Sponsored

Winter wheels

luizffgarcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang - Fastback - Automatic - Magnetic
Guys,

What are you using for winter wheels? I really don't want to use steel rims but i can't seem to find good brand alloys for a good price, like less than $180 per wheel.

I have also been looking for used Mustang stock wheels on kijiji with no luck...
Sponsored

ThatCanadianGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brit
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black v6
Using my stock rims for the winter and will be buying new rims next spring. Figured if I have to buy rims... might as well get a set I want!

Wasting extra money on mounting and balancing though.. oh well.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Guys,

What are you using for winter wheels? I really don't want to use steel rims but i can't seem to find good brand alloys for a good price, like less than $180 per wheel.

I have also been looking for used Mustang stock wheels on kijiji with no luck...
I'm running Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 winter tires (255/40R19) on a set of 19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring RF in matte bronze.
ADR_0292.JPG

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
whats the cost ?
I think I paid roughly $225 CAN last year per wheel. I think you're going to struggle to find anything under $250 CAN with our dollar shitting the bed so hard right now. Check 1010tires.com -- That's where I found the best deal within Canada.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
When my car comes in (GT Prem) I'll be taking off & selling the OE wheels/tires/TPMS for $500 (US) + shipping from FL. No idea if it's economically feasible to ship to Canada tho or if there are restrictions/tariffs etc.

lltrigg3rzonell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I bought my winter tires last week and its going on later this month. It's going on my stock 18" rims.

Toyo Gsi5
$1100 ish

JjnrVyj.jpg

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I still have my 18" winter tire package for sale after FORD bought my Mustang back.
But I live in the Edmonton area and only pick up available. Sorry!

They are $1,100 incl. TPMS. Someone is coming by on Saturday to take a look at them. Hurry up if you like to get a cheap set. And yes I know. They are not pretty but they were the only ones fitting the PP brakes on my Ecoboost last December. (I was one of the first Alberta owners and no info what would really fit the 2015 Mustangs.)

OP
OP

luizffgarcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those planning on using the current wheels for winter, how bad do you expect the salt to damage your wheels?

I am questioning myself how many winters can i run with my factory alloys before they actually look like winter wheels?

MjC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang v6 triple yellow
i will be running stock 17s on michelin x ice 3 and purchasing a set of new rims and tires next spring

Sponsored

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
For those planning on using the current wheels for winter, how bad do you expect the salt to damage your wheels?

I am questioning myself how many winters can i run with my factory alloys before they actually look like winter wheels?
Personally, don't really care. Once the 051A 18's start to looks like shit I will just plastidip them. Might even do it after this winter is over.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I am using Forgestar F14s, deep concave lol.

I would buy used take off Mustang wheels as winter wheels.

OP
OP

luizffgarcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will try some used 2009 Mustang GT bullitt wheels i found on the internet this weekend, not sure if they will fit correctly on the 2015 thou. I have even created a thread about this but got no replies: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=785524#post785524

I did not know about this plastic dip product, it may also be a good option...

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Answered your posting. Hope that helps.

If you Google pastidip rims or wheels you will find all kinds of Youtube videos on this topic.
Sponsored