Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
My dealership is approximately 20 miles from the rail delivery depot. He used to be able to go to the depot with the proper paperwork and pick up the car without waiting for it to be delivered by the transport truckers when "they" decided to deliver the car. The trucker's Union put a stop to that practice because it deprived the truckers from getting their money to transport the car. You can thank the Union for that!
People get paid to do a job. That they want to do. They show up to do their job and it's not there. Let them do their job.
Sponsored

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
Just spoke with the dealer again about my order . He’s telling me that he spoke with the rep and that my car is waiting on it’s stripes. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I thought the steering wheel was the hold up. Makes no sense why would they not be able to do the striping when the car was being built. I ordered this car in November. Anybody else heard of this?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Just spoke with the dealer again about my order . He’s telling me that he spoke with the rep and that my car is waiting on it’s stripes. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I thought the steering wheel was the hold up. Makes no sense why would they not be able to do the striping when the car was being built. I ordered this car in November. Anybody else heard of this?
I dunno man. It feels like a slow play. I've ordered a couple cars to be built. 3 months was the longest wait. And the dealership always reconfirmed my order with me at various points of the building stage.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I can answer that question for you. The cars that are ordered to be striped are built with the stripe delete cars on the line. The optioned striped car must then go to another building called the "body shop" and they are striped there. Usually takes about two day to get it finished and onto the lot for shipping. There is also a paint quality inspection during the last part of the process and then it is "released for shipping". The steering wheels are now in stock and the current cars being built are getting steering wheels put on just like normal, on the production line. They're still catching up with the cars that were built earlier (mine) and so the delay for some of us. Mine sat for 52 days before it was released. Yours should move right along as they normally do w/o issues. Even though you ordered your car in November 2018, they didn't start production of the 2019's until (approximately) March. You should have the dealer check his computer for the "vehicle visibility report". It will give you accurate info on the car's status in the build process process. Hope this assuages some of your concerns.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
The whole thing with waiting times appears to me to be a Class A Hand Job. I have ordered so many cars, I have lost count, never getting the runaround like this. One day its the steering wheel, another its the Carbon Fiber, now I am hearing its a stripe issue. I am beginning to think this is a Supply and Demand issue. I think Ford was so engrossed in the GT500, they never in their wildest dreams thought there would be this many of us, this pissed. I am giving mine until 6/11. If there is no movement, the only movement will be me cancelling my order and reconsidering my options. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I can answer that question for you. The cars that are ordered to be striped are built with the stripe delete cars on the line. The optioned striped car must then go to another building called the "body shop" and they are striped there. Usually takes about two day to get it finished and onto the lot for shipping. There is also a paint quality inspection during the last part of the process and then it is "released for shipping". The steering wheels are now in stock and the current cars being built are getting steering wheels put on just like normal, on the production line. They're still catching up with the cars that were built earlier (mine) and so the delay for some of us. Mine sat for 52 days before it was released. Yours should move right along as they normally do w/o issues. Even though you ordered your car in November 2018, they didn't start production of the 2019's until (approximately) March. You should have the dealer check his computer for the "vehicle visibility report". It will give you accurate info on the car's status in the build process process. Hope this assuages some of your concerns.
That's a really good point I overlooked. Thinking about it, I ordered my cars while production was going on. Still sucks that customer engagement about the guy's order seems to be customer initiated all the time.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
People get paid to do a job. That they want to do. They show up to do their job and it's not there. Let them do their job.
There are, on average, approximately 10,000 vehicles at the Jessup Md. Train Depot on any given day. I don't think any of the truckers would go on welfare because they missed one vehicle. They usually have six to eight cars on a transport truck predicated on the size of the truck. Kinda petty to get pissy over one car, but I understand that if one dealer does it, then another may do it, and I guess they don't want it to get out of control and become a bigger problem. But for someone who's car has sat in the Flat Rock, Michigan storage lot for 52 days, a few more extra days of waiting is salt in a wound.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info about the striping. I know it will eventually will show up. Just frustrating that its taken this long. I’m sure I won’t see it until sometime in June. I have ordered many cars over the years I’ve never experienced anything even close to this. Last issue I had was a shortage of railcars. held up my order for a few weeks. I guess like everyone else, when it gets here, all will be forgiven.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And for the record I’m picking the car up myself at the Train yard.
Picked up my 2018 F 250 there. They kept having problems getting it delivered to the dealer. truck wouldn’t start one day brakes didn’t work the next.

Sponsored

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Thanks for the info about the striping. I know it will eventually will show up. Just frustrating that its taken this long. I’m sure I won’t see it until sometime in June. I have ordered many cars over the years I’ve never experienced anything even close to this. Last issue I had was a shortage of railcars. held up my order for a few weeks. I guess like everyone else, when it gets here, all will be forgiven.
Hopefully there won’t be a shortage of white vinyl.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Today, Sunday, marks day 65 my car has been sitting in the abyss that is the Flat Rock plant parking lot waiting for that elusive steering wheel.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
There are, on average, approximately 10,000 vehicles at the Jessup Md. Train Depot on any given day. I don't think any of the truckers would go on welfare because they missed one vehicle. They usually have six to eight cars on a transport truck predicated on the size of the truck. Kinda petty to get pissy over one car, but I understand that if one dealer does it, then another may do it, and I guess they don't want it to get out of control and become a bigger problem. But for someone who's car has sat in the Flat Rock, Michigan storage lot for 52 days, a few more extra days of waiting is salt in a wound.
I work for a Class One Railroad. We have an "Auto Facility". Hundreds of vehicles of various makes and models off loaded everyday here in DFW. There are dozens of "authorized" truck carriers that come to the Auto Facility 24/7 with work orders to load up vehicles and transport them to the dealerships. These authorized truck carriers range from large company semi trucks to mom and pop haulers. Dealers need to stay their ass at their dealership. Keep their nose powdered so their jaws can pop up and down to sell cars. They can show up at the Auto Facility if they want but they aren't getting in unless they've gone thru the security, liability, background process and been authorized to step foot inside. While those off loaded vehicles are on rail road property then that rail road is responsible for them.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
And for the record I’m picking the car up myself at the Train yard.
Picked up my 2018 F 250 there. They kept having problems getting it delivered to the dealer. truck wouldn’t start one day brakes didn’t work the next.
That simply doesn't happen at an "Auto Facility" run by a Class One railroad. Security and liability reason. And vehicles don't sit around long either. They move them off the rail cars, park them, and it's not that long before they get loaded onto haulers. It's a pretty smooth operation from my stand point. Sounds like the dealership is/was the problem with respect to finding reliable transport.
Sponsored

Last edited: