• Watchers 7

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I like the noise I get with my DV+ and Cobb CAI. More noise than that would probably be too much for my liking.

CanadianStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philippe
Vehicle(s)
FORD MUSTANG ECOBOOST 2015 AT NO PP.
Its just the same as having a boomba blowoff on top of your db+ , but better quality since it’s just one piece .

Sounds the same as any other vent-to-atmosphere bypass

I may order one

Im currently using a rub chair on my intake tube for the blow off sound . I heard it was as loud as any other bypass ; is it true ?

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Question. What is the performance function of a blow off valve?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member

Stock our cars come with an electronically controlled Diverter valve not a BOV. BOV's are usually vacuum operated, but they both do the same thing. The problem with the stock unit, is the plunger/spring that keep it closed are pretty weak stock and it is a weak point for a boost leak at higher PSI's. So you're not gaining HP with an aftermarket one, as much as you are making sure that you don't have any boost leaks when you start making more power. Go Fast Bits make a insert (the DV+) that replaces the stock plunger/spring that is inside the stock DV, thus preventing boost leaks while maintaining the stock electronic operation.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Stock our cars come with an electronically controlled Diverter valve not a BOV. BOV's are usually vacuum operated, but they both do the same thing. The problem with the stock unit, is the plunger/spring that keep it closed are pretty weak stock and it is a weak point for a boost leak at higher PSI's. So you're not gaining HP with an aftermarket one, as much as you are making sure that you don't have any boost leaks when you start making more power. Go Fast Bits make a insert (the DV+) that replaces the stock plunger/spring that is inside the stock DV, thus preventing boost leaks while maintaining the stock electronic operation.
So my next question is there an after market DV that doesn't deliberately make "the noise". I would like to upgrade the DV but not have the noise if I don't have too.

OP
OP

Deleted member

So my next question is there an after market DV that doesn't deliberately make "the noise". I would like to upgrade the DV but not have the noise if I don't have too.
Yes you get a DV+ from Go fast bits and just keep the hose attached to the stock diverted valve that recirculates to the intake. That way you get the added benefit of the DV+ with no noise.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Blow off valve/bypass valve (aka BOV/BPV) holds pressure in the intake system when under boost, but releases it when not needed to prevent damage to the turbo. There are two primary styles, one that vents to atmosphere, and one that vents to a re-circulation tube. Generally a BOV is VTA, and a BPV is recirc. BOV will make noise when it vents, BPV is quiet since it vents back into the intake. Either style can be controlled either by the ECU or by vacuum.
Sponsored