Sponsored

Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Okay, I give up. Can't reason with fanboys, just like I thought :). But with that mentality, anything is a bargain then... and you're the suckers that keep ADM alive. Ha ha. I paid $43K for my new $51,880 Bullitt, and I barely consider that a bargain. This is one of the worst fanboys sites I've seen, along with the corvetteforum. But that's what the ignore feature is for, which is getting exercised quite a bit. I'm out of here.
You never bothered to look up the word bargain did you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, f150 lariat supercrew, Audi S5 Cabriolet
Okay, I give up. Can't reason with fanboys, just like I thought :). But with that mentality, anything is a bargain then... and you're the suckers that keep ADM alive. Ha ha. I paid $43K for my new $51,880 Bullitt, and I barely consider that a bargain. This is one of the worst fanboys sites I've seen, along with the corvetteforum. But that's what the ignore feature is for, which is getting exercised quite a bit. I'm out of here.
A. Why are you here if you’re not a fan?
B. I don’t know why you would assume I would pay ADM. I won’t pay it and never even suggested such.
C. Why do you feel the need to “reason” with others who have zero impact on your life?

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1/Power Pack 2
Two very attractive features for anyone who tracks their car: Added coolers for engine, transmission and differential. The diff will get hot on a track day, at least it did for me. Exhaust pipes are very close to the diff. I have upgraded the diff oil and had the exhaust wrapped ahead and aft of where the pipes pass the diff. That seemed to help...get that diff fluid above 300 F I believe is the limit, the car goes into reduced power mode. The other biggie for me, were I in the market, the Tremac 6 speed, sweet.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I was not slamming the Itself looks like a nice car, I was talking about the price. I just can't see the value in 30k more. Sure your going to get a few nicer bits I realize that. BUt it's still a mustang the same car we all drive. Which I might add the bits and mods to it exactly the way you want and get your own custom beast. at the end of the day our 2 cars could be sitting side by side and the onlyreal differance is mach one badgeing. Sure it's got features for track use, but if you don't track then why do you want to pay for it. My main complaint was 60k price tag just that simple. I just don't think there is 30k worth of value over my 30k car. It's a forum I was just giving my humble opinion.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
When I traded my 13 GT Brembo package for my 19 PP2, a friend of mine tried to get me to get me to pass on the trade. He said that within a year or two Ford would come out with something even better to get me to trade again. I knew he was right, but I traded anyway for reasons I won't get into.
Well danged if Ford didn't do what he said they would do. By coming out with the Mach 1, and Mach 1 HP, They are building the car I really wanted, and badging has nothing to do with it. They added decent transmissions, and a few other things that I would like to have. I'd definitely take a Mach 1 HP over a GT 350 just for the reliability and low end torque of the Coyote 5.0 over the Voodoo.
Fortunately I won't be trading anytime soon, and maybe never. I just don't need or have to have the added upgrades the Mach 1 has at this time. That may change though.

Oh, and if I had a Bullit, I wouldn't be casting stones about paying extra for badging on a Mach 1.

Think I'll go for a drive in mine and the bank's Mustang. It's a pretty day.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I'll take the bait. and tell you why it's a good deal for the umpteenth millionth time. Try putting the Tremec in your GT. Then try adding coolers to the rear diff. Then try adding the toll links and all the other parts to your GT. let's see how that works out and make sure that rev matching works. Yes do the math. Because you are totally in 100% wrong. And there's already a hate Mach 1 thread to go to to dump on. I'm going to guess you're just jealous that you either can't or don't want to buy one.

In fact go do the math on making the Tremec work with rev matching on your GT and tell me how much it costs. Then put all the other parts on and charge for labor. And then take a look at the depreciation you'll have when you sell the car because it's not stock. Tired of these people that don't know what they're talking about.
Tremac is doable I think there is a post about putting a Tremac from GT350 into the GT and it cost around 3500-4000$. But if you are chainging do yourself a favor and spend 6000$ for a Magnum XL much better trans for the track. Rear diff cooler is another 1600$. You can have Magneride Handling Package with the PP2/GT350 calibration for another 1000$. Toe links you can go with adjustable aftermarket once like Steeda for like 250$.

To be fair Mach 1 have unique parts like the bellypan, front splitter, rear spoiler and the 4" exaust tips and sure you are going to have a complete package out of the factory.

Mach 1 is a bargain because it's offer a great package for just a few thousand dollars more. However you can achieve same or better performance with a Base GT you just need to know how to spend it. People done it with the PP1 buying Base and upgrading to PP1 or better no reason to not be done with the Mach 1. After all it's just a parts bin special car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I chose the word "bargain" based on the definition of it as a verb:
"to anticipate as likely to occur; expect (usually followed by a clause)"
I bargained the title of the post would generate a lively conversation. I anticipated and fully expected it as likely to occur.

I'm not defending anything.
Have to admit that I'm not seeing how "It comes complete with an attractive front end, unlike the hideous catfish face of the 2018-current regular mustangs." makes for a bargain. If you dislike the 2018-up Mustang's appearance from the front that much it's already a deal-breaker. Not being a deal breaker merely keeps the Mach 1 on your short list.

As far as "bargain" goes, if the Mach 1 comes equipped the way you want your Mustang to be equipped, and which cannot be duplicated for comparable money (or at all, which is true in a couple of respects), then it would be by definition a bargain. Bargain is not being defined in absolute terms here. Nor should it be.

Norm

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
I was not slamming the Itself looks like a nice car, I was talking about the price. I just can't see the value in 30k more. Sure your going to get a few nicer bits I realize that. BUt it's still a mustang the same car we all drive. Which I might add the bits and mods to it exactly the way you want and get your own custom beast. at the end of the day our 2 cars could be sitting side by side and the onlyreal differance is mach one badgeing. Sure it's got features for track use, but if you don't track then why do you want to pay for it. My main complaint was 60k price tag just that simple. I just don't think there is 30k worth of value over my 30k car. It's a forum I was just giving my humble opinion.
You probably turn your own wrenches and have an understanding of suspension dynamics, and are willing to work on your own car. I admire that. Modern car technology left me many years ago, and trying to modify or work on my own car would be like paying the mechanic twice for something I fuxed.
I traded my 13 GT Brembo because I wanted to make some suspension modifications, because my wife thought it was too stiff, and I thought it was too soft. Then I had to ask myself if I really knew what I was getting into, and what the consequences could be. That's about time the PP2 with magnaride came out. A much more expensive, but safer option to my problem, and I didn't have to turn a wrench or accept responsibility and pay for my ignorance.
Now I have a PP2. I compare it against the Mach 1's and I can't make myself trade, even though it has valuable upgrades over my PP2. They just aren't enough. If I still had the 13 GT. I'd be scheming a way to end up with a Mach 1 by the end of the year.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Tremac is doable I think there is a post about putting a Tremac from GT350 into the GT and it cost around 3500-4000$. But if you are chainging do yourself a favor and spend 6000$ for a Magnum XL much better trans for the track. Rear diff cooler is another 1600$. You can have Magneride Handling Package with the PP2/GT350 calibration for another 1000$. Toe links you can go with adjustable aftermarket once like Steeda for like 250$.

To be fair Mach 1 have unique parts like the bellypan, front splitter, rear spoiler and the 4" exaust tips and sure you are going to have a complete package out of the factory.

Mach 1 is a bargain because it's offer a great package for just a few thousand dollars more. However you can achieve same or better performance with a Base GT you just need to know how to spend it. People done it with the PP1 buying Base and upgrading to PP1 or better no reason to not be done with the Mach 1. After all it's just a parts bin special car.
Who wants a base car? A premium PP1 with magneride, blah, blah is $54K. Just got to Ford's Build and Price. Good grief. Similarly equipped Mach I is 58K.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The problem Zane is that you keep beating us over the head with your opinion (which you are totally entitled too). It's OK, you love your car and it only cost 30K My 19' GT/CS cost over $40K and is worth every penny more than what your car cost, for me. Those who are buying a Mach 1 feel that their new car is worth $30k more than your car. Is it? Now for you or me to say. Time to move on. Please!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Who wants a base car? A premium PP1 with magneride, blah, blah is $54K. Just got to Ford's Build and Price. Good grief. Similarly equipped Mach I is 58K.
If it’s only for track car you don’t need all the additional weight of the Premium package.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If it’s only for track car you don’t need all the additional weight of the Premium package.
Who says it's only a track car? I've modded several s550s. This is about a great car. A culmination of Fords best effort. Go ahead and buy a stripper and mod it. That's not what this car is about. Read the many posts again and you'll get it.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from a drive in the Mustang with the Mrs. in the co-pilot seat. What a great day. Clear skies, warm temperatures, twisty country roads, and good scenery. Just a good day overall. Can't wait to do it again.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Who says it's only a track car? I've modded several s550s. This is about a great car. A culmination of Fords best effort. Go ahead and buy a stripper and mod it. That's not what this car is about. Read the many posts again and you'll get it.
I do get it but all the mods on the Mach 1 are for making it better on the track. The Tremac, the Handling package, the oil, diff and trans coolers all of this is to have more capable car on the track probably drop a few or more seconds of lap times with an equivalent PP1. This though don't make it a bargin at 60 000$ a bargin track car is a Stripper with only the mods you want. You can get a better track car for less money than a Mach 1 and at the track the only thing that count is lap times and a Premium car is a lot more heavier than a base car. Is the Mach 1 Premium lighter than a PP1 Premium sure because the Tremac is lighter. Is a PP1 Base with better wheels, oil, diff coolers and Power Pack faster than a Mach 1 Premium on a track sure as it's same car but with less weight.
Sponsored