Sponsored

Why is everyone buying the replica GT500 rear diffusers instead of OEM?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

5.0Rvr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium,32 Ford Roadster,13FLTRX
You got it. I ordered it.
Semp1. Thanks for posting the link. I hadn’t given it any thought until I saw this thread , but it looks like a cool mod. l barely have 1 K miles on my 20 GT but I have a hard time passing up a close out deal. I need to see pictures of the back of some Cars with the diffuser.
I wonder how difficult it is to install. Thanks again, B.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Semp1. Thanks for posting the link. I hadn’t given it any thought until I saw this thread , but it looks like a cool mod. l barely have 1 K miles on my 20 GT but I have a hard time passing up a close out deal. I need to see pictures of the back of some Cars with the diffuser.
I wonder how difficult it is to install. Thanks again, B.
It’s not a “close out deal”. Just so you know. The diffuser comes with the “close out panel”. Lol. But happy you are able to put good use to the link.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This link here has the whole kit made to be fully compatible with an 18+ S550 and includes the under carriage close out panel. Sure it’s a few dollars more but it’s OEM and guaranteed perfection.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/gt500diffuserkit.html
Thanks for posting this!
You got it. I ordered it.
If one of you two guys get it. Please create a thread and do a photo shoot of your install progress. I would love to get this rear diffuser for my car. The rear just looks so much better with the GT500 diffuser. :inlove:

5.0Rvr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Semp1 , I stand corrected , what I meant was it’s a 16% Discount and a savings is $100 + according to the link.
Real markdown or not, it makes you feel like you are getting a good deal. I should probably invest in a good Radar Detector and some other more important mods before one of those. I need to find a YouTube video of the install of it first anyway. Thanks

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You just missed out on the Amazon sale for the Uniden R7 radar detector for $374 over the past weekend.

Thanks Semp1 , I stand corrected , what I meant was it’s a 16% Discount and a savings is $100 + according to the link.
Real markdown or not, it makes you feel like you are getting a good deal. I should probably invest in a good Radar Detector and some other more important mods before one of those. I need to find a YouTube video of the install of it first anyway. Thanks

5.0Rvr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
You just missed out on the Amazon sale for the Uniden R7 radar detector for $374 over the past weekend.
That figures , my luck , a day late and a dollar short.
No Problem though I just bought a R7 online from the Local Best Buy W/free shipping for $439.00 .
I just had a Close Encounter yesterday with the local Law but got Lucky and summer is still a couple months away. Scary .

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kind of aftermarket replacement part you describe is usually of inferior quality because the only reason it exists is the lower cost vs. OEM. Your link is to a "custom kit," (not actual OEM replacement for a real GT500 ,which presumably would not fit). I doubt one can assume it's better than any and all aftermarket versions.
I had said I would post the part and pic of the OEM diffuser and close out panel once when it was received for all to see since I think some weren’t sure if it would be a replica or not based on the fact that they used the word “kit”. So like I said the parts are all OEM so feel free if anyone is interested to use the link I supplied. I have used them many times for parts they are also a dealership in the area and are very trustworthy in regards to OEM parts.

7EF035EA-639F-4E6F-BA7A-006EE85A29F9.jpeg

DAA15982-92AF-4625-8724-63B5C74F355B.jpeg

90DD4F10-37B1-42B3-B0F8-6AF7CCFF5405.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I had said I would post the part and pic of the OEM diffuser and close out panel once when it was received for all to see since I think some weren’t sure if it would be a replica or not based on the fact that they used the word “kit”. So like I said the parts are all OEM so feel free if anyone is interested to use the link I supplied. I have used them many times for parts they are also a dealership in the area and are very trustworthy in regards to OEM parts.

7EF035EA-639F-4E6F-BA7A-006EE85A29F9.jpeg

DAA15982-92AF-4625-8724-63B5C74F355B.jpeg

90DD4F10-37B1-42B3-B0F8-6AF7CCFF5405.jpeg
That's nice! So you picked it up or had it delivered? I really want to buy this kit but I am guessing that shipping it to Canada is going to cost as much as the parts.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's nice! So you picked it up or had it delivered? I really want to buy this kit but I am guessing that shipping it to Canada is going to cost as much as the parts.
I had it delivered. I’m not sure if they ship to Canada. Try and see what the cost is. The shipping is expensive. But the price of everything combined stil came to less than msrp.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And for any questions in regards to fitment. The GT500 has the same bumper as a GT it all fits.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I had it delivered. I’m not sure if they ship to Canada. Try and see what the cost is. The shipping is expensive. But the price of everything combined stil came to less than msrp.
I ordered a Ford Performance Tune kit from LevittownFord. Shipping on that was $95 U.S. by US Post. The box was massive but no-where the size or weight of the rear diffuser! It's also probably beyond their maximum package size.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a Ford Performance Tune kit from LevittownFord. Shipping on that was $95 U.S. by US Post. The box was massive but no-where the size or weight of the rear diffuser! It's also probably beyond their maximum package size.
The box wasn’t that big as you can see. It was all in 1 box each part individually wrapped in protectant and other parts and brackets in sealed ford bags. I believe shipping was $85. But in the end less than msrp total.

12C35EB4-AF58-42CB-98F3-C2EC1508FF61.jpeg

Last edited:

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I have the MP Concepts GT500 "Style" one because the body shop could get it quicker that the O.E. GT one. If timing had not been an issue, I'd rather have the O.E. one but, the aftermarket one fits fine.

This is a commuter car for me. No matter how precious I am about it, it's going to get rear-ended... or smashed by a Home Depot cart... or whatever.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
This is a good deal since I guess my GT does not even have a close out panel. this pack gives you the close out panel as a bonus since other aftermarket offerings is just the diffuser piece.

Does the close out panel add any benefits or just clean up by just covering the rear area?

Id like to see someone with this and stock exhaust. or some 4" exhaust because the GT500 has 5"? I fear if I put this panel on, it would make my tips appear more tiny over the stock diffuser even I have Borla double walled 4" tips
Sponsored