Sponsored

Whipple install quotes. Pulling Engine out for OPG's??? WTHeck?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone produced a thread along the lines of "OPG's for dummies"?
If not, this install could be a good one. Plenty of experienced guys putting their hand up to help... surely between the lot of you there'd be an optimal procedure?
Sponsored

Reactions: TDC

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
i need to make it to a DFW S550 meet if there is some. The waco S550 scene is about 3 or 4 cars and they all work at LMR + me.
Plenty of us here! On FB join DFW5.0s and let them know Kris Hayes told you about the page when you send in your request. Also join North Texas S550. There are meets, drives and races in Mexico all over DFW

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
So, db252 and I are probably gonna end up doing the OPG and Whipple install. He's done both before and lives pretty close to me. I'll be taking a ton of pics as we go. I'll post them when I get a chance.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, db252 and I are probably gonna end up doing the OPG and Whipple install. He's done both before and lives pretty close to me. I'll be taking a ton of pics as we go. I'll post them when I get a chance.
Good stuff! :cheers:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I'm telling you man, I'm more excited than you I think. Really looking forward to working with you on the project.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Good stuff! :cheers:
I'm telling you man, I'm more excited than you I think. Really looking forward to working with you on the project.
Now this is what Mustang brotherhood is all about:thumbsup:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Read through the entire thread - amazing that there's so many cool m6g members on here willing to actually show up in person, lend a hand, lend tools and provide tech assistance. That's just awesome that you will not only get the install completed, but that you'll also be able to save some $$$ in the process!

It's not often that there's knowledgable folks close enough to help out as in the many offers you had received.

Keep thread updated with your progress - looking forward to reading more, even though it's not applicable to my drivetrain. Good luck!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Again, I hate where I live. No help for me.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Again, I hate where I live. No help for me.
Me to buddy. I'm in the sticks like you Northern Maine the very tip next to the Canadian border.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean. I'll help. But I'd be as helpless as you..:lol:

Hey hey! I can wrench with the best of them, but damn it would be nice to have a second set of hands. I spend more time crawling out from under the car looking for another tool. My son and daughter are 5 (twins), and they can do some things. I'm training them as fast as I can.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Hey hey! I can wrench with the best of them, but damn it would be nice to have a second set of hands. I spend more time crawling out from under the car looking for another tool. My son and daughter are 5 (twins), and they can do some things. I'm training them as fast as I can.
Most all of the work is done from the top side.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most all of the work is done from the top side.
Oh, I'm not installing a blower. Just generalizing about everything that I do. I built aluminum block engine for my old terminator. Threw a whipple on it, etc...I can tackle it all, but on an 8 hour project, two hours is spent doing things that a second pair of hands would have been able to do for me.

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Gonna be a fun time no doubt!:cheers: I think once we get started, I'll be excited. Right now I'm having visions of my brand new car blowing up or leaking all over the floor after we put it back together. Glad we ran into each other. Couldn't do this without you and Roh. Let's roll!

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Read through the entire thread - amazing that there's so many cool m6g members on here willing to actually show up in person, lend a hand, lend tools and provide tech assistance. That's just awesome that you will not only get the install completed, but that you'll also be able to save some $$$ in the process!

It's not often that there's knowledgable folks close enough to help out as in the many offers you had received.

Keep thread updated with your progress - looking forward to reading more, even though it's not applicable to my drivetrain. Good luck!
100% agree. Couldn't have said it better. Very appreciative to all the members that help out. Hopefully I can return the favor.
Sponsored