Sponsored

Who has installed Steeda diff bushings 555-4443 on a 2019 PP1 GT?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The reason I ask is none of the supplied differential pucks match the shape of the rear most passenger side diff bushing. My bushing has two flat sides whereas the Steeda diff puck has small round cut outs. Drivers side was no problem. Is my car a freak? Never heard anyone having a problem like this. The instructions mention removing a metal damper if present, but shows a completely different rubber shape in this position. There are no poly bushings in the kit that fit properly in this hole. @SteedaTech said they are looking into it. I am the only one who has bought the bushing kit for a 2019 perf pack GT and can't install it?. How hasn't this fitment issue been discovered in the last 4 years? Do I have prototype bushings on my car? 🤷‍♂️

20230414_222741-jpg.jpg

Instructions show this is how the bushing should look:
screenshot_20230414-223305_samsung-notes-jpg.jpg

1681689036694.gif

1681689036931.gif
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just cut the rubber out of the stock bushing with a utility knife, no issues so far.
Steeda has contacted me about it. Cutting the bushing will be plan B.

atomicpunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I think on my car only one side was like that, it had a weight bolted on that side. I just threw it in the scrap dumpster.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I think on my car only one side was like that, it had a weight bolted on that side. I just threw it in the scrap dumpster.
Yes. Mine was the same. There was a heavy block of steel (a damper?) at that location. The diff bolt was also bent. So no going back now.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Mine was the same. There was a heavy block of steel (a damper?) at that location. The diff bolt was also bent. So no going back now.
Sounds like you caught it at just the right time - once they snap, it’s difficult / impossible to get the broken piece out without dropping the diff :like:

WD :like:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've posted same exact picture few years back - their bushing must have been for 15-17 cars. Someone from Steeda commented that they'll get back to me (could probably find that thread) and they never did (the answer probably is "we don't make the part that matched new OEM bushings" except the OEM bushings by now are 5 years old).

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I've posted same exact picture few years back - their bushing must have been for 15-17 cars. Someone from Steeda commented that they'll get back to me (could probably find that thread) and they never did (the answer probably is "we don't make the part that matched new OEM bushings" except the OEM bushings by now are 5 years old).
Looks like the instruction sheet was revised recently and they now include 5 red inserts and 5 black? But my kit did not come with the new insert:

1681742800878.png

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Looks like the instruction sheet was revised recently and they now include 5 red inserts and 5 black? But my kit did not come with the new insert:

1681742800878.png
I confirm to have the same issue, please do post back on the resolution as I have same kit sitting on my worktable and not being able to install it.

tj@steeda or somebody else from steeda, please comment on this.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

This is what we have seen & now know as a result of your concerns. There are instances where, from the factory, a subframe for a GT350/500/Mach 1 made its way into a standard Mustang.

I just spoke to Rodney & his 2020 Mustang GT Convertible is one of these unicorns. Prior to March, we did not have a solution for the GT350/500/Mach 1 Subframes - but now we have a kit that is available to those customers - i.e., the two (2) added bushings.

Rodney - for example, had to modify his bushing with a Dremel tool to get it to fit properly as a result of the different subframe in his car. He said it took a few minutes to shave off some of the bushing.

I had Adam reach out to StangTime ... Tosha, if you need to order that specific bushing, then you can speak to our sales team at 1800 950 0774.

To summarize, prior to March - we only sold the bushing inserts for the standard Mustang. At some point, these cars started to be delivered with different subframes - as a result, the standard bushing kit would need to be modified to fit these instances. But now, since we have a solution for Mach 1, etc. - the kit is complete for previous & new customers.

Let me know if I can help assist further.

TJ

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

This is what we have seen & now know as a result of your concerns. There are instances where, from the factory, a subframe for a GT350/500/Mach 1 made its way into a standard Mustang.

I just spoke to Rodney & his 2020 Mustang GT Convertible is one of these unicorns. Prior to March, we did not have a solution for the GT350/500/Mach 1 Subframes - but now we have a kit that is available to those customers - i.e., the two (2) added bushings.

Rodney - for example, had to modify his bushing with a Dremel tool to get it to fit properly as a result of the different subframe in his car. He said it took a few minutes to shave off some of the bushing.

I had Adam reach out to StangTime ... Tosha, if you need to order that specific bushing, then you can speak to our sales team at 1800 950 0774.

To summarize, prior to March - we only sold the bushing inserts for the standard Mustang. At some point, these cars started to be delivered with different subframes - as a result, the standard bushing kit would need to be modified to fit these instances. But now, since we have a solution for Mach 1, etc. - the kit is complete for previous & new customers.

Let me know if I can help assist further.

TJ
Just interested (I have a friend whos coming up against this soon @Tinpot)

So @StangTime also has the square hole and the damper, but do the Mach and Shelby's also come with the damper, or is there a fourth bush option ?
  1. 'Standard' round hole.
  2. 'Standard' square hole with damper.
  3. 'Shelby' flat side.
  4. 'Shelby' flat side square hole with damper.
So your original kit catered for options 1 & 2 and your new kit covers option 1 to 4 ?

If subframes crossed over, I wonder if that worked both ways ... ?

I also wonder if 'standard' and 'shelby' diff bushes came with matched 'standard' and 'shelby' subframe mounts, or if those were also mix n match - it could make it a nightmare for you guys supplying aftermarket bits and a customer not really knowing, until a partial stripdown and / or inspection ... :frown:

If the dot matrix subframe part number dictates what bushes are in each location, it could make a good reference point for you - and that's a quick / easy inspection without lifting the car (if the cars not lowered or the inspector isn't to fat lol), even on a euro with the addiotnal undersealing :like:

Edit : correct description for option 4

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have a feeling that either all 18+ or 18+ Magride cars all had the same, "new" bushing pattern.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I confirm to have the same issue, please do post back on the resolution as I have same kit sitting on my worktable and not being able to install it.

tj@steeda or somebody else from steeda, please comment on this.
As of yet, no contact from their technician Adam. Never heard from him.

I got tired of waiting and did some measuring. I cut 4mm off the side edges on the poly insert down to a depth that matched the round molded notches and checked the fit. It seemed ok.
Then I added the aluminum top-hat piece into that square hole, the poly insert would not seat inside all the way. I tightened the bolt down but the poly insert is sticking out about 1/8" more than the drivers side and the aluminum spacers are bottomed out. The fit on this leaves much to be desired as there is likely a 1/8" void behind the poly bushing. This doesn't provide full support to the rubber portion.

So... the final modification would be to mill off the washer portion of the top-hat to get rid of the extra .13".
20230421_082724.jpg

I will be machining the extra aluminum top-hat that came with the kit to try out over the weekend.

@tj@steeda This kit is advertised for Mustang GT's from 2015 thru 2021 is it not? So really why is it on the consumer to purchase additional parts to make it work? I'm not impressed.

@WD Pro my laser etched subframe part# is JR3C-5K067-HA which from what I have researched IS a Mustang GT subframe. I have the Torsen 3.73 differential. I wonder if that changes what differential bushings get installed?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling that either all 18+ or 18+ Magride cars all had the same, "new" bushing pattern.
Not mine, but I didn't get the damper either.

Use of the damper seems to be really random across the years ?

@WD Pro my laser etched subframe part# is JR3C-5K067-HA which from what I have researched IS a Mustang GT subframe. I have the Torsen 3.73 differential. I wonder if that changes what differential bushings get installed?
I'm a 'EA' subframe on a 20 euro MR car and I got neither damper, square hole or flat side bush :like:

1682082161437.png

Did you come across the EA option when you researched your number ?

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm a 'EA' subframe on a 20 euro MR car and I got neither damper, square hole or flat side bush :like:

1682082161437.png

Did you come across the EA option when you researched your number ?

Lucky you!! Haha
I didn't look for alternate numbers such as yours. I was just confirming that my part# was matching up with other GT models.
Sponsored