Sponsored

Whipple Mega Cooler

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Were proud to announce the release of our EcoBoost Mega Cooler kits. The biggest intercooler in the industry, bolt on power with no other mods. Also available in a complete kit, featuring 50-state legal EO and SCT BDX tool.
mustang_ecoboost_800.jpg
Mustang EB_R1.jpg
Mustang EB_R2.jpg
Mustang EB_R3.jpg
Before after IAT2.jpg
Sponsored

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Ambiant Temp on the temp charts is always a good thing...
Pricing?
Piping?
Black coating option?

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Pics with front bumper on?

Sponsored

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Wow... if ive ever seen a cash grab in the aftermarket this has got to be one of the worst. The end tank design is so squared off and tall that even if it has internal diverters to guide airflow upward its a huge waste of material. Input and outlet of this design also forces aftermarket charge pipes and to top it off the amount of air flow it blocks to the rad if anything hinders engine cooling. Just no..

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
That is friggin' massive..

You post a dyno pic but no sheet?... Hmm.. skeptical hippo eyes.
hAY2R.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Pics are definitely needed with the bumper on.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Wow... if ive ever seen a cash grab in the aftermarket this has got to be one of the worst. The end tank design is so squared off and tall that even if it has internal diverters to guide airflow upward its a huge waste of material. Input and outlet of this design also forces aftermarket charge pipes and to top it off the amount of air flow it blocks to the rad if anything hinders engine cooling. Just no..
Aftermarket charge pipes? That's funny because it's the same design as the Levels inlet/outlet ports and I use factory location charge pipes with mine. Also, it's about as big as the Levels Race unit and people with those have 0 cooling problems and/or any measurable decreases in performance.

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
  • Increased power with no other mods.
  • Massive Mega Cooler features 287% more surface area than stock intercooler.
  • Massive Mega Cooler features 272% greater volume then stock intercooler.
  • Temperature drops of nearly 90deg F vs stock intercooler.
  • Comes complete with hose and clamps for simple installation.
  • Heavy duty bar and plate construction, won't fail like tube and fin designs.
  • Compatible with other boost enhancers.
  • Compatible with other aftermarket intake systems.
  • Bolt-on performance, no modifications required.
  • Zero cutting of vehicle.
  • Consistent power, run after run.
So, with this not being a "Stepped" intercooler, how is it going to use the factory charge pipes? Hose extensions.
Meh.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
The big thing with this is it's 50 state street legal. That's huge for guys like us here in CommiFornia.

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Aftermarket charge pipes? That's funny because it's the same design as the Levels inlet/outlet ports and I use factory location charge pipes with mine. Also, it's about as big as the Levels Race unit and people with those have 0 cooling problems and/or any measurable decreases in performance.
I cant imagine how a IC with straight input/outputs could fit with pipes designed for angled ones however I don't have experience with Levels, do they need extensions or adjustments to work? hard to wrap my head around when I'm not looking at it lol.

but anyway, my point is not that it wont work as well as others, its that the design and size are overkill to the point where its a massive waste. No flow to the end tanks to guide the air evenly between the 24in-30in (my guess) of intercooler height so the bottom half is most likely doing 90% of the cooling.

As for the measurable decreases in performance over stock, god no. but compared to even a stock mount intercooler like map or mishi, I don't see any gains other than weight and blocked airflow to the rad. I just look at this as very inefficient and the huge core is just bling factor but that's just me.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I cant imagine how a IC with straight input/outputs could fit with pipes designed for angled ones however I don't have experience with Levels, do they need extensions or adjustments to work? hard to wrap my head around when I'm not looking at it lol.

but anyway, my point is not that it wont work as well as others, its that the design and size are overkill to the point where its a massive waste. No flow to the end tanks to guide the air evenly between the 24in-30in (my guess) of intercooler height so the bottom half is most likely doing 90% of the cooling.

As for the measurable decreases in performance over stock, god no. but compared to even a stock mount intercooler like map or mishi, I don't see any gains other than weight and blocked airflow to the rad. I just look at this as very inefficient and the huge core is just bling factor but that's just me.
It's only 17 inches tall based on their spec sheet. 20x17.1x3. Literally only .1 inches taller than the levels intercooler (Strange that they have the kit size half an inch larger). I think their photos are just done in a way to make it look taller/bigger than it actually is. In reality all race intercoolers have most of their cooling done towards the bottom of the intercooler.
Levels height:
13340939_1178253368871659_787844138_o_1024x1024.jpg

vs Whipple height:
Mustang_EB_R3.jpg

To be honest they are VERY similar.

It does note that it comes with the needed "adapters", so yes it'll need adapters for them to fit.
Sponsored