OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Thanks for the reply. Was hoping you'd say it was easier. I'm doing the 3.31 swap very soon. For the same reason you did, no 5th gear at the 1/4 mile.
Again I had the same issues with my Whipple setup. I have HPTuners so I'm able to adjust the Whipple tune. I found that the car was starving for fuel under light load part throttle boost. Basically the car needs more fuel in that area.
HPTuners will allow me to tweak the Whipple tune? That sounds like my fix!

John
Sponsored

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
Yessir. I was able to increase the rev limit to from 7500 to 8000, add more fuel in Power Enrichment, increase commanded lambda (Whipple commands 0.82 which is slightly too lean for my liking) and a bunch of other small tweaks.

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
Yessir. I was able to increase the rev limit to from 7500 to 8000, add more fuel in Power Enrichment, increase commanded lambda (Whipple commands 0.82 which is slightly too lean for my liking) and a bunch of other small tweaks.
It's .82 to keep the cats alive.

Tony

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
It's .82 for lean best torque while not melting exhaust components. It will drop into the .7x range as it determines things need to be cooled down through the temperature control logic.

I'm interested in what fixes the issue, I don't think it's going to be Whipple changing the tune or an aftermarket tune. It sounds a lot more like a spark plug or blow out issue, may just need a smaller gap with the denser air.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
This is the exact opposite of what I had been told, or lead to believe. If true it will be a godsend as I really want to run the stock tune at first but prefer to use ID1050X injectors.

can you actually get into the fuel and injector config tables? I thought the Whipple tune was encrypted / locked.

Sponsored

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
It's .82 for lean best torque while not melting exhaust components. It will drop into the .7x range as it determines things need to be cooled down through the temperature control logic.
Interesting. I wasn't taking into account the 10% E in our fuel.

Last edited:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Thermal enrichment. More efficient coolant system (radiator, Tstat, coolant/water ratio),Ethanol helps with it, DI definitely can also help with it.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
So I just installed my whipple stage 2 gen 3 and am having the same issues. Bucking and surging at mid throttle especially in higher gears. It happens mainly right when it would go into boost when the vacuum hits 0 the afr will show about 14.0 and I will read about 2-5 lb of boost so I think it’s a lean condition when you start into non full throttle boost. real annoying in 6th when you go to overtake someone normally on the interstate. I do get an occasional hesitation when I go int boost it will boost then drop off then boost again fine. I have smoke tested and found no leaks.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Do you have our cal or something else? Power enrichment is set to 90% pedal on our cal so its not commanding power enrichment at that point, not even close in that area. The wide band O2 sensors are correcting for variations, you have over 30% of fuel trim capacity.

We would need a data log to look at what the engine is doing during the transition if its our cal.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Sounds like whipple needs adjust the power enrichment tables.

Edit: They beat me too it...

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Do you have our cal or something else? Power enrichment is set to 90% pedal on our cal so its not commanding power enrichment at that point, not even close in that area. The wide band O2 sensors are correcting for variations, you have over 30% of fuel trim capacity.

We would need a data log to look at what the engine is doing during the transition if its our cal.
I am running your Cal and the car from a performance perspective is totally stock other than the blower. the power comes on when the bypass closes correct? that is happening at about 1/3-1/2 peddle in 6th. its almost like the bypass closes and it goes into boost like it should. Too bad there is not a way to do it with an electric bypass that would only close at 90% throttle

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP

I also dont have any data log software just the Flare tool. What do you recommend? what OBD device do I need? I dont have a S4 or other tuner.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I also dont have any data log software just the Flare tool. What do you recommend? what OBD device do I need? I dont have a S4 or other tuner.
Contact our tech staff and you can log with the Flare software.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Contact our tech staff and you can log with the Flare software.
Honestly I have Emailed yesterday morning and talked to them this morning when they did not respond. They said the would email me and have not done so yet.
Sponsored