OP
OP

AB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Thanks for all the replies.

Where are people buying tyres from? Mytyres currently coming out at roughly £850 for 2 x 255/40R19 and 2 x 275/40R19.
Sponsored

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
Also try Oponeo.co.uk - im getting £662 for the above sizes (Nokian WR A4)

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I'm planning on purchasing the Nokian R3, and presume it would be available on your side of the Atlantic. I've got the standard EB 17" rims and will be putting on 235/55-17, although I could go narrower with 215/60-17, as they are virtually the same dimensions as the 235 and would not affect the speedo.

Sponsored

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I drove daily through last winter on Pirelli P Zeros no problem and am on Michelin Pilot Super Sports now so should be ok this year personally I don’t see the point of winter tyres - just be a good driver
Maybe if you live in southern half of England winter tyres seem an unnecessary expense but farther north not so. As others have said winters tyres perform much better below 7C, better grip, braking & traction in wet, snow & ice. I have Nokian WR A4 & they give me the confidence to drive in bad road conditions. Even the best tyres & 4x4 do not make you immune to the laws of physics.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
The only Nokians available in UK for front & rear are WR A4

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Forgive me for straying slightly off topic...has anyone purchased tyres through Ford? Specifically the Michelin PS4S? I ask because I have some Ford parts vouchers and the thought of gearing up with a full set for little cost to me is very tempting. My 8k mile worn P Zeros make me nervous for winter lol

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Forgive me for straying slightly off topic...has anyone purchased tyres through Ford? Specifically the Michelin PS4S? I ask because I have some Ford parts vouchers and the thought of gearing up with a full set for little cost to me is very tempting. My 8k mile worn P Zeros make me nervous for winter lol
i dont see why they cant get you tyres as they are now on the my 18/19 models Might not be as cheep but you never know i would certainly give it a go if i had vouchers

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Thought I’d reply here rather than starting a new thread on this.

Tested my new winter tyres in full anger today in the ice and snow in rural Worcestershire on my daily commute. The difference is night and day, car had so much traction and control. Went past a couple of loss of control bumps on the white over roads on way into work but the Mustang felt secure and gripped the whole time with careful driving.

Best money I’ve spent as I’m sure with the P Zeros I’d still be in a ditch now awaiting recovery !!

My winter wheels are wrapped in YOKOHAMA W-DRIVE tyres (V905).
4AEF22D3-6323-4EC9-BBC3-85D414EE9CDC.jpeg
9EEAE0BE-B781-4EB6-AA51-F62C4E19D33A.jpeg

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Wishing I had winter tyres this morning! The thinnest later of snow and ice here in York made my 1 mile commute sketchy to say the least :whew:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha i was out when it started snowing on tuesday night and was surprised that i had no traction issues what so ever, the next day after it ha settled and frozen it was some what questionable getting off my drive but after that it was just fine with mpss on the rear and 4s on fronts didn't even use snow/wet mode although admittedly i didn't jump on the throttle like i normally do either i just drove appropriately for the conditions which i think is where most people (not just mustang owners but most cars) have the issue they don't adjust their driving styles and continue to drive like its perfectly dry and lovely.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
haha i was out when it started snowing on tuesday night and was surprised that i had no traction issues what so ever, the next day after it ha settled and frozen it was some what questionable getting off my drive but after that it was just fine with mpss on the rear and 4s on fronts didn't even use snow/wet mode although admittedly i didn't jump on the throttle like i normally do either i just drove appropriately for the conditions which i think is where most people (not just mustang owners but most cars) have the issue they don't adjust their driving styles and continue to drive like its perfectly dry and lovely.
You should try it in an auto like mine, accelerator is just an on or off switch and box has a mind of its own :crackup:
Sponsored