This is why we have auto-lock doors..

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
so if key fob is in your pocket and you are behind the wheel, and someone tries to open the door if its locked, will it let them? that is the question
No it won't cuz you're the one with the fod in your pocket.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
so if key fob is in your pocket and you are behind the wheel, and someone tries to open the door if its locked, will it let them? that is the question
No it will not let the doors open from outside. From the inside, just pull the door handle and the locked door opens.

Glen H.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
i have a 16' gt with enhanced security package,when i leave the car with the fob,without doing anything,it's locked when i try opening it with the fob in the house.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have a 16' gt with enhanced security package,when i leave the car with the fob,without doing anything,it's locked when i try opening it with the fob in the house.
Strange ... my 15 with enhanced security system will not lock itself if the FOB is away. I take it that's what you're saying. Don't think there is a setting for that unless Ford changed something between 15 and 16 models.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What new car doesn't have autolocks?

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I don't think so. I think the key can sense when it's in the car as opposed to just outside the car. I believe I've had to open the passenger door to let people in even though the key was on me, but I could be mistaken.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Strange ... my 15 with enhanced security system will not lock itself if the FOB is away. I take it that's what you're saying. Don't think there is a setting for that unless Ford changed something between 15 and 16 models.
once you close the door and the lights go off after 20 seconds i think, you will see a red light come on by the door, that means its locked
but I always double check with the lock button
if the car is going below 20mph i think the doors are not locked

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Do auto locking vehicles have impact sensors so they'll unlock in a crash? A local family burned to death a few years ago because rescuers couldn't get in.

Sponsored

andrewauto65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Not to get off topic, but do our cars auto lock when they are parked and you walk away from the car?

i wish they auto locked or at least had the option.. my wifes mazda 3 has the dang option
I wish they at least had the option as well. My wifes jetta has the option. It is convenient if you ever forget to lock the car when running into the store.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What new car doesn't have autolocks?
Yeah the news story is a good example of idiot criminals who were foiled, right?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
once you close the door and the lights go off after 20 seconds i think, you will see a red light come on by the door, that means its locked
but I always double check with the lock button
if the car is going below 20mph i think the doors are not locked
Are you saying that the EU models will lock themselves after shutdown by simply closing the doors with the FOB out of the car? I know for a fact my 2015 will not lock itself, and don't think there is any setting to make it do that.

US modes auto-lock the doors if the car is traveling greater then 12 MPH (per the owner's manual).

OP
OP

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Do auto locking vehicles have impact sensors so they'll unlock in a crash? A local family burned to death a few years ago because rescuers couldn't get in.
Yes. RTFM. j/k. but yes. :cheers:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Are you saying that the EU models will lock themselves after shutdown by simply closing the doors with the FOB out of the car? I know for a fact my 2015 will not lock itself, and don't think there is any setting to make it do that.

US modes auto-lock the doors if the car is traveling greater then 12 MPH (per the owner's manual).
see my Sig, I don't have a Euro Stang, I have a kick-ass California Special :D
will only lock if you press the handle or press the lock button on the remote
Not sure if the S197 auto locked, cant remember
Sponsored