Sponsored

Will I need camber plates or bolts?

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I just picked up the BMR handling lowering springs to go with FP track shock and strut kit. SInce these spring don't lower the car that much, will I need a set of camber plates or will bolts be enough? I have a square 285/35 tires and 19/9.5 wheels setup, so I'm not running super wide and I will be getting the steeda front roll center & bumpsteer correction kit to get the suspension geometry right once it's lowered. And help is appreciated.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not the camber gain is fine. Kinda helps handling actually. Will need an alignment for toe with the new parts.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Are you taking it on the track.?
285 up front may rub the fender and bumper without some Neg camber when under extreme compression.

OP
OP

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Are you taking it on the track.?
285 up front may rub the fender and bumper without some Neg camber when under extreme compression.
Yeah, I would like to do a couple of track days in the future. I saw from some other setups, that the rubbing issue might be mostly avoided since I stayed at a 19" wheel and didn't bump up to 20". But I guess it could depend on the sidewall.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I have stayed with 19’s and running 285 squared.
Full Coilovers and it's 1.5” lowered all round, Running Comp R tires...

With that combination and Running some pretty aggressive laps, I have sen rubbing on the bumper and fender seam under the front side reflector.

I have -2.5 deg camber front and rear.. SVE 350R wheels.
Rubbing on track is quite common from what I have seen on regularly tracked cars..

Without the Neg camber, I just wanted to give you a heads up..

Sponsored

OP
OP

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Got it. Mine won't be low as yours (1.2 front and .5 rear) But I can still see how I might need it. Did you go with a full plate setup for your car?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Yes, full Vorshlag plates front and full Steeda adjustability for the rears too.
I track 4-6 times per year and the goal is to enjoy, safely and be consistent fast rather than ultimate fast.
It’s also my daily driver.. so crazy aggressive track setup isn’t a good idea. Although the camber setup hasn’t created excessive wear on my set of MP4S street tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
That's good to hear about the tire wear since we are running the same tires. One more question, do you need the camber bolt anymore when you get the plates, or just the plates?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I am running the FRPP Track Kit and I was able to hit my alignment specs without plates or camber bolts. FRPP specs -1.5 front and -1.9 rear camber and my toe was to spec as well.

alignment.jpg

BranoSK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have eibach sportline springs and front camber bolts ,20 inch wheel, did alignment this week and they dont have any problem to set it up
Planning to go and do some track day this week so ill see.

alignment.jpg

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Bridgie I heard the Vorshlag plates are works of art, and arguably the best you can buy. But I also read they’re soo good because they have no type of insulators or anything like that. All metal to metal contact throughout. Can increase noise and some other (albeit minor) negative side effects. You experience anything like that, or any other thoughts on them? Thanks man!

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Galaxy - You are correct - They are a work of art - ALL CNC machined, plated and anodized.
I haven't noticed an NVH increase since fitting, I also went from stock PP shocks to full Coilovers too. IMO, they are far superior to the Steeda plates I had on the car previously, better bearing and sleeve fitting.

As mine are for the Coilovers, the Top plate and Spring support come from the central machined bushing, rather than the stock Ford stamped plate for upper / lower spring seating. This could increase or decrease the NVH from Stock.. Who knows.?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2F04E4EF-89AF-41F3-801E-0E920EC91825.jpeg
EC966B1A-51A1-4771-A4D1-F0C96CCC7FF8.jpeg
A01FA3F4-E822-4E00-9D1F-486774796626.jpeg

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah, I would like to do a couple of track days in the future. I saw from some other setups, that the rubbing issue might be mostly avoided since I stayed at a 19" wheel and didn't bump up to 20". But I guess it could depend on the sidewall.

If you are taking it to the track, you need more (negative) camber if you want the tires to last and for better performance. Pretty much as much as you can get with most plates, significantly more than you can get with just crash bolts.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have been pretty happy with the Steeda Camber Plates:

steeda-silver-bullet-mustang-header.jpg

Sponsored