Sponsored

Bought my first mustang and running into a few issues.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Picked up a used 15 premium GT, PP1, 6MT.

Drove it around town last night and the head lights were pointing directly down...........not sure how the previous owner drove it like this.

Got in there and adjusted them to the highest setting and its still really low and right side wont go up as much as the left. Going to pull the bumper to see if there is anything I can do to raise them up. Car is lowered on springs but not slammed.

The car has also failed to start twice in the garage (just dead click). I think because I have been sitting it messing with the headlights and instrument panel etc. Put a jumper cable on it and fired right up.

This is my first experience with a remote smart keyfob. I cant tell if I'm supposed to lock it in the garage, maybe that's why it's not holding a charge. Or when I start the car, then turn it off. I can't figure out how to shut everything down all interior lights radio without opening and closing the door LOL.

Reading the manual on this bad boy. Interesting car to say the least.

20210317_194240.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats on becoming a Mustang owner!

Here’s the tech for aligning the headlights on any US Spec S550:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/adjustment-for-headlights.32392/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/horizontal-headlamp-adjustment.147908/#post-3023252

Hope that helps.

—

If the battery is the original Motorcraft, it’s most likely in need of replacement and could explain the starting issues.

—

Once you exit the vehicle, the car should shut down everything itself, even if the user didn’t manually lock the vehicle. It will not auto lock the doors - no S550 does (it’s not a feature). You can manually lock the car to shut things down by:
1) touching the top ribbed section of the door handle 1x, it should lock the entire car.
OR
2) pressing the lock symbol on the key fob

—

Last edited:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Congrats Phillip! Three thoughts:

1) The battery is 6 years old, and it's probably seen better days. Cheap fix.
2) Could the "lowering" springs make the car a little higher in the rear than in the front? That might explain the headlight issue.
3) Perfectly normal for all of the interior stuff to stay on after you turn off the engine. That's a feature.
4) You don't need to lock the car in the garage unless it's like a public garage where people can get into it.

OK, that was four.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Congrats Phillip! Three thoughts:

1) The battery is 6 years old, and it's probably seen better days. Cheap fix.
2) Could the "lowering" springs make the car a little higher in the rear than in the front? That might explain the headlight issue.
3) Perfectly normal for all of the interior stuff to stay on after you turn off the engine. That's a feature.
4) You don't need to lock the car in the garage unless it's like a public garage where people can get into it.

OK, that was four.
Thank you! Any idea how to turn off everything inside the car if you are just parking and waiting for someone?

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Thank you! Any idea how to turn off everything inside the car if you are just parking and waiting for someone?
Once you press the start/stop button to shut off the engine, the accessories should only stay on for a minute or two before they turn off by themselves. To turn them back on, press the start/stop button without putting your foot on the brake/clutch.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The only way I know, is to use the keyfob to lock the car. Then unlock the door when your passenger comes.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
The only way I know, is to use the keyfob to lock the car. Then unlock the door when your passenger comes.
Ok that's what I thought. Guess that will have to do. Thanks!

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
According to the manual it looks like you cannot turn off the map lamps on entry or exit. How stupid. Black out tape may be the solution

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok that's what I thought. Guess that will have to do. Thanks!
Another option to turn everything off when you shut the car down and wait in it is to open the door then close it. When you open the door everything should shut down. I believe things like the stereo will continue to work for about 5 minutes after shutting the car off unless you open the door.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It will do it itself after a few minutes.

Just relax bro, that car has got this.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
My accessories stay on for 10 minutes after turning the car off if you don't open the doors. The lights turn off somewhat sooner but I haven't timed them. The radio turns off if either door is opened but the USB and power point in the radio stack remains on for the 10 minutes. Windows work during the 10 minutes but stop working if the doors are open except for the 1/4" pressure relief. Various cooling fans can come on and there are always things like the alarm and interior lights and power for the numerous computers.
But none of that is responsible for the battery dying. If the battery is faulty, and it probably is, that's your problem. The battery that Ford speced for this car is really only marginally adequate for the need. My factory battery only lasted about 19 months. I don't expect it's replacement to last much longer.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
My accessories stay on for 10 minutes after turning the car off if you don't open the doors. The lights turn off somewhat sooner but I haven't timed them. The radio turns off if either door is opened but the USB and power point in the radio stack remains on for the 10 minutes. Windows work during the 10 minutes but stop working if the doors are open except for the 1/4" pressure relief. Various cooling fans can come on and there are always things like the alarm and interior lights and power for the numerous computers.
But none of that is responsible for the battery dying. If the battery is faulty, and it probably is, that's your problem. The battery that Ford speced for this car is really only marginally adequate for the need. My factory battery only lasted about 19 months. I don't expect it's replacement to last much longer.
I lm having the battery tested and replaced if necessary. Thanks everyone

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Open and close the door. Pretty sure that does it. If not just lock / unlock with the fob while still in the car.
Sponsored