Sponsored

Will the Shelby GT 350 fenders bolt on the GT?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hi

I really like the looks of the Shelby and would love to own one. This probably won't happen any time soon. Anyone have any idea if the fenders and bumper would bolt on the GT's? I know it's early to ask a question like this but it's just on my mind. Thanks.

Dale
Sponsored

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
Hi

I really like the looks of the Shelby and would love to own one. This probably won't happen any time soon. Anyone have any idea if the fenders and bumper would bolt on the GT's? I know it's early to ask a question like this but it's just on my mind. Thanks.

Dale
Not sure how this stuff works but the GT350 is wider and lower, which would make me think that you couldn't just bolt on a few pieces.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Hi

Dale

By a set (or one fender) and test it out... let us all know.:thumbsup:

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
You will need the front bumper as well as the fenders and maybe the hood. I don't see why they wouldn't bolt on. Unless the mounting points on the frame are different.Which I don't see a reason for ford to do that. It will be expensive to get all the parts required and painted. I though about doing that but I don't think its worth the money or effort.

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
I'd be surprised if they don't. The cost to redesign and manufacture new Aprons, Apron Extensions, Core Supports etc... is extremely high and its unlikely Ford would invest in that.

Assuming they will "Bolt On" you will probably have to buy the hood and looks like for sure would have to buy the front bumper cover.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
You would have to replace the entire front clip, Hood, Fenders, Bumper (including all the trim and hardware) as well as the Side Sills. My concern is whether the GT-350 Hood will fit with the 5.0 because of the way the GT-350's Hood is So Much Lower than the Standard Mustang GT Hood.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
IF they even direct bolt on, you're probably looking at $10k after paint. The hood itself is $2,200 unpainted.

Very likely not worth it and that's a big if on if the parts fit and the hood will clear the 5.0.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Give it time. Aftermarket will have something I'm sure. Well, I'm hoping they do and something that uses the stock bumper and hood.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I'd be surprised if they don't. The cost to redesign and manufacture new Aprons, Apron Extensions, Core Supports etc... is extremely high and its unlikely Ford would invest in that.

Assuming they will "Bolt On" you will probably have to buy the hood and looks like for sure would have to buy the front bumper cover.
Ford has already said that everything fwd of the A pillar is new on the 350. Kinda makes me doubt that you could just bolt the new panels on.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I just want the front bumper cover!!!! I am eyeing the fender situation though.

mustangkc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
aggree, re-design & develop will take much money for FD.
Personally think maybe you have to switch out the hood, front bumper, front lip, fenders, side skirts, diffuser and rear spoiler.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Headlights are an inch lower on the GT350, so no, the front fascia, hood and fenders will not bolt on without the gt350 front crash structure