Sponsored

Will these 2011-2014 V6 rotor and brake pad kit fit on the 2015 ecoboost and v6?

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
I want a little more stopping power for my car and the current 4 piston brakes don't feel like they bite, but this kit i found just seals the deal for me. Affordable, strong, and great looking, i just want to know if someone from the forums knows whether or not they fit. I've seen the 2014 V6 brakes and they look identical to the 2015 stock V6 and Ecoboost without PP.. It would be awesome to get a reply from american muscle, cause they sell the product.:shrug:

Link:http://www.americanmuscle.com/powerstop-brake-kit-1114v6.html
53456.jpg
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Hey Martin - That's a really good question and despite them looking really similar I'm unable to confirm if they're going to be compatible on your V6.

Sorry about this but I'm more than happy to reach out to Powerstop for you to check if they can confirm or deny this and if not I can see when they're going to have kits released for the S550's!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex

OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Hey Martin - That's a really good question and despite them looking really similar I'm unable to confirm if they're going to be compatible on your V6.

Sorry about this but I'm more than happy to reach out to Powerstop for you to check if they can confirm or deny this and if not I can see when they're going to have kits released for the S550's!

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
That would be awesome if you can check or ask powerstop, and i'll be more than likely to buy it from you guys. In L.A. it's always stop and go traffic, but i'm rev happy, so that's not a good combination. These brakes should make me feel safer....:D:D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That would be awesome if you can check or ask powerstop, and i'll be more than likely to buy it from you guys. In L.A. it's always stop and go traffic, but i'm rev happy, so that's not a good combination. These brakes should make me feel safer....:D:D

Your tires are the limiting factor in stopping power at the moment, not your brakes. Unless you can stomp on the pedal hard and not get any ABS intervention, it's your tires. Get a good performance summer tire and you'll have better braking and cornering grip.

OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Your tires are the limiting factor in stopping power at the moment, not your brakes. Unless you can stomp on the pedal hard and not get any ABS intervention, it's your tires. Get a good performance summer tire and you'll have better braking and cornering grip.
Hmm, would you suggest just a better set of summer tires, or wider rims along with the tires? I'm always confused on this concept because, one side tells me wider is better for traction and the others say it's useless unless you heat them up properly. Bare in mind that this mustang has 305 crank horsepower. Also, people say that goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrics are just as good as pirelli p zero.... If you could recommend any tire which one would it be?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the 051A package, and if yes, do you like the wheels? If yes, I'd get Michelin Pilot Super Sports, at 245/45R18. Wider is almost always better for grip with a heavy car like the s550, however a lot wider has some undesirables such as tramlining (follows road imperfections annoyingly), reduced fuel economy, and increased hydroplaning in very wet conditions. They're also a lot more expensive! Depending on your budget there are lots of good summer tires that will provide a substantial grip improvement over your stock all seasons. You just have to do the research and read reviews on the things that matter to you for a DD (how noisy, tire wear, ride comfort). I stick to my recommendation as most of here would agree they're the best all-around summer tire you can buy today. Another good option is the continental DW. I've never had those, but I know that they follow other conti tires in that they have a bit less precision to steering input than their competitors. They do great on all the other attributes, though.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Lucky,

I'm more than happy to do so and I'm waiting for an answer from my contact! I should know by the end of the day!

As per the tires I've ironically had Eagle F1's before and I had nothing but trouble with them! I'm not sure what it was but every one I had developed fairly sizable sidewall bubbles and were just downright noisy.

If you're going to be looking for something a little stickier as well as wider I think a 255 Series Tire would be perfect.

Alex

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the 051A package, and if yes, do you like the wheels? If yes, I'd get Michelin Pilot Super Sports, at 245/45R18. Wider is almost always better for grip with a heavy car like the s550, however a lot wider has some undesirables such as tramlining (follows road imperfections annoyingly), reduced fuel economy, and increased hydroplaning in very wet conditions. They're also a lot more expensive! Depending on your budget there are lots of good summer tires that will provide a substantial grip improvement over your stock all seasons. You just have to do the research and read reviews on the things that matter to you for a DD (how noisy, tire wear, ride comfort). I stick to my recommendation as most of here would agree they're the best all-around summer tire you can buy today. Another good option is the continental DW. I've never had those, but I know that they follow other conti tires in that they have a bit less precision to steering input than their competitors. They do great on all the other attributes, though.
FYI - Pilot Super Sports in that size:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport&partnum=445YR8PSSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Specs

Conti DW on special pricing:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DW&partnum=445YR8ECDWXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Specs

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Reviving thread.

Any news on the compatibility of 14' rotors for 15' V6?

OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Not from AM, apparently the tires are the limiting factor not the braking pads or brake rotors. However, that kit is half the price for new tires like super sports.

Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Right. But i am more interested in having slotted/ cross drilled rotors because of personal preference, regardless of what is limiting the car.

JTQ92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Performance PacK
Any new info on this? I still haven't seen a yes or no answer on whether or not 11-14 brake parts will fit the 15.
Sponsored