Sponsored

widebody conversion

karter274

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt premium 2
hey, I'm trying to convert my 2019 mustang gt premium 2 with the Clinched Flares Widebody Kit but this kit adds 3.6" front width (per side), and 4.7" rear width. I'm trying to add the Ford Performance Track Handling Pack and i dont know if the spacers will affect that. I'm also trying to find spacers that will fit plus bigger tires even though i like the performance stage 2 wheels. any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Your gonna also need some considerable offset to make that work/look right. Have you done the math on the wheel width and offset yet? Tire sizes?

Just to make it easier on yourself I would ask others what formula they’ve used and make minor tweaks to your tastes/needs.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Your gonna also need some considerable offset to make that work/look right. Have you done the math on the wheel width and offset yet? Tire sizes?

Just to make it easier on yourself I would ask others what formula they’ve used and make minor tweaks to your tastes/needs.
^^^ Agree.

Trying to put the PP2 wheels out as far as the added wide body flares by using spacers is dangerous. You will need to shop for correct rims with proper offset that will fill the wheel wells proportionality.

Try reviewing or posting in this thread; maybe some of the content there is helpful:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/widebody-builds-of-mustang-gt.152711/

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It's not my type of thing, but I'll have to admit that it looks pretty badass.

widebody.jpg

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
14 inch wide front wheels with like 395 tires.

16 inch wide rear wheels with tire widths higher than I can count.

How exciting.

Sponsored

OP
OP

karter274

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt premium 2

the factory tire sizes are 19 x 10.5-inch front and 19 x 11-inch rear. so I'm guessing ill need 12 wide for the front and back. the front may need 1.5 spacers and 3-inch spacers in the rear. the only problem is I don't know how the spacers will hold up with all the power I'm trying to throw at it.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
the factory tire sizes are 19 x 10.5-inch front and 19 x 11-inch rear. so I'm guessing ill need 12 wide for the front and back. the front may need 1.5 spacers and 3-inch spacers in the rear. the only problem is I don't know how the spacers will hold up with all the power I'm trying to throw at it.
I (personally) wouldn't go that far with spacers. Slip on spacers are best/safest and I don't know of lugs long enough to support that. Unless your building a static show car or something that you are constantly going to maintain (like airplanes & helicopters). Much like what @Dana Pants was saying I would probably go with a 12 up front and a 14-16 in the rear.

Again, offset will be key.

One thing to think about is the OEM size wheels/tires will look hilariously small proportionally to a widebody car that is adding 7.2" to the front and 9.4" to the rear.

Another thing to think about is you might have to cut your fenders. My 11's up front chewed up my fender liners. With a 12" wide front and aggressive negative offset you are changing the geometry of your wheel/tire movement outwards creating a larger turning area. Some milder kits don't need it but I've seen it done in many other more aggressive applications.

Good luck OP and keep us posted on your progress!

Todd
Sponsored