Sponsored

'

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, front tire off and I slide the bike in rear first. I throw a towel over rear bumper so handlebars don’t turn and scratch up rearend
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I remember when my friends and I managed to squeeze 8 people into a new edge back in high school. That was interesting.

I like to joke that, because I'm a male, I'm an expert and fitting large objects into small, tight spaces. Although I suppose the opposite is true for people with trucks :bandit:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Some of you should stop modding the crap out of your Mustangs and take that money and buy a 2nd car/truck. I can fit all kinds of stuff in my Mustang but my Truck does it better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
I remember when my friends and I managed to squeeze 8 people into a new edge back in high school. That was interesting.

I like to joke that, because I'm a male, I'm an expert and fitting large objects into small, tight spaces. Although I suppose the opposite is true for people with trucks :bandit:
That's the kind of dumb stuff you do in HS. Now it's all groceries and luggage and tools.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I don't the issue is with the mechanical reliability of the car. You're on a Mustang forum, a car with style and personality. The Element has about as much swag as my equally reliable Swingline stapler. Many people have no problem owning and driving a simple and practical vehicle. Other people wouldn't be caught dead driving the automotive equivalent of a good stapler.
It's her car and it may end up being my daily at some point, so I don't care. Especially if I don't have to rack up a zillion miles on the Mustang. I have an Accord for those duties now (another stapler lol). It has 314k miles and going strong. Love my reliable staplers!

Thing is, I can go to the grocery store and pick up a few sacks of stuff, which gives me the chance to get he Mustang out and run her.for a short trip. I leave lumber yard trips and events where I have to park in less than ideal circumstances like dirty, unsafe places, etc to the dailies. Let's me pick when and where I drive the Mustang. Perfect setup.

OP
OP

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
It's her car and it may end up being my daily at some point, so I don't care. Especially if I don't have to rack up a zillion miles on the Mustang. I have an Accord for those duties now (another stapler lol). It has 314k miles and going strong. Love my reliable staplers!
My commute car is a Mazda6 stapler. Replacing it with a Fusion next year.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
My GT is a truly daily. We have our 8yo and little babygirl in the backseats. Babygirl is facing backwards, so her seat takes up a lot of space, but luckily my gf can sit pretty far towards the dash and still get out without much trouble. In the trunk we can have a big stroller from EmmaLjunga. This company made some strollers that targeted Denmark, cuz most ppl drive small cars here. I take the top piece off of the baseframe. The wheels off, and then I can push the whole damn thing so far in the trunk that we can change the baby in the trunk at the same time. This is very practical for our little family. Thank You Ford:like:

full.jpg
full.jpg

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
My GT is a truly daily. We have our 8yo and little babygirl in the backseats. Babygirl is facing backwards, so her seat takes up a lot of space, but luckily my gf can sit pretty far towards the dash and still get out without much trouble. In the trunk we can have a big stroller from EmmaLjunga. This company made some strollers that targeted Denmark, cuz most ppl drive small cars here. I take the top piece off of the baseframe. The wheels off, and then I can push the whole damn thing so far in the trunk that we can change the baby in the trunk at the same time. This is very practical for our little family. Thank You Ford:like:
Enjoyed the pics and baby changing diaper pic also -- reminds me of my granddaughter. Good to hear from Denmark.

Sponsored

Janstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2001 Turbocharged Mustang Cobra, 2018 EB
Agreed.. both my boys grew up riding in the back of my Mustang.. Always said it would be a cold day in Hell when I bought a damn minivan..

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Man, everything you said is what sounds impractical about having a mustang as the sole family car with kids, at least to me.
I live in Denmark. We have 150% cartaxes here, so my GT was 110k USD when I got it brand new. I’ve wanted a Mustang for about 20 years. Allways thought they were so badass. So when me and my x split up, I knew it was kinda now or never for me to save up for my dreamcar. So I worked my ass off for two years. It was all I did. Worked with one goal in mind. To own a V8 Mustang.
The Mustang is a rare car here in Denmark. I’ve had mine for two years soon, and in this period I’ve seen just 20 other s550’s.
So I don’t mind us having to ‘struggle’ a bit to get in and out of the car. I have my dreamcar, and I can go places with my family. I’m happy as can be. :-)
And the looks we get when we pull up at carmeets, and two adults, a kid, a baby, and a big stroller pops out of the black beauty is priceless.:crackup:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Lol, you guys make it sound like minivan is the only other option, like SUVs and sedans don't exist. All I was saying was, for me personally, I could never use the mustang as a sole family car with kids.
You're missing the point. It's not a literal minivan, it's anything that people get the minute there's a kid. It's the notion that you have to get rid of the fun car because you can't possibly use it anymore, and you're not a responsible parent unless you have a safe/reliable/respectable stapler. I used to work with a guy who got rid of his Chrysler 300 when his wife got pregnant. He rolled up one day in a minivan, because that's what you do in suburbia. Are you going to tell me you couldn't use a full-size sedan just because it isn't a typical family car?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Some of you should stop modding the crap out of your Mustangs and take that money and buy a 2nd car/truck. I can fit all kinds of stuff in my Mustang but my Truck does it better.
I drive a 2016 Escape everyday but I am getting ready to buy a 2019 F-250 Platinum to replace it.
Sponsored