Sponsored

Why do American Muscle's prices change so sporadically?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So new to buying mustang parts and I noticed American Muscles prices seem to change on a whim. I looked at some tail lights that were 299 and by time I got around to ordering they were 349 and after I ordered about an hour later they were 399. I have seen many items on their sight just change prices up and down it seems for no reason or promotion or anything. I can't seem to understand their pricing structure. Not talking bad about them just trying to understand. Are there times that are better then others to order or is it always random? Anyone else who orders from them can let me in on the system of what works or is it all a crapshoot? Im just not use to a aftermarket parts company who changes their prices so frequently. Seems hourly on some stuff.
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
So new to buying mustang parts and I noticed American Muscles prices seem to change on a whim. I looked at some tail lights that were 299 and by time I got around to ordering they were 349 and after I ordered about an hour later they were 399. I have seen many items on their sight just change prices up and down it seems for no reason or promotion or anything. I can't seem to understand their pricing structure. Not talking bad about them just trying to understand. Are there times that are better then others to order or is it always random? Anyone else who orders from them can let me in on the system of what works or is it all a crapshoot? Im just not use to a aftermarket parts company who changes their prices so frequently. Seems hourly on some stuff.
Law of supply and demand

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon games their pricing. I generally have no objection to AM pricing but just do some cross-checking against CJ Pony, Lethal, LMR etc. Some store backend software has 'AI' that will gauge "interest level" and jank with the pricing - no clicks in a while, keep lowering price. lots of recent clicks keep raising the price.

Deleted member 35786

Agree with what others are saying.
Another factor is a substantial amount of those parts and items are made overseas. So prices can fluctuate based on currency exchange/shipping/manufacturing rates as with the tariffs that are being implemented and then countered by whatever those countries see fit.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Amazon games their pricing. I generally have no objection to AM pricing but just do some cross-checking against CJ Pony, Lethal, LMR etc. Some store backend software has 'AI' that will gauge "interest level" and jank with the pricing - no clicks in a while, keep lowering price. lots of recent clicks keep raising the price.
Interesting , I came from Honda and with parts for it basically a specific intake is 409.00 no matter where or when you look. Its been that price for past year and half. Most aftermarket parts for it are that way. Mustang, a paticular part can be from 50 to 300 from 60 different places and then that price changes day to day. I guess I just got to adjust to the new eco system. Thanks for info, still a new owner and getting use to the different culture around these cars. Ill get with it soon :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Agree with what others are saying.
Another factor is a substantial amount of those parts and items are made overseas. So prices can fluctuate based on currency exchange/shipping/manufacturing rates as with the tariffs that are being implemented and then countered by whatever those countries see fit.
I understand all that, same as any market. Guess I should have been more specific with my time frame :). I can understand price changes from week to week or even maybe day to day. But im talking about the prices seem to change by the hour and with each visit to the site. The markets you mention would not have by the hour effects like that. But as I explained to the other member Im new back to mustangs I have to get reacquainted with the culture. I came from Honda and with them at least the mods I bought over two years never changed price. Doesn't matter who sold it or when or over what period of time. The price I paid for mods are still the prices today no matter who or where you buy it from, they dont change unless a sale.. Guess coming to Mustang parts and seeing prices all over the place and changed so frequently was just a bit jarring. It's all good I'm not complaining per say I was just confused and thought maybe there was trick I was missing. I have been on several Mustang parts sites and seemed just from what I saw that AM was the only one changing prices so much, the others seems fairly consistent. At least with the parts I viewed.

Thanks for the info.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
It's really only AM that has that kind of fluctuation. Other sites have weekly sales that affect prices, but AM prices can change on a daily or even hourly basis, like you said. I just got an item that was typically on clearance for $58 and dropped for a day down to $15. Just keep an eye on clearance items that you want and nab them at the right time.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It's really only AM that has that kind of fluctuation. Other sites have weekly sales that affect prices, but AM prices can change on a daily or even hourly basis, like you said. I just got an item that was typically on clearance for $58 and dropped for a day down to $15. Just keep an eye on clearance items that you want and nab them at the right time.
Ok glad im not the only one then that noticed it. Yeah didnt really see it with other sites either

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Agree with everyone above. You can also try some VPN or clearing your cookie shenanigans. A lot of these computer pricing algorithms use your history to jack with the prices. If your ever shopping for airline tickets, hotels, or something on Amazon try to clear your history/cookies and see the price difference. Using a VPN to move your location can also help.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Agree with everyone above. You can also try some VPN or clearing your cookie shenanigans. A lot of these computer pricing algorithms use your history to jack with the prices. If your ever shopping for airline tickets, hotels, or something on Amazon try to clear your history/cookies and see the price difference. Using a VPN to move your location can also help.
Oh... good tip. Thanks.

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
eBay is notorious for extreme price fluctuations. The sellers have bots that read last-sale prices on items they stock, and adjust theirs up and down to keep them in the trigger-pull area. I love, love, love my Microsoft Trackball Explorer, and look at the spreads within these offers. And this. They were $59.95 when current, lo these many years ago.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
eBay is notorious for extreme price fluctuations. The sellers have bots that read last-sale prices on items they stock, and adjust theirs up and down to keep them in the trigger-pull area. I love, love, love my Microsoft Trackball Explorer, and look at the spreads within these offers. And this. They were $59.95 when current, lo these many years ago.
That is too funny, I too am in love with the Microsoft trackman marble. And yes the prices on those things is nuts. Microsoft made hands down the best pointing devices. I have been using mine 15 plus years now. And if and when you find one it is 150.00 plus on ebay.

But Ebay is a different beast then a aftermarket website. Hundreds of thousands of sellers there in one place not just one. So expect price to be all over the place there.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If the price jumps on internet site search next time you look, try clearing your cache and cookies {as suggested before #9}. You may find the price drops back to where you originally saw it.
Sponsored