Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Lol i dont think you understand what a hail marry dyno run or quarter mile pass does to push products or allow vendors to claim they make the most HP or run the fastest times.

Some will go through great lengths to stake their claims

[MENTION=7578]Vernichtung[/MENTION]
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Okay ...I am sold !
I want my power now ! Screw the GT 500 "unicorn "
It's going to be too expensive anyway even before ADM's ...if it ever shows up .
I could probably add a Whipple to the GT 350 and pick up an A10 18 with new roush blower all for less than what the GT 500 would cost .Lol
...and have all the flavors on my cake ..and eat it .
NA is for the birds anyway .

Question for Whipple .The GT 350 kit comes with the Whipple tune right ?
What pulley( says TBD) and how much power to expect ?

If it's not enough (since more is always better) I can always do a custom tune/e85 later.....and keep a "spare" built Voodoo block on stand by .
The complete kit comes with the Whipple cal. We tested their Gen 2 kit on our car before their cal came out and made 819rwhp with the 3.625” pulley on E85. Lund Racing tuned. I believe it made just under 12psi.

Expect different results from pump gas though.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Okay ...I am sold !
I want my power now ! Screw the GT 500 "unicorn "
It's going to be too expensive anyway even before ADM's ...if it ever shows up .
I could probably add a Whipple to the GT 350 and pick up an A10 18 with new roush blower all for less than what the GT 500 would cost .Lol
...and have all the flavors on my cake ..and eat it .
NA is for the birds anyway .

Question for Whipple .The GT 350 kit comes with the Whipple tune right ?
What pulley( says TBD) and how much power to expect ?

If it's not enough (since more is always better) I can always do a custom tune/e85 later.....and keep a "spare" built Voodoo block on stand by .
GT350 comes with a 3.75" pulley and optional tune. I would say that's enough but we all know enough is never enough :cheers:

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
This thread reminds me there are people who *still* don't believe men walked on the moon. None of us were there, so it probably didn't happen, right? :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, congrats to [MENTION=10008]LethalPerformance[/MENTION] and @Whipple_SC for the incredible dyno numbers. Whether this is representative of "real world" figures, or if this is a "hail mary" dyno run will be determined when more people start posting Gen 3 dyno results. Personally, I have no intention to live on the limits of timing and fuel supply because my Gen 3 kit is going into a daily driver. But I have no doubt the Gen 3 will outperform anything that could have been attained previously, everything else being equal.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'll tell you one thing, as frustrating as it must be for Whipple to respond, their posts have made me appreciate their product more than I ever have.

I'd feel quite comfortable having a Whipple S/C on my car as the R&D and testing seems to be VERY thorough!

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Well I for one would like to apologize to Leathal & Whipple if I seemed harsh with my comments, I promise it was all in good fun! I have bought a Whipple before so I have supported Whipple so there never was the intentions of bashing your product.
[MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] honestly, to the average person buying your product, that don't have access to the Ford Lab & the cooling capabilities that Whipple has, will this really be the norm pull on 93? I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but honestly on God's green flat earth :p other than Antarctic lol is it really going to be "normal"?
I'm asking because I'm leaning Whipple for my 18 & it's going to be my first car that I'm not going to build the block or upgrade the trans & fuel system like every car I've had before. I just want a weekend bolt on car that runs on real pump gas that I can enjoy without it being an never ending project. Honestly my mind was set on under mount turbos but the new Gen3 efficiency has me really instretead in what your new blower is capable of. (The more power on pump gas the better for me)
Anyone who has e85 cars & only a hand full of stations can appreciate what I'm talking about. Both my cars now are e85 cars & it's a pain to have to watch where you can & can not go because of fuel.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'll tell you one thing, as frustrating as it must be for Whipple to respond, their posts have made me appreciate their product more than I ever have.

I'd feel quite comfortable having a Whipple S/C on my car as the R&D and testing seems to be VERY thorough!
Meh, I could do less with vendors getting into pissing contests with forum members. Quickest way to shut a nay sayer up is let someone else repeat the results and be sure to tag them in the post.

Back to my question on page 2 (guess it really wasn't formed as a question so that is my bad), how would this setup do on an auto-x or road course? Would you have overheating issues pushing this hard?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Meh, I could do less with vendors getting into pissing contests with forum members.
So what's the alternative for Whipple? Say nothing and then have forum members bash them for their silence?

Problem is you can't win in some cases reasoning with some people. There's always someone looking for a reason to be offended and start an argument with you.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
It's not really a pissing contest.
There is a auto car with the gen3 on almost 18lbs & 22+ degrees (e85) that trapped 149mph. A car thats around 3900lbs, that has around 900-950rwhp & 60ft around 1.3X-1.4X typically see those speeds right? So taking the timing out of the equation e85 vs pump 93, 22+ degrees vs 16-18 degrees. Just the boost alone 10lbs vs 18lbs makes this unbelievable with real data from a consumer to back it up.
Or I should say not the norm.

Sponsored

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
So what's the alternative for Whipple? Say nothing and then have forum members bash them for their silence?

Problem is you can't win in some cases reasoning with some people. There's always someone looking for a reason to be offended and start an argument with you.
It's the internet.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

It's the internet.
Exactly. Anyone who takes some people on here at face value should have their head's examined. I seriously doubt most are anywhere close to an expert even though they speak like one.

Vendors I categorize into two groups: sales and techs. Sales care enough about tech to make a selling point and techs care enough about sales that they keep their job. If I want to buy, I talk to the sales guys. If I want to know how something works, I talk to the techs.

Folks need to distinguish all of that which includes vendors. You can please all the people some of time, some of the people all the time, but never all the people all the time. If your product is what you say it is, people will buy it despite what ElDouche forum member says (not meant for anyone specific, just trying to be funny).

Personally what I look for is "Whipple blew up my car" or "Brand X just damaged my car". Those are damaging statements. Someone saying I doubt you can make 820WHP is subjective and really is meaningless. Educate and move on :)

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Vendors I categorize into two groups: sales and techs. Sales care enough about tech to make a selling point and techs care enough about sales that they keep their job. If I want to buy, I talk to the sales guys. If I want to know how something works, I talk to the techs.
My opinion is that tech guys are just smarter sales guys. Their primary purpose here is to generate and promote sales and be clever in how they answer/address questions.
Sponsored