Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Yeah I know. But I am 7 hours away from the border. And the QE2 isn't any fun to drive in the winter. That's why I asked 1st my dealer to see how much they ask because FORD gives away for some cars free packages (2015 Fusion, Taurus, 2014 Edge etc.). I do not need high performance winter tires. Nobody drives 200 kph anyways in Alberta.

In the end, $1,500 for a set local paid is a good deal - close to 1010 and Tirerack without the stupid shipping costs.

There is a set I was looking on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/18-Wheels-Rims-5-Lugs-Lancer-Galant-Eclipse-Odyssey-Civic-Accord-Mustang-Fusion-/271675432368
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Can anyone confirm that the 2014 Mustang TPMS and 2015 versions are compatible or not? Because the 2015 version has independent sensing.

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Can anyone confirm that the 2014 Mustang TPMS and 2015 versions are compatible or not? Because the 2015 version has independent sensing.
Some guys writing on the tire threads that they drive around with there 2007 wheels. No idea if the monitoring is working.

The part # F2GZ1A189A is the TPMS sensor for the 2015 Mustang. As far as the information goes from here.

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
Papaya, my dealer had me order my tires from a shop they use. I am paying the wholesale price.
Check with your dealer, they might not want to give you any freebies, but wholesale price is better than retail.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm trying to get my dealer to take off the factory 18" rubber, sell it themselves, and I pay the difference for winter tires installed and ready to go. They said they'd do that, but haven't given me a price. If their price is too high, I'll just get my own winters and sell the factory A/S myself.

From there I'll pick up a set of aftermarket 19" wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/40/19 all the way around for summer.

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Hello guys.

I like to update how it goes with my winter package. Also that a couple of members are saying that 18" should perfectly fit the EcoBoost PP, I can report now - no not all!

I did go local because if the wheels don't fit, that would be a big problem. Actually I did go to a place who sold a lot Mustang wheels in Edmonton. Funny thing again was, that again - the one I liked - aren't there. To be correct, they had 3 wheels instead of a set of 4! Going with the Velocity VW910, 38 mm offset, 18" - they hit right away the calipers from the front - because they are 18x7,5 and not as I asked 18x8.:doh:

To explain. I am one of these guys, who doesn't triple check at the shop, if the parts would fit, because everyone has big certificates on the wall, speaks better English ( I think) than someone like me - who prints the specs out on a piece of paper to give it to this people. I am sure you know what I mean. :headbonk: And if on the printout is clearly to read: 5x114, 18x8, 38-42 mm offset - nobody can later say: "No you didn't!"

This wheels:
picture.jpg

DON'T FIT the EcoBoost PP because they are only 18x7,5!
So please - BE AWARE! Name: Velocity VW910

I dropped the wheels yesterday evening at the tire shop to get the wheels changed for free because that was the agreement. What I do this time because I have the Mustang with me - I triple check everything! :paddle:

BTW: The journeyman said yesterday evening again: I don't understand this. We installed them a lot on 2012-2014 Mustang GT's....

UPDATE:
After we figured out yesterday that the wheels didn't fit, here now PART 2 of the nightmare (as I call it):

I arrived at the tire shop at 10:20 this morning. The guys were already waiting for me to get me asap back on the road. Do I have to mention that we had freezing rain last night? So it was a slow drive with this summer tires to get to the shop.

After checking that the wheels I got yesterday didn't work, the mechanic tried 5 mm spacers and still they won't clear the calipers. So they pulled one 18" DEMO wheel from the showroom after the other to end up with 2 they would fit. One what cleared the front calipers by around 2 mm what I thought was too tight. The second one what we later used cleared the front calipers by around 4-5 mm / 1/5".

picture.jpg

To clear the caliper in the front we had to use a 5 mm spacer.
picture.jpg

So I ended up with this wheels:
picture.jpg

The (not so) funny part was, that they had only one wheel in the store and had actually drive to their warehouse, to search the missing 3 wheels. I was close on the edge to ask for my money. But this young guys tried really hard to fix what did got wrong in the first place. Talking about place. This store and shop look like crap. Garbage all over the place. But hey. I buy the wheels and I am out there anyway.

• How much was now everything?
  • Wheels priced at $250 20% discount 4 x : $800
  • Tires priced $213.51 26.35% discount 4 x : $629
  • TPMS invoice priced $60 each $240
  • Installation $32 all together
  • Balancing 4 wheels only $24
  • 20 x closed spline including key $23.50

Sum: $1741 (We are talking about Canadian dollars.)
picture.jpg

I was always worried that if I order from the USA something could get wrong with the wheels and they don't fit. Because the dealership asked for a 18" winter package $2,765 plus tax I did end up with a local shop.
If you buy online and you have the EcoBoost with performance package, please be careful if you only go with 18" wheels. A lot don't clear the front calipers. Order only 19" or 20" to be safe that the wheels clear the calipers. To send a winter package back to the dealer cost a lot of money if something gets wrong.

Tirerack has some 18" sets. They should fit hopefully too.
Sponsored

Last edited: