Sponsored

Whipple cricket chirping at start up fixed.

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did whipple endorse your routing when you spoke with them?
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Did whipple endorse your routing when you spoke with them?
Endorse? Like approve?
After spending tens of hours reinstalling and realigning and replacing belts every 1200 miles, having chirp come back after every “fix”, neither they, nor I, were interested in speaking about it. I was extremely frustrated and they were obviously frustrated as well because its caused by alignment issues outside Whipples control and different customers have different experiences.

I love what Whipple has done for the community. They are the reason I bought the car: to best exploit the overbuilt drivetrain. That is the real 50th anniversary gift to the community and blue collar wrench turners.
I loved my Whipple and hate to hear negative shit about people suffering from belt noise when it takes away from an otherwise OEM grade supercharger setup. I was infuriated by my belt noise issues and am confident anyone with OCD suffering chirp can find Nirvana.

Basically, I wouldnt ask or expect Whipple to specifically test this themselves. I only post my experience to help anyone having a negative experience with the Whipple belt chirp.

I do all my own work: motor swaps, FI, track setup. Former automotive engineer Tier 1 Asia and US. Doesnt make me an expert, only qualified to test and report back.
Lol, I think Whipple would tell you definitely dont do what I did to a Mustang:
RIP 2 transmissions, 3 differentials, front calipers, 1 motor, 2 timing chains, 1 TG, 8k in tires and brakes. Do not expect to put 8k of track miles on a drivetrain w a Whipple without hurting stuff.
However, I did get the last 6k without chirp...

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
“Lol, I think Whipple would tell you definitely dont do what I did to a Mustang:
RIP 2 transmissions, 3 differentials, front calipers, 1 motor, 2 timing chains, 1 TG, 8k in tires and brakes. Do not expect to put 8k of track miles on a drivetrain w a Whipple without hurting stuff.
However, I did get the last 6k without chirp...[/QUOTE]”

Damn thanks for that, makes me a bit nervous since I have a 2015. You really went thru 2 clutches and 3 diffs in only 8k miles???!?!?
I know track miles can be tough but damnnnnnn

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Endorse? Like approve?
After spending tens of hours reinstalling and realigning and replacing belts every 1200 miles, having chirp come back after every “fix”, neither they, nor I, were interested in speaking about it. I was extremely frustrated and they were obviously frustrated as well because its caused by alignment issues outside Whipples control and different customers have different experiences.

I love what Whipple has done for the community. They are the reason I bought the car: to best exploit the overbuilt drivetrain. That is the real 50th anniversary gift to the community and blue collar wrench turners.
I loved my Whipple and hate to hear negative shit about people suffering from belt noise when it takes away from an otherwise OEM grade supercharger setup. I was infuriated by my belt noise issues and am confident anyone with OCD suffering chirp can find Nirvana.

Basically, I wouldnt ask or expect Whipple to specifically test this themselves. I only post my experience to help anyone having a negative experience with the Whipple belt chirp.

I do all my own work: motor swaps, FI, track setup. Former automotive engineer Tier 1 Asia and US. Doesnt make me an expert, only qualified to test and report back.
Lol, I think Whipple would tell you definitely dont do what I did to a Mustang:
However, I did get the last 6k without chirp...
Thank you for this and sharing your rerouting work.

Being an OEM technician and having a mild form of OCD as well, I completely understand where you are coming from, and agree the Whipple kit is on par as far as OEM fit/quality, which is the #1 reason I chose their kit. I am hoping I do not run into a belt noise concern as others have....but in the event I do, I certainly will be reviewing what you have shared after I have exhausted all other options with the manufacturer.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Damn thanks for that, makes me a bit nervous since I have a 2015. You really went thru 2 clutches and 3 diffs in only 8k miles???!?!?
I know track miles can be tough but damnnnnnn
Hahaha!!! Nope, 6R80 with an extra trans cooler.
First trans needed steels as it could no longer hold the 2-3 shift and killed that set effectively dropping to neutral at 7900 rpm and WOT. Since I was using trans as rev limiter (ECU limiter was off), it got to about 8400 even though I lifted and I broke a timing chain (second chain).
For those tracking, I would seriously recommend changing chains every season and inspect TG and chain and check chain stretch. 8200+ is very rough on timing system. It seemed like above 7800, the wear is markedly faster.
Diffs I was cooking the LSD (non torsen) or seals were weeping, or light crunching or pinion needed reshim. All 3.15 . I bought 3 spares for $800 on a pallet from yard in Coleman TX.
Cheaper to swap. Next track build will have exhaust insulation and air curtain to keep diff temps down as most of the temperature rise is from the unshielded hot air from surfaces in front of the diff: motor, exhaust, trans.
Sponsored