Sponsored

Who has gone back to the factory resonator after installing an H or X pipe?

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Im not sure why, but some of the resonator delete cars make that nasty rattle-can sound that reminds me every Tom, Dick and Harry's 1994 Civic after Fast and the Furious came out. Some of them sound fine though?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im not sure why, but some of the resonator delete cars make that nasty rattle-can sound that reminds me every Tom, Dick and Harry's 1994 Civic after Fast and the Furious came out. Some of them sound fine though?
I suspect (although there will always be exceptions in opinions), is thatā€™s the difference is non active, and active exhaust cars.

The rear mufflers have considerably different internal designs.

WD :like:

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Tried H, X and SwitchFire on my Bullitt.
Kept convincing my myself each one sounded better than the last but decided to go back to stock resonator and even though itā€™s quieter it definitely sounds better with its deep rumble sound.
LOUD is hardly ever better as far as sound quality goes unless you simply wanna get recognized and have a penchant for late life deafness with a touch of insanity......I speak from experience.......I'm 77 and say "HUH" a HELL OF A LOT!!:facepalm::curse: šŸ˜„

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I agree. The X & H pipes donā€™t have that deep throaty rumble sound.
Yeah could never get satisfied with the sound.
didnā€™t give the stock exhaust a chance from new and installed h pipe straight away.
but now the stock resonator has broken in it sounds so good.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I agree and donā€™t really know how it can differ from car to car.
im guessing itā€™s all about fueling and cam phaser advancing.

a rich engine generally has a rich, far deeper sound.
Lean engine will be quieter and smoother sounding.

Sponsored

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Had the Bullitt six months thought it quiet. No sound difference between normal, sport or drag. So got ford to do a check they said it was within the normal parameters.
Disliked the quietness compared to its 21 Gt stable mate. Put a Roush H pipe on, now it has the sound i would have expected. When quiet required i turn it to silent.

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
I work at a Mustang specialty shop so i get to hear these cars with various exhaust setups from catless to muffler deletes and i can honestly say I HATE the way these cars sound without cats or a resonator. overly loud obnoxious and dont sound good at all. If your catless i highly recommend the Borla resonator or Magnaflow Tru X resonator.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I work at a Mustang specialty shop so i get to hear these cars with various exhaust setups from catless to muffler deletes and i can honestly say I HATE the way these cars sound without cats or a resonator. overly loud obnoxious and dont sound good at all. If your catless i highly recommend the Borla resonator or Magnaflow Tru X resonator.
would you recommend a borla resonator on a stock Bullitt exhaust system?.
would it make it louder, quieter or no reasonable difference ?.

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
I personally prefer the tru x 11386 over the borla because its smaller. The volume drop off isnt as great as the borla but the sound change is amazing. All the rasp is gone and the car sounds more deep and throaty.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I personally prefer the tru x 11386 over the borla because its smaller. The volume drop off isnt as great as the borla but the sound change is amazing. All the rasp is gone and the car sounds more deep and throaty.
I donā€™t think the tru x is available any more as complete bolt on for a mustang resonator. It would need to be fabricated?.

thanks for the advice

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I donā€™t think the tru x is available any more as complete bolt on for a mustang resonator. It would need to be fabricated?.

thanks for the advice
True the specific fr S550 is not manufactured anymore. Sad they discontinued it.