Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
The vehicles can show you the tire psi at all 4 corners, but not the spare.
Ya ya, I know many vehicles today don't come with one or it is an extra cost option.
But it be nice if for those with one or add one could have it listed on the menu with the other 4.
Sponsored

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
The vehicles can show you the tire psi at all 4 corners, but not the spare.
Ya ya, I know many vehicles today don't come with one or it is an extra cost option.
But it be nice if for those with one or add one could have it listed on the menu with the other 4.
This is a really good idea. Most people completely ignore the spare and when they really need it, it’s flat lol.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Personally I would really like to know tire temp too!

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
To conserve the life of the battery in a TPMS sensor they typically don't transmit data until tire reaches a certain rotational speed therefore the technology wouldn't work on your spare until you cue it up via tire rotation...

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
To conserve the life of the battery in a TPMS sensor they typically don't transmit data until tire reaches a certain rotational speed therefore the technology wouldn't work on your spare until you cue it up via tire rotation...
I don't know about that.
When I had to use my full sized spare on my Winter car/suv and had the flat fixed and it was in the back of the vehicle for a month because of the weather, and it showed the psi of that tire on the dash, and it was laying flat behind the 2nd row seats for at least a month.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I don't know about that.
When I had to use my full sized spare on my Winter car/suv and had the flat fixed and it was in the back of the vehicle for a month because of the weather, and it showed the psi of that tire on the dash, and it was laying flat behind the 2nd row seats for at least a month.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system

"... To save energy and prolong battery life, many dTPMS sensors do not transmit information when parked (which eliminates spare tire monitoring) or apply a more power expensive two-way communication which enables wake-up of the sensor. "
Sponsored