Sponsored

Window Tinting

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That looks like superior tinting? If it is I have gone there everytime I needed tint or audio work. I am taking delivery of my 15 in a few days and will be going there for tint. They started hosting car meets now too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
They are great! Very professional and great prices. I am going to have stripes done there and a clear bra. Quality work and personal service. I love these guys.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Going there too, before I even read it here. They have 62 (ok 61 and 1 4 start for being too busy) 5 star review on yelp. Everyone raves about them.

I think I'm only going legal limit on mine; don't want to have to be pulling tint off later- 28 sides 15 rears. My S197 was legal limit and it was still plenty tinted.

I debated a clear bra for a while and opted against it. Chips will happen. Clear bra has some downfalls too like the color will be different under once removed (especially my black car in FL sun for years), debate on whether the clue is good for the clearcoat, rock chips beyond the film, texture, scratches and swirls cannot be removed from the film like the clear, and really wont stop all high impact rocks like on the highway anyway as the plastic will pit and looks funny (which it will pit during normal driving anyway from debris). Also can cost almost as much as a good front end repaint depending how far up you get film and who installs.

Too many negatives for me to prevent a few possible chips.
Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I misunderstood, I didn't go to Superior Tint. I went to Champion Tint in Coral Springs.

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
5% all around with a clear ceramic film on the windshield to block u/v from fading my dashboard.
Fist time I'm hearing about the clear ceramic film. Can you expand a little more on that? Is it more expensive than tints? How long does it last? Is it actually "clear"? Does it only protect your dashboard? As in not provide any benefits driving towards the sun?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Fist time I'm hearing about the clear ceramic film. Can you expand a little more on that? Is it more expensive than tints? How long does it last? Is it actually "clear"? Does it only protect your dashboard? As in not provide any benefits driving towards the sun?
I believe the ceramic tint is by Suntex CXP and it has a lifetime warranty. It is 100% crystal clear and reduces the heat coming in from direct sunlight and blocks U/V providing a nice protection for your dash, it also comes in tinted films but I won't put that on my windshield. The ceramic films are the best, imo and so far I find it definitely reduced the heat by 50%. I am in South Florida and the sun is pretty strong so I find it very beneficial. I don't even know it's there until I am driving towards the sun and I feel very little heat on the dash and steering wheel.

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I believe the ceramic tint is by Suntex CXP and it has a lifetime warranty. It is 100% crystal clear and reduces the heat coming in from direct sunlight and blocks U/V providing a nice protection for your dash, it also comes in tinted films but I won't put that on my windshield. The ceramic films are the best, imo and so far I find it definitely reduced the heat by 50%. I am in South Florida and the sun is pretty strong so I find it very beneficial. I don't even know it's there until I am driving towards the sun and I feel very little heat on the dash and steering wheel.

O wow, thanks for the feedback. That'll definitely come in handy in bright california! How much did you pay for yours? I'm curious what its cost is roughly.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
O wow, thanks for the feedback. That'll definitely come in handy in bright california! How much did you pay for yours? I'm curious what its cost is roughly.

You're welcome, I'm very happy with it and had never heard of it before and every car I have owned in 26 years has been tinted. I paid $260 total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
35% sides and 15% rear. Sun in San Diego can be brutal.

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Just went to the eye doc. today and got my Rx for as dark as I want to go :headbang:

Now if the freezing weather would change, I'd get it done. :frusty:

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
So don't feel like starting a new topic so I'll butt in here.

How is visibility at night time seeing out of rear window for those with 5-20% tint?

Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
I've done 5% on all my cars (the back window) ... don't have any issues at all at night, more especially since my cars are low and the trucks here in TX are raised it makes it really nice to eliminate the bright headlights (along with those damn HID lights in the Cadillacs). I have mirrors on both doors, so I can use those as well.

TinyTim93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No pics but I stayed legal. 35% all the way around. After having 18% on my past Mazda and getting a ticket for it, I don't want to have to deal with that again

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
20%

Pazuzu7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)