Sponsored

Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Yes your installer should have copied the .flare file from their laptop to the Whipple thumb drive that comes with the kit, after loading the tune to your car and gave you the flash drive with the .flare file on it.
I have the Whipple tune that Whipple gave me originally and now the new Whipple tune. Is there another stock file or something? Thank you!
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Have u ever looked at your ltft while your car is idling,warmed up??If they are let's say 25 at idle and then u raise the rpm to 2k and the ltft drop that is a classic case of an air leak somewhere.Also if u don't do a kam reset after fixing a fuel trim issue fuel trims will be the same on the next startup and take some time to relearn.Not sure if flashing over another tune does a kam reset.
I almost wonder if it is an issue with the 132mm TB. Maybe it is more open than the computer thinks it is and is drawing in more air off idle. The trims come back down lower at WOT but mid range are in the 20s

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I almost wonder if it is an issue with the 132mm TB. Maybe it is more open than the computer thinks it is and is drawing in more air off idle. The trims come back down lower at WOT but mid range are in the 20s
Have you logged the new tune?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
yes those 18-22 values are on the new tune. I have also logged when it did the 4Psi boost thing
What did whipple say about the new tune logs?

I’m wondering if you have a bypass valve problem or throttle body issue like you are thinking

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Is this possibly related to the clocking of the TB magnet?
when I got my kit the car would not idle down and they had my do the magnet clocking, well attempt too... the magnet was glued down with what looked like red lock tight so they sent me a new TB with the electronics installed and I have not messed with it. the idle is right at about 800 and whipple says that is correct.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
twice at home, not the best, but once I took it to a shop and had it done with a professional machine. No leaks found
I wouldn't expect any leak to cause the need for 20%ish more fuel. Gotta be a MAF or fuel pressure issue.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I wouldn't expect any leak to cause the need for 20%ish more fuel. Gotta be a MAF or fuel pressure issue.
What does Whipple think about the low boost issue? My car did that last summer (old tune) but went away never to return after the car sat for a few hours. I had KL turned on at the time. I turned it off per Whipple's advice.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
What does Whipple think about the low boost issue? My car did that last summer (old tune) but went away never to return after the car sat for a few hours. I had KL turned on at the time. I turned it off per Whipple's advice.
I replaced the MAF to test. Any good pumps if I gotta get one to test that dont require a retune? Maybe a GT350 pump?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I have not put that is on my radar. My car is a 17 with 20k on the odo so I would hope the pump is ok.
Wait, yours is a 2017? I have in my notes its a 2016. Your file that you downloaded is identical, that has not been updated yet. ONLY 2015-2016 models. Any 2017 trying to download will just download the same file. I'm hoping to have 17's ready to go today-tomorrow.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I have the Whipple tune that Whipple gave me originally and now the new Whipple tune. Is there another stock file or something? Thank you!
We supply a USB thumb drive for the installer to put modified and stock files on. This is so the customer can have both in there hand. We cannot supply another stock file, therefore you either have to get your file from installer, or just flash over what you have and it will backup the previous version cal as "stock".
Sponsored