola MA1 with my 21' GT and it works like a champ. The trick is to connect to the car with a wire first, and start Android Auto. After that initial wired connection, the MA1 works perfectly.

In fact, I just used it on a rental car (Toyota POS) and after that same wired first then dongle, Android Auto worked without any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PQ95GY4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I have to turn it off to download dashcam video or pics. Just ordered a switch and I will mount the AA and switch with 3M tape in the console. Simple and out of sight.
That switch idea is pretty cool. Which dashcam are you using? Also, does the AA device have any issues connecting like mentioned below?

I use the Motorola MA1 with my 21' GT and it works like a champ. The trick is to connect to the car with a wire first, and start Android Auto. After that initial wired connection, the MA1 works perfectly.

In fact, I just used it on a rental car (Toyota POS) and after that same wired first then dongle, Android Auto worked without any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PQ95GY4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Seems like if I have to plug it in to get it working I'll just plug it in and leave it.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Seems like if I have to plug it in to get it working I'll just plug it in and leave it.
After the initial pairing with Android auto using a cable, you connect the adapter and just leave it. At that point, it will always connect wirelessly...you do not have to connect every time. So when you get in the car, it will automatically connect and bring up Android Auto on the deck as long as you have Bluetooth on.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After the initial pairing with Android auto using a cable, you connect the adapter and just leave it. At that point, it will always connect wirelessly...you do not have to connect every time. So when you get in the car, it will automatically connect and bring up Android Auto on the deck as long as you have Bluetooth on.
Ah OK. Thanks for clarifying.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
That switch idea is pretty cool. Which dashcam are you using? Also, does the AA device have any issues connecting like mentioned below?

I have the FitcamX with rear cam. It replaces the rain sensor cover and comes with a small jumper harness to get power from the sensor. A small wire snake can be run over the visor on the passenger side. It pops straight out the back so you can pull the rear cam wire through. I did replace the double sided tape with a gopro 3M piece as the original would fall off when parked in the sun.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the FitcamX with rear cam. It replaces the rain sensor cover and comes with a small jumper harness to get power from the sensor. A small wire snake can be run over the visor on the passenger side. It pops straight out the back so you can pull the rear cam wire through. I did replace the double sided tape with a gopro 3M piece as the original would fall off when parked in the sun.
I like easy the front is to install. Though it's the back one that will require more work. I'll have to look up how the rear one installs. I didn't see that on their site. This is one of my top two now (the other is Blackvue). Thanks!

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I like easy the front is to install. Though it's the back one that will require more work. I'll have to look up how the rear one installs. I didn't see that on their site. This is one of my top two now (the other is Blackvue). Thanks!
The rear is simple and just plugs into the provided harness and at the back, you take the excess cable and zip tie it in a coil and tuck it into the headliner. For me, the most difficult part was climbing into the back seat and getting back out. I posted pics in the dashcam thread a while back.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear is simple and just plugs into the provided harness and at the back, you take the excess cable and zip tie it in a coil and tuck it into the headliner. For me, the most difficult part was climbing into the back seat and getting back out. I posted pics in the dashcam thread a while back.
Thanks, I found those threads. They should prove very helpful. Getting Wireless Android Auto and a good dash cam are both on my list now.
Sponsored