Sponsored

Whipple Metrics

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Making giant power on a dyno is like max loading people in a boat that's tied next to the dock on a pond. Sure, you can fit 16 people in a 12' aluminum flat bottom. Now try taking it out in 3' chop and not have it swamp.

Even stock non forged internals can stand up to massive power with perfect tune/conditions. In the real world, it's not so perfect. Additional load/weight, hot IAT's, back to back rips, questionable fuel, lugging the motor in high gear/low rpm, etc.

After all these years I don't really pay much mind to hero numbers from shops or builds on a dyno. I've watched too many people who wanted their car on the ragged edge, only to stand on the side of the highway kicking rocks wondering if the tow truck was ever going to arrive.
Sponsored

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If mustang A leaves the track going 60 miles per hour and mustang B leaves one hour later going 85 miles per hour, how long will it take mustang B to catch up with mustang A?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
If mustang A leaves the track going 60 miles per hour and mustang B leaves one hour later going 85 miles per hour, how long will it take mustang B to catch up with mustang A?
It wouldnt, cause if its me, they would have to go to the bathroom before catching up!

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you run an e85 tune and get e75 your gonna run a little rich but probably won't blow it up.
Lambda will still be the same. :) STFT's will pull back about 2-3% fueling to maintain targeted lambda.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The smartest route is to tune on E70, that way the car has a full 30 % points of swing without becoming undriveable. I had my tuner final the car on E70,
This is the magic. I can run E65-90 and my STFT's only have a 6% swing.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As long as u test the pump E85 your pretty safe, but a good fuel specific E85 from someone like VP would be better because you know its E85

That said, if your gonna build a fast Mustang, u better run the BEST fuel you can, have a very good tuner, No Cats, Great Fuel System and a 3” Free Flowing Exhaust. I’d also do OPG/CS just to be smart but anything around 800RW on a car you plan to flog, I’d get ready to add a short-block down the road

Susp mods and bigs and littles too
Sponsored