Which Part Number For Backup Camera

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Hello. My backup camera went out and I already checked the wiring so now I'm moving on to replacing the camera. The dealership wants $370 for the part. I've found a few different sellers for lower prices, but I seem to find two different model numbers. Some sellers state they are interchangeable. Does anyone here know if the following part numbers truly are interchangeable and won't require any kind of programming? Thanks!

FR3T-19G490-AC
FR3Z-19G490-A
Sponsored

captainGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT,2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Hello. My backup camera went out and I already checked the wiring so now I'm moving on to replacing the camera. The dealership wants $370 for the part. I've found a few different sellers for lower prices, but I seem to find two different model numbers. Some sellers state they are interchangeable. Does anyone here know if the following part numbers truly are interchangeable and won't require any kind of programming? Thanks!

FR3T-19G490-AC
FR3Z-19G490-A
Just had the camera replaced in our 2015GT under the extended warranty.The work order says they replaced the camera and initialized LIN module.
Part number FR3Z*19G490*A
Hope that helps.

OP
OP

PandaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Thanks for the info guys. The FR3Z does seem more common. I've found the FR3T parts cheaper on ebay and they say they pulled them from mustangs. I think I might just pull mine out and go with the exact model to be sure. It's not worth trying to save money if I can't guarantee they are the same. Appreciate the replys!
Sponsored