Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
60F day 1st time on track in '19 GT PP1 got diff warning light in 6 laps!
I must not be very fast then, haha! (Just kidding, I know I'm not fast)

Are you full tilt the entire time for 6 laps? That might be why. These cars as-is work better in a time attack scenario, 1 hot lap, 1 cool down lap. For full road race, coolers are definitely needed.
Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange

Are you full tilt the entire time for 6 laps? That might be why. These cars as-is work better in a time attack scenario, 1 hot lap, 1 cool down lap. For full road race, coolers are definitely needed.
Well for those 6 laps it was as hard as I could run on stock PP1 trim....terrible brakes, 6.5" rideheight and street tires...yuk! We run these cars pretty hard in clubracing. W2W is pretty hard on equipment. We blow up a lot of motors and gearboxes.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Yup. Thought I was buying a near turn key track car PP2...Love the car but an out of the box track car it is not!

I have found the car good for 4-6 hot laps and that’s it! Even with the diff cooler.

track it as is, but if you start pushing it as your skill gets better—it takes quite a bit of cooling mods to make it last 20 minutes I’m finding!

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Fucking babies - "PP1/PP2 not a track car" - again - fucking babies. Only on this site. The PP1/PP2 do a really nice job of getting you close, enticing you - does Ford have to do everything for you - fucking baby (not you OP)?

99% of stock cars are not track cars - the whole point of racing is to race "your" car - find an issue/limitation - fix it and race again (then re-access.) It is not to go buy a race car, gloves, fancy helmet and never do anything or get your hands dirty.

Race your car - and work on it as you meet its limitations. That is all part of the hobby.

This is NOT directed at the OP - first few replies were awesome - just a few whiny replies that he has received.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

That's good advice. Thank you

Sponsored

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Fucking babies - "PP1/PP2 not a track car" - again - fucking babies. Only on this site. The PP1/PP2 do a really nice job of getting you close, enticing you - does Ford have to do everything for you - fucking baby (not you OP)?

99% of stock cars are not track cars - the whole point of racing is to race "your" car - find an issue/limitation - fix it and race again (then re-access.) It is not to go buy a race car, gloves, fancy helmet and never do anything or get your hands dirty.

Race your car - and work on it as you meet its limitations. That is all part of the hobby.

This is NOT directed at the OP - first few replies were awesome - just a few whiny replies that he has received.
LOL! Tell us how you really feel...

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base

Wow! That’s great input! Now I know that track days are “racing” and understand the whole point of racing as you’ve described it. 15 years of club racing, endurance racing and instructing and finally someone explained it to me. Thank you

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The SS 1LE Camaro is priced similarly and gives you all the hardware necessary to be a turnkey track car. It's a bit ugly and has horrible visibility and weird interior ergo, but it is very track capable with zero mods. Thd PP2's thermal management capabilities will be exposed by a decent driver.

Got some blue tinted glasses on you, don't you?
Sure I guess I see my mustang through rose glasses - I love my Mustang and I'm not afraid to work on it. Why don't you have a Camaro (because you wear them too.) Isn't this a forum of Mustang lovers? I know I'm in the wrong place here based on all the complaining that people do.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Sure I guess I see my mustang through rose glasses - I love my Mustang and I'm not afraid to work on it. Why don't you have a Camaro (because you wear them too.) Isn't this a forum of Mustang lovers? I know I'm in the wrong place here based on all the complaining that people do.
This is all good input. I didn’t realize we’re just supposed to love and subjectively slobber all over mustangs in this form.

I came thinking this was a great place for enthusiasts who enjoy these cars to share objective information. And i thought there was quite a bit of that going on

I stand corrected now. I’m placing my ad for sale and headed to the chevy dealer!

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I didn’t realize we’re just supposed to love and subjectively slobber all over mustangs in this form.
I’m placing my ad for sale and headed to the chevy dealer!
I did it weeks ago! My car is for sale and I would love to get my money out of it. I'm not sure the price I listed is break even but it is close. I'm realistic. I have had several inquiries but nothing solid. I'm 90% sure I'll be forced to race it until it either falls apart or gets wrecked. In racing everything is disposable.

https://www.racingjunk.com/Road-Clu...Mustang-GT.html?category_id=5672&np_offset=44

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Sounds to me like the OP had a good plan, improve the braking and see what happens.

All of these tails of doom & gloom ignore the variables such as the track you're at, the ability of the driver, and how the hpde is run. A novice with decent brakes will be fine.

And remember, it's not racing. Just have fun. Let the Miata pass you and enjoy yourself.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You can get GTPP takeoff calipers, pads, and rotors for around $500 to $600 on eBay and they are easy to swap. I can help you with the swap if you decide to go that route.
Hey thanks buddy I appreciate that, I'll keep that in mind

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT