Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Took delivery of my 2019 GT350 today.

Ruby Red
Black stripes
Technology Package
Ordered January; April 2019 build

Ford web site order tracking was wrong wrong wrong. Car was delivered to the dealer a week earlier than projected. And the projected date on Ford’s site was always changing.

Don’t know why most cars out there have the optional seats, but the standard seats are not only hugely comfortable but they are gorgeous as well. The embroidery on the sides resembles checkered flags. Seats are extremely handsome.

This car is amazing. The sound is incredible. I was a Ferrari collector for 14 years, and the sound of this engine excites me as much as the engines in my Ferraris did.

About the best shifter I have ever operated, and I have a 2018 911 GT3 Touring (manual transmission), which is reputed to have just about the best transmission. The GT350 transmission takes a back seat neither to the Porsche’s nor to that of any other car.

Couldn’t be happier with this vehicle.
Beautiful color... I ordered the Performance Blue. The Rudy Red was my other favorite, but I already have another red vehicle. Both the Ruby Red and the Performance Blue both seem to change quite a bit with the lighting. The 1st and 2nd photos you posted look remarkably different color-wise. The Performance Blue goes from almost Velocity Blue in the sunshine, to a grayish blue in the shade.

Saying this car "... is amazing." coming from a Ferrari owner and a current GT3 owner speaks volumes of the Shelby. I was already chomping at the bit waiting for delivery... your review is only going to make waiting a little more difficult.

Thanks for the feedback on the order tracking. Based on what you and "Jimichrist" have indicated, I'll just wait 'till I get the call from the dealer.

I also did NOT opt for the optional seats for the same reasons.
Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I ordered mine a week prior to yours. I have the DORA, but I have not received a VIN for tracking purposes. Did the dealer provide the VIN, and how long did it take to get the VIN after placing the order?

Thanks!
I received my VIN on 02/18/2019, It was placed in the order bank on 02/08/19. It started production on 03/22/2019 and was completed on 03/25/2019. Released on 05/15/2019.

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
I received my VIN on 02/18/2019, It was placed in the order bank on 02/08/19. It started production on 03/22/2019 and was completed on 03/25/2019. Released on 05/15/2019.
Congrats. To bad that ford doesn’t have a will call)) My ETA has changed again to pending from 5/21-5/27

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Looks nice!

"Don’t know why most cars out there have the optional seats"

Because some of us are big guys that don't fit in Recaros,

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
I'm thinking the hold up could have been the Recaro seats, because even the cars that landed before mine, that I saw, were optional leather trim seats. Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

VuduBen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 FP Blue, 2015 Durango R/T, 1965 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my order in last week (5/10) for a Performance Blue with white stripes, tech and handling package.

No order confirmation or VIN yet. I really hope I don't have to wait until August to get mine.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Good for you on only 10 DAYS in Order Processing. Wow, your car was in production after only 5 weeks. Nice going!

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm thinking the hold up could have been the Recaro seats, because even the cars that landed before mine, that I saw, were optional leather trim seats. Just my thoughts.
Wish that was the real issue. It was the steering wheels which are unique to the GT350 and other vehicles. The vendor who made the steering wheels, is located in Mexico and they went on strike in February. Ford continued making the cars using temporary steering wheels and storing them in the Flat Rock storage lot. The strike was over at the end of February but the back log was significant. Steering wheels are now in stock but it has taken a long time to install S. wheels on the cars and SUV's sitting in the lots. Thus the long wait for our cars to be released for shipment. Just shows how one part can Bolex up the whole process. The up-graded leather seats with electric adjustments,heated & cooled options, are a desirable choice over the base Recaro's and seem to be more popular.

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Good for you on only 10 DAYS in Order Processing. Wow, your car was in production after only 5 weeks. Nice going!
Just the luck of the draw. However, due to the steering wheel shortage, I found that some cars produced after mine have already been delivered. There seems to be no sense of what the factory is doing.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
It is sad to hear this from those of you waiting. I feel very fortunate to have mine 2 weeks now. I am learning and having so much fun. I did not decide to pursue purchasing a Shelby GT350 until March. Unlike many of you I did not order one, but instead found a handful being delivered to mid Florida dealers that fit my configuration criteria. I limited to 3 color choices - Oxford White with blue stripes (iconic), Kona Blue with white stripes (dramatic) and when I finally saw Velocity Blue in person, I fell in love. I was fortunate the 1st GT350 delivered in Tampa Bay was mine. I tracked 6 VINs and it turned out the Velocity Blue was 1st delivered - so I felt it was meant to be. The dealer worked w/ me on my terms and I got the price I wanted with no markup. Several wanted $5 - $10K. I did not feel the GT350 can warrant that with the R and GT500 being more exclusive. But now that a few have have arrived in dealerships nearby, they are again demanding markups. I know one GT350 the dealer tried to pressure me and claimed he had another buyer - but seems like that buyer walked (or never existed) as the car is on their lot. I think the deprived delivery is elevating the demand and that translates to $$$. I was a bit frustrated in my short (relatively) pursuit and decision to buy. But now it is in my garage, so I cannot imagine the frustration some of you have.

I can say, though mine did not seem to be stockpiled long, it was a filthy mess when it was delivered. I decided to have minimal cleaning done to it as I am having it ceramic coated, tinted and GT350 sill stripes added tomorrow. There were a few minor flaws, which I think occurred from storage and transport, but the ceramic tech has done 4 other cars for me, and he is better at correcting the blemishes before coating. None were worth asking the dealer to address as I am not familiar with the skill of their 'detail' people. If I get home before dark, I will post more pics (as previously requested). But those waiting, I promise you this car will make you giggle like a schoolgirl. Hopefully this delivery debacle will not poison your chance to enjoy this car.

Last edited:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
There are at least 3 GT350s that have arrived in central Florida w/ Recaros. I too believe the steering wheel supply and method to stockpile is the delivery issue. It has affected Explorers as well.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
It is sad to hear this from those of you waiting. I feel very fortunate to have mine 2 weeks now. I am learning and having so much fun. I did not decide to pursue purchasing a Shelby GT350 until March. Unlike many of you I did not order one, but instead found a handful being delivered to mid Florida dealers that fit my configuration criteria. I limited to 3 color choices - Oxford White with blue stripes (iconic), Kona Blue with white stripes (dramatic) and when I finally saw Velocity Blue in person, I fell in love. I was fortunate the 1st GT350 delivered in Tampa Bay was mine. I tracked 6 VINs and it turned out the Velocity Blue was 1st delivered - so I felt it was meant to be. The dealer worked w/ me on my terms and I got the price I wanted with no markup. Several wanted $5 - $10K. I did not feel the GT350 can warrant that with the R and GT500 being more exclusive. But now that a few have have arrived in dealerships nearby, they are again demanding markups. I know one GT350 the dealer tried to pressure me and claimed he had another buyer - but seems like that buyer walked (or never existed) as the car is on their lot. I think the deprived delivery is elevating the demand and that translates to $$$. I was a bit frustrated in my short (relatively) pursuit and decision to buy. But now it is in my garage, so I cannot imagine the frustration some of you have.

I can say, though mine did not seem to be stockpiled long, it was a filthy mess when it was delivered. I decided to have minimal cleaning done to it as I am having it ceramic coated, tinted and GT350 sill stripes added tomorrow. There were a few minor flaws, which I think occurred from storage and transport, but the ceramic tech has done 4 other cars for me, and he is better at correcting the blemishes before coating. None were worth asking the dealer to address as I am not familiar with the skill of their 'detail' people. If I get home before dark, I will post more pics (as previously requested). But those waiting, I promise you this car will make you giggle like a schoolgirl. Hopefully this delivery debacle will not poison your chance to enjoy this car.
Im almost at the end of my wait. Car arrived in my city two days ago and was hoping I might get lucky to have it this weekend but it seems I gotta wait on the delivery guy to deliver it to the dealer sometime next week.

I guess they’re keen on getting my car on EDD rather than early. /s

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Im almost at the end of my wait. Car arrived in my city two days ago and was hoping I might get lucky to have it this weekend but it seems I gotta wait on the delivery guy to deliver it to the dealer sometime next week.

I guess they’re keen on getting my car on EDD rather than early. /s
My dealership is approximately 20 miles from the rail delivery depot. He used to be able to go to the depot with the proper paperwork and pick up the car without waiting for it to be delivered by the transport truckers when "they" decided to deliver the car. The trucker's Union put a stop to that practice because it deprived the truckers from getting their money to transport the car. You can thank the Union for that!
Sponsored