Sponsored

'

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I regularly go to lumber yard with mine since I traded my Ram in on Mustang.
The space I can carry is 6'6" the same as bed of Ram.

I have carried boards up to12 foot in length, even a single matress and bed.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I regularly throw my 27.5” full suspension MTB in the trunk with the seats down. Width and depth wise it’s honestly wider/comparable to my old Focus ST.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I brought an IKEA 7'+ bookshelf home. Still in the box, but the box was over 7' long. I couldn't believe it fit. I bought rope because I thought I was for sure going to have to tie the trunk closed.

I've also driven 800 miles with 4 wheels and tires INSIDE, luggage for two people, tools, 2+ folding chairs, and 2x helmets in the car. I could see out the rear window pretty well too.

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
I regularly throw my 27.5” full suspension MTB in the trunk with the seats down. Width and depth wise it’s honestly wider/comparable to my old Focus ST.
I put my road bike in the back of my Mustang all the time. Just have to remove the front wheel.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Full suspension 29er fits no problem only have to remove from tire. Wouldn’t of bought the mustang if my MTB didn’t fit.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
These cars are surprisingly roomy, you can hide a few bodies in the trunk. However the back seat needs to be regulated to small children or one adult sitting sideways lol.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
We go to the grocery store all the time, no problem at all. In fact, we can fit more in the rear than her Honda Element.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Practical is a relative term. Depends on what you need vs what the car can actually do. As you've discovered, the Mustang has a nice sized trunk for a car of it's type. I've got the convertible and my trunk is smaller than the fastbacks and I can't fold the rear seat backs like the fastbacks can but I've found it to be more than adequate most of the time. Actually, the biggest problem I've had with the trunk is getting certain items through that odd shaped opening. I've had a couple of boxes so far that would have fit in the trunk easily if I could have gotten them through the opening!

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Still interesting to see how much shit can fit in a s550. Most of the stuff I would not have even tried. Mountain bike...wow.

My 11 year old son will soon out grow that back seat though.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The Mustang is great for a grocery store trip, but c'mon man... They make trucks and big honkin' SUVs for a reason. It isn't so much the depth of an object, it's the height. And then when you can't fit a tall object in the truck or SUV, you get a trailer. There's no way I consider a Mustang the Swiss army knife of vehicles. If you want something fast, it'll most likely be a sports coupe. At this point, buy an old truck or SUV(unless you're Zelek and can afford 2 brand new cars at the same time :rockon: lol) and have it as a back up vehicle to carry whatever your heart desires.
Sponsored