Who got the most?

OP
OP

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Further data added. Red diamonds indicate orders placed by dealers at the indicated location for cars that already appear on the map as having been fulfilled elsewhere.

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Further data added. Red diamonds indicate orders placed by dealers at the indicated location for cars that already appear on the map as having been fulfilled elsewhere.
Does this mean it was a dealer trade/purchase, or is that separate?

Putz2wood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary LE, WW, AT, #386
attachment.jpg

UPDATED WITH MAP HERE.

For anybody who may have been interested in which individual Ford stores received the most Limited Edition 50th Anniversary cars from Flat Rock, here's the BSD list:

GALPIN - NORTH HILLS, CA

AUTONATION - KATY, TX

SUNRISE - FONTANA, CA

GAUDIN - LAS VEGAS, NV

PLANET - SPRING, TX
BRANDON - TAMPA, FL

SANDY SPRINGS - ATLANTA, GA
KOONS - STERLING, VA
MAC HAIK - HOUSTON, TX
DEAN SELLERS - TROY, MI
I didn't see mine on there. #386 WW AT. I got it from Sames Ford in Corpus Christi, TX. I know that 387 and 388 were both at Autonation in Corpus as well.

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
I didn't see mine on there. #386 WW AT. I got it from Sames Ford in Corpus Christi, TX. I know that 387 and 388 were both at Autonation in Corpus as well.
Looks like they might be stacked - if you look at Corpus Christi, #1804 (KB 6m) has four corners sticking out, I'm assuming there was an auto sold there as well. Dealers who got multiple allocations are stacked on top of each other.

On the original version of the map, you could type in the serial number in the search bar and find one you were looking for even if it had other cars stacked on top of it. The latest version doesn't seem to be allowing the search for a serial number, but only by the dealership name.

Bad Mojo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
A little extra LE trivia. Only 6 cars have serial numbers that reflect their actual production sequence.
I think this is a "trick" trivia. Cars don't have serial numbers, they have VIN numbers. That being said, I would say the first 5 cars are correct, and the last car. The rest were made, parked and numbered after. The first five were distributed with more pomp and circumstance, so they had to be completed and distributed before the rest. The last one was the last one and of course number 1964.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I think this is a "trick" trivia. Cars don't have serial numbers, they have VIN numbers. That being said, I would say the first 5 cars are correct, and the last car. The rest were made, parked and numbered after. The first five were distributed with more pomp and circumstance, so they had to be completed and distributed before the rest. The last one was the last one and of course number 1964.

Nope. My number 275 was built before number 1 (Bill ford) and mine was the 88th one built. I could find the range that all was built on but not the actual number.

For all purposes, serial number is vin number and terms used interchangeably.

Sponsored

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
I'm pretty sure I saw on one of these threads that 1964 was made before the last one made. Maybe they made it early to get to the BJ Auction on time?

Bad Mojo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I have a few names I use for my wife "interchangeably", but if I use the wrong one at the wrong time. It's not good.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I'm pretty sure I saw on one of these threads that 1964 was made before the last one made. Maybe they made it early to get to the BJ Auction on time?

1964 was the last one built. 2/2/15 and was the only car built that day. In fact, the only car built in February. The other 1963 where done before end of January. It's one of the ones that was built in its vin order spot.

The one that was present at the auction was a TT car. The winner of it had the choice of color and trans just like us, but also had the option to have graphics and supercharger. It's a white manual fwiw. I do not know if it was equipped with the graphics and blower or not.

OP
OP

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
No. This is no "trick trivia". "Cars" may not have "Serial Numbers", but the Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Mustangs do. In their particular case, Ford set aside a unique block of VIN numbers for exclusive assignment and chose to make each car's series number (its serial number) the last four VIN digits to represent its status as being one of 1,964.

The Convertible was assigned from its own VIN block from which only one number was assigned. If one wanted to be German levels of anal retentive, the Convertible could be counted among the core group of 1,964 cars and throw off things even further since coupe 1964 indeed was the 1,964th LE Coupe built, but would become the 1,965th built if the Convertible were to be included among them.

Anything other than as first posted is pure, unfounded conjecture.

Nope. My number 275 was built before number 1 (Bill ford) and mine was the 88th one built. I could find the range that all was built on but not the actual number.

For all purposes, serial number is vin number and terms used interchangeably.
Bill Ford's car 0001 was the 152nd built.

No it wasn't. A proxy, if any, was used for public appearances.

Car 1964 was the final LE built and the only car built on 2/2/15.

OP
OP

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
All the suspicions, conjecture and conspiracy theories sure are amusing.

The first car whose assigned serial number actually matched its numerical order in the build sequence is a Kona Blue Manual sold through the Overseas Military Exchange Program, #0503.
Sponsored