Sponsored

Why would you buy a USED Mustang?

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
... you've only had 1 oil change in 55,000 miles?
No that's what a Carfax would say. I just don't take it to anyone for any kind of service I do all maintenance myself.
Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I wouldn't hesitate to buy used if I could find the right car. I would be particular about what I would, buy, cause I have the ability to buy new if needed. But for a car that is not a daily driver if I could save 15k or so on a 2-3 year old car I would definitely give it a good hard look

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
I agree, the 24 is butt ugly inside and out. They ruined the car, and that dash is horrible

Looks like a Camaro🤮
and tbh, I loved my camaro rental back in ‘17 (SS vert)

ill be honest, if they keep mycolor, I might be tempted, but they’ll probably do boring ass white like everyone else at this point

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Because the first owner takes it in the shorts on depreciation for one thong. For another, I bought the 16 with a VMP 2.3 already installed and tuned. Only paid what an unmodded 16 GT convertible would have cost. To summarize, you get value for a good price by buying used.

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I have no issues buying used. Like some have said, you really do your diligence when buying a car period. Some who buy new end up with a issues also. But really for me the mustang was a car i have just liked for a while. It was never about the performance as im not a major performance type of guy. I really just liked the looks. I ended up winning though with my purchase the car was well maintained relative low miles and some things done to it that i can appreciate.

TRM99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, '19 Lincoln MKC,'16 F150, 65 Malibu SS
Stumbled into this 2018 premium being sold by the son of his 94 year old dementia-stricken dad, who bought it new locally. 2,600 miles, still smelled new inside, nearly a year left on 5/50,000 warranty. $13,460 off MSRP.
IMG_2885.jpeg

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I bought my 2017 when it had 3000 miles on it. The previous owner was older and had problems with getting in and out. Perfect condition.
Similar situation with mine but it had 8k miles. Clutching killed the guys knees so he swapped for an A10.

I’ve only ever bought a couple of new cars. Both had financing incentives that made it more appealing than buying slightly used. I doubt Ford ever has to offer incentives to get rid of Mustangs.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I’ve bought 10 Mustangs in 31 years.

Only 1 was “new”.

I will never buy “new” again…..

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I just bought a used 2016 GT Premium PP about 3 weeks ago. It only had 16k miles on it and all service records every 3-4k miles over the years, 1 owner. It was basically brand new, came with a lifetime power train warranty and a 100k mile no time limit bumper to bumper warranty. Can’t get a new one with that for anywhere near what I paid for this one.

Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
I would more than happy to buy the cheapest secondhand Ecoboost mustang if literally thats all I could afford that was in reasonable condition

id rather have one then not have one

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
No that's what a Carfax would say. I just don't take it to anyone for any kind of service I do all maintenance myself.
I’m the same way with my maintenance. Unfortunately, in order for me to keep the lifetime power train warranty on this one, I have to have it serviced at one of their dealerships at the manufacturer recommended service intervals, or every 6 months, which ever comes first. If that’s what it takes to get the engine or transmission replaced should they ever give up on me, I’ll do it.

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
to be honest I wouldnt touch any high performance car over 30 K miles and with out a warranty ..Basic GT mustangs are cheap enough to buy new, but any Shelby I wouldnt touch over 25-30k miles tbh especially on a boosted vehicle... well I say that but I bought a 04 lightning with 134K miles on it and it will still roast the tires off that thing and run like a raped ape ..

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Was lucky with my 2019 GT350. Had 1,900 miles, and top and underneath was in 100% perfect condition. Couldn't tell it from a new car. They had it on a lift as I requested, prior to examing prior to purchase. Also, got it for an excellent price of $58K. Happened to buy it when prices were at their lowest. Kona Blue w/white stripes.

IMG_3226.JPG

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I've never understood why folks buy used Mustangs, or any type of high powered sports/performance vehicles.

Thanks.
Depends on who you buy it from. I would for sure want to know who owned and drove it, and how they maintained it. If we are talking about Steve Acneface, I don't want his car since it's probably been run to 7,500 rpm 10 times a day since it was new. Maybe the oil has been changed but the clutch is on its last legs and the interior smells like weed. On the other hand, were I to sell you my car, you'd be hard pressed to tell it from new. It's been driven gently, never raced, never power shifted, redlined very sparingly, maintained per the Owner's Manual by the dealer, and so on. Big difference.
Sponsored