Sponsored

Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Wait, yours is a 2017? I have in my notes its a 2016. Your file that you downloaded is identical, that has not been updated yet. ONLY 2015-2016 models. Any 2017 trying to download will just download the same file. I'm hoping to have 17's ready to go today-tomorrow.
Yes mine is a 17. The car runs a lot different with this tune than the one I had before. I am not sure if Dustin (don’t know if thisnit you responding Dustin or another person) did something to get it to me or what. The file name is the same as the one I had before.
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
This exact thing happened to me. New tune felt great for the 1st 100 or so miles on a spirited drive. Then all of the sudden power was way down. I started to experience stumble/hesitation on tip in on 5th and 6th gear and boost went way down. With the windows down I can now hear a whistle when it should be getting into boost. Never heard that whistle before. All hoses appear to still be in place. Took it out again today and sure enough it is still running like crap now. Still have the whistle and little boost. And a terrible stumble on tip in, especially in the taller gears. I did do a crank relearn and knock limiting is off. I'm on 92 octane and it was about 45 degrees out both days. 3.75 pulley.

My theory is the bypass valve is getting stuck open for whatever reason.

I am going back to the previous tune until this problem gets worked out.
Bypass is mechanical, if its getting stuck, it has nothing to do with a calibration. Only 2 things can limit boost, bypass failed or stuck, or throttle not opening.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Yes mine is a 17. The car runs a lot different with this tune than the one I had before. I am not sure if Dustin (don’t know if thisnit you responding Dustin or another person) did something to get it to me or what. The file name is the same as the one I had before.
It's the same, it runs different due to resetting the learning (everytime you flash). Will send you an update tonight.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I have a Whipple Stage 2 kit ordered for my 2017 Mustang Gt Auto and wanted to know if I can use my Apple Computer(Safari) to down load my new tune when I get my kit.I know most members use Windows to down load their tune.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Whipple Stage 2 kit ordered for my 2017 Mustang Gt Auto and wanted to know if I can use my Apple Computer(Safari) to down load my new tune when I get my kit.I know most members use Windows to down load their tune.
i used my Mac. there Flare software comes for Mac too. no issues.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Both Mac and PC versions here:
[FONT=&quot]http://www.micromotive.net/whipple[/FONT]

Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Guys I need help.....i downloaded the new flare software and tune.....i reloaded the original original whipple tune and restored the vehicle to stock.....i then was successfully programing the most,recent tune and when at 60% my lap top slipped and the USB cord disconnected from my laptop....i tried plugging it in quick but it wont continue...now it wont let me program anything as it says it can read my vin #......i called,whipple but Jeff and Dustin are both out.....anyone know what I can do....my car is bricked!

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
My odometer is just dashes....i my life....I wonder if the dealer can use ford software to load the stock tune back on